Should religion be eliminated

Should religion be eliminated?

• Yes

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters
Conceit, isn't that a bible word? :biggrin:

No, it's just an English word. The Bible actually calls it "Pride", and it's considered the deadliest of the Seven Deadly Sins.
So having pride in an accomplishment, for example, is a sin?
Only if it separates you from God. It’s like you are looking to only follow the letter of the law. No wonder you are so clueless.
How would it separate me from god? And why would god even give a shit?

He loves you, so He doesn't want you lying to yourself about how you have something to be prideful about.
Can you prove that an invisible being cares about me being "prideful" or not? Like seriously, that sounds kooky.

Only if it separates you from God. It’s like you are looking to only follow the letter of the law. No wonder you are so clueless.
Sin is anything which distances or separates us from God.

Why does it matter? You can argue God has no preference for an outcome because he has given us free will and let’s us choose but I believe that we get enough feedback from the law of compensation which is pruning us that he does care. But it is only when you seek a relationship with God that you discover that he does.
You seriously think that a god would care what each individual does? And what if I sin but don't think that it separates me from god? Who decides?

God. And reality. Believe it or not, fact is not determined by what you think it is.
Can you prove ANY of what you say?

Sin is anything which distances or separates us from God.

Why does it matter? You can argue God has no preference for an outcome because he has given us free will and let’s us choose but I believe that we get enough feedback from the law of compensation which is pruning us that he does care. But it is only when you seek a relationship with God that you discover that he does.
You seriously think that a god would care what each individual does? And what if I sin but don't think that it separates me from god? Who decides?
100%

You know right from wrong.
Where's the proof?

Hitler thought he was right.

You actually have to ask how we can tell that Hitler was mistaken about being right? This is actually something you need explained to you?
Dingbat said that I know right from wrong. My answer to that is that Hitler according to general morality obviously didn't, so that means that right and wrong are subjective, not a universal instinct.

So that's a real story that really happened, and not allegorical? Any proof this actually happened?
It is an allegorical account of a truth about men. We know right from wrong and when we violate it rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong we rationalize we didn’t violate it. We see it all the time. People who have an external locus of control do it daily.

The fact that we all have such strong feelings about righteousness is proof of a loving and good God.
Right and wrong are subjective. I personally think that Adam was right to eat the apple.

Hitler thought that what he was doing was righteous. So also subjective.
It is people’s inability to abandon that concept and their rationalization that matters.
So god's sitting around judging everyone on whether their reasons are bullshit or not? :lmao:

Why not? YOU do it all the time.
So I'm god-like? Cool! :cool:

You're not having pride in an actual accomplishment, dear. You're having pride in something you imagine to be the case, based on no evidence and no actual effort on your part at all.

That would be a big part of the problem.
Wtf are you even talking about? :lol:

Is gibberish your way of conceding the point?

Your lack of reading comprehension does not indicate a problem with what you're having trouble comprehending.

Let me dumb it down for you.

You haven't accomplished anything. You're proud of how much "smarter" you are than other people, without actually being smarter than anyone at all and without ever doing anything to change that fact.
So can I have pride for being so dumb? Or does your book-god frown on that too?

Once again, that would be reality. Why would you be proud of being an imbecile?
So it would be ok to have pride in my stupidity. Thanks for clearing that up.

Forum List

Back