Should religion be promoted in public schools?

If so, would not all religions need to be included, including nazism? I mean nazism is a belief system(religious) that believes in aryan supremacy through a superman nordic god. I'm not trying to start a commotion here but if religion is to be brought into the public arena of education where do we as Americans draw the line for 1st amendment rights & interpretation???
Or would it be a better idea to have private schools where the religious ideology of choice can be promoted?

Stopping people by law or by intimidation is a breach of our constitutional rights to free-expression of religion.

If the enemies of Christianity are allowed to stop all free-expression in our public schools it won't be long before the begin to rationalize that private schools are a problem as well.

I am so tired of the far right agenda-driven PC nonsense, their silly political correctness, which is to take this country back to the 1950s.

However, I am strengthened that such will never happen. The far wacks don't have the votes by themselves, and the rest of the GOP will use them but not let them make policy.

Jake.....I'm convinced you live in some evil alternate universe.

I am so tired of the far right agenda-driven PC nonsense, their silly political correctness, which is to take this country back to the 1950s.

However, I am strengthened that such will never happen. The far wacks don't have the votes by themselves, and the rest of the GOP will use them but not let them make policy.

More's the pity since this means that we will never be free of the leftist, self-serving, tyrannical notion that the Establishment Clause takes precedent over the Free Exercise Clause. In other words, we will never be free of government's outrageous inference with parental consent and authority when it comes to education and will simply slip deeper and deeper into the pit of Orwellian mediocrity.

Last edited:
Mud and M.D. live in strange land. No one is interfering with your raising of your children. You can home school or put them in private school. If you send them to public school, then you have to play nice like all the other parents.

What is with you wacks to the far right of sanity? We are not going back to the fifties. Not agonna happen.

If so, would not all religions need to be included, including nazism? I mean nazism is a belief system(religious) that believes in aryan supremacy through a superman nordic god. I'm not trying to start a commotion here but if religion is to be brought into the public arena of education where do we as Americans draw the line for 1st amendment rights & interpretation???
Or would it be a better idea to have private schools where the religious ideology of choice can be promoted?

Stopping people by law or by intimidation is a breach of our constitutional rights to free-expression of religion.

If the enemies of Christianity are allowed to stop all free-expression in our public schools it won't be long before the begin to rationalize that private schools are a problem as well.

Your children can pray anytime anywhere in school. Your children, however, cannot disrupt the education process or intimidate others while praying. This is not hard to understand, this is good manners, this is Christian.

You guys do more damage to the spread of the Christian faith than twenty devils.

More's the pity since this means that we will never be free of the leftist, self-serving, tyrannical notion that the Establishment Clause takes precedent over the Free Exercise Clause. In other words, we will never be free of government's outrageous inference with parental consent and authority when it comes to education and will simply slip deeper and deeper into the pit of Orwellian mediocrity.

Paul Johnson is talking about people like you, M.D. Even Rush gets that words have meaning, and then he deliberately misuses them. I don't think you are smart enough or mean enough to do that deliberately. Stop your verbal violence.

Should religion be promoted in public schools?

The religion called 'Liberalism' is already promoted in public schools. Isn't that enough?

Move to Texas. They completely re-wrote the history curriculum to make you happy. Nothing but a right wing view of US history.
Bullshit.
Move to Texas. They completely re-wrote the history curriculum to make you happy. Nothing but a right wing view of US history.

US history supports a right wing view. Can't change the facts.

Texas changed the facts.
More bullshit.

The religion called 'Liberalism' is already promoted in public schools. Isn't that enough?

Bullshit.
US history supports a right wing view. Can't change the facts.

Texas changed the facts.
More bullshit.

Yes, Texas is full of bullshit, and that opinion will not be taught in the public schools. The instructors know that the far right reactionary opinion is not factual. Kids, Lexington and Concord are not in New Hampshire, Paul Revere was on his way to warn the Americans not the British, Thomas Jefferson is still a hero, and Joe McCarthy still a bad guy. None of this is going to change in school.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back