Should religion be eliminated

Should religion be eliminated?

• Yes

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters
Nope, I voted no. If you wanna devote your life to worshipping an imaginary father figure who am I to say "no"?
So you don't want to subordinate religion? Even though it is responsible for so so much bad?
Subordinate it to what?
To treat or regard as of lesser importance than not believing in God. To lower in rank and position to atheism.
So, subordinate it to atheism? Isn't it already?
But you could codify it. Make them wear little crosses on their sleeves or a tattoo on their forehead so they could be treated like the second class citizens that they are.

Are you sure you didn't vote yes?
The real nut-jobs self identify anyway. Why make a big deal of it?

Why do you want to do bad things to people because of their religion? Doesn't that make you as bad as them?

Nope, I voted no. If you wanna devote your life to worshipping an imaginary father figure who am I to say "no"?
So you don't want to subordinate religion? Even though it is responsible for so so much bad?
Subordinate it to what?
To treat or regard as of lesser importance than not believing in God. To lower in rank and position to atheism.
So is that a yes?
No, it's a question. Surely you've heard of them?

Subordinate it to what?
But you could codify it. Make them wear little crosses on their sleeves or a tattoo on their forehead so they could be treated like the second class citizens that they are.

Why do you want to do bad things to people because of their religion? Doesn't that make you as bad as them?
Because they are bad people, right?

Subordinate it to what?
So is that a yes?
You have to go up like three branches to see what started this line but it was me asking you a question. I'm sorry the question made you uncomfortable. You don't need to answer it. I wouldn't want to make you say something you believe but don't want others to know you believe.

Subordinate it to what?
So is that a yes?
Just between you and me, I'm totally cool with you wanting to intern Christians. Those filthy Christians probably deserve it.

Subordinate it to what?

Gullible self-righteous whack-jobs.

But they aren't "evil" if that's what you are asking.

There is no ‘opposition to religion’ on USMB.

No one advocates for religion to be ‘eliminated.’
If it is bad as everyone says it is the logical conclusion would be to eliminate it. Right? Am I missing something?
I agree with CCJones...

There isn't an opposition to religion,
in the sense that it should be eliminated,
the opposition towards religion stems from,
others who do not want to be held to or stymied by,
the by laws, if you will, and guiding principles, of a religion.

Furthermore, people don't have a problem with religion,
they have a problem with those, who don't practice what Jesus preached
(Christianity is what I see most go off about)

That have no right to breath the same air as someone like you who is their superior.

There is no ‘opposition to religion’ on USMB.

No one advocates for religion to be ‘eliminated.’
If it is bad as everyone says it is the logical conclusion would be to eliminate it. Right? Am I missing something?
I agree with CCJones...

There isn't an opposition to religion,
in the sense that it should be eliminated,
the opposition towards religion stems from,
others who do not want to be held to or stymied by,
the by laws, if you will, and guiding principles, of a religion.

Furthermore, people don't have a problem with religion,
they have a problem with those, who don't practice what Jesus preached
(Christianity is what I see most go off about)
Did you vote?

I'm still trying to figure out who voted yes. They are a little shy. I don't know why.

Subordinate it to what?
So is that a yes?
You have to go up like three branches to see what started this line but it was me asking you a question. I'm sorry the question made you uncomfortable. You don't need to answer it. I wouldn't want to make you say something you believe but don't want others to know you believe.
Lol, you've spent the last half hour trying to get me to say religion is evil and should be abolished and now you're gonna get condescending over this?

You feel victorious? Like a big man in campus? Well don't, cause yer not.

Subordinate it to what?
So is that a yes?
Just between you and me, I'm totally cool with you wanting to intern Christians. Those filthy Christians probably deserve it.
And now you are putting words in my mouth.

What's wrong with you?

So is that a yes?
Lol, you've spent the last half hour trying to get me to say religion is evil and should be abolished and now you're gonna get condescending over this?

You feel victorious? Like a big man in campus? Well don't, cause yer not.
Moi? Heavens no. I'm just trying to see how far people are willing to go for their convictions. Or in your case not go. I'm totally cool either way.

I think the best outcome is when people want to say something but don't. It just proves that what they believe isn't worth believing if they can't say it out loud.

So is that a yes?

What's wrong with you?
That's only a hop skip and a jump from subordination.

You are better than them, right?

Why would you be afraid to say it if you believed it?

has anyone bothered to define religion in regards to why it should be eliminated - and from what.

That have no right to breath the same air as someone like you who is their superior.
Kid, you've totally lost it

I don't have a problem with religion. I do however have a serious case of the ass for hypocrites. Sadly the two seem to go hand in hand more often than not.
So should we just lock them up in camps then?
Nope, just be aware that they rarely practice what they preach.
That's it?
That's it. If they didn't have god to bother they might start bugging me!
Are you sure you don't want to abolish religion and lock up all the religious people?

Don't you believe that would make the world a better place?
Are you sure you don't want to abolish religion and lock up all the religious people?

Really Ding, this is what irks people,
and what they equate to religion.

Why are you using religion to argue with posters?

So is that a yes?

What's wrong with you?

You are making this up as you go along.

So should we just lock them up in camps then?
Nope, just be aware that they rarely practice what they preach.
That's it?
That's it. If they didn't have god to bother they might start bugging me!

Really Ding, this is what irks people,
and what they equate to religion.

Why are you using religion to argue with posters?
I'm not arguing for religion. I am agreeing with them and discussing the logical conclusion to their beliefs.

So is that a yes?

What's wrong with you?

You are making this up as you go along.
Not if you studied history I'm not.

Before a genocide can occur, the enemy (that's people like me) must be dehumanized.

So you are half way there.

Forum List

Back