Should religion be eliminated

Should religion be eliminated?

• Yes

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters
Unfortunately, there are far too many theists who, as a consequence of their arrogance and hate, seek to codify their religious dogma into secular law in violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment and the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

It is perfectly justified, therefore, to oppose the arrogance, hate, bigotry, and racism many theists work to propagate through force of law.

To oppose that arrogance, hate, bigotry, and racism is not to ‘oppose’ religion; rather, it is to oppose the evil theists seek to advance in the name of their religion.

Which is not nearly the problem as that created by atheists who, in their hubris, reject all standards of morality and decency as “religious”, and who promote all manner of madness, immorality, sexual deviancy, and outright evil, and ostensibly demand that such be treated as equal to that which is good and decent and rational, and in practice, seek to make the madness, immorality, and evil “more equal”. This, more than anything else, has contributed to the corrosion and degeneration of our society.

And of course, it is you Godless filth who then point the finger at us, and try to blame us for the consequences that you have brought upon our society. When we refuse to support the madness, immorality, and evil that you promote, you call this “arrogance, hate, bigotry, and racism”.

Last edited:
There's quite a bit of opposition to religion here. I am just wondering how many of you people believe religion should be eliminated. It's been tried before and failed, but don't let that deter you in your quest.

Learn from their mistakes and give it another try.

Why the Soviet attempt to stamp out religion failed | Giles Fraser: Loose canon

Each time a civilization has tried to eliminate religion, it had to slaughter masses of its average folk to get and keep the atheism ball rolling. Sound good? Then French Revolution away! Just cross your fingers you're not one among the slaughtered masses.

Acknowledging the fact that there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists, and that religion and ‘god’ are creations of man is not to ‘oppose’ religion.

Indeed, those free from religion are among the greatest advocates of religious expression and liberty; those free from religion will always be the first to defend religious liberty against attacks by government or unwarranted restrictions by the state.

Blind to history. Next.

Unfortunately, there are far too many theists who, as a consequence of their arrogance and hate, seek to codify their religious dogma into secular law in violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment and the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

It is perfectly justified, therefore, to oppose the arrogance, hate, bigotry, and racism many theists work to propagate through force of law.

To oppose that arrogance, hate, bigotry, and racism is not to ‘oppose’ religion; rather, it is to oppose the evil theists seek to advance in the name of their religion.
Now we are getting somewhere.

All the more reason to join together and stop those evil theists. Is that any particular sect that we should focus on first?

There's quite a bit of opposition to religion here. I am just wondering how many of you people believe religion should be eliminated.

You mean by force? Of course not. A society that would even consider such a thing has far deeper problems than religion.
Why not by force? If religion is a threat to freedom and liberty why shouldn't it be surgically removed?

Thanks. While I agree that political affiliation has taken a religious fervor, that isn't quite what I am talking about. Unless of course you think there is a specific interference from a specific religion that should be singled out and eliminated.

Well, all men are created...endowed by their Creator. Our tradional philosophy of governance is religious in nature. As such ours is a nation which is a haven for all religions.

As far as specific interference, no, just the religion of statism.

As you likely know, ding, religion is merely the practice of one's faith.
But if there was a particular religion that was evil, let's say Christianity, wouldn't abolishing it be the moral thing to do?

Eliminating religion will not eradicate the evils that men do to one another. For centuries religion has been used as an excuse to commit atrocities of one kind or another, up to and including present day. And then there are the many positives that religion has brought to mankind since mankind developed the wit to wonder WTF is going on with all the bad things that happen. Whether any of what constitutes a person's religion is true or not is beside the point if it helps them get through what has almost always been a very cold, hard, and dangerous world.

History is replete with examples of the state attempting to eliminate various creations of human culture – such as language, nationality, and religion; needless to say all such efforts have failed.

In fact, attempts to eliminate a language, nationality, or religion have always resulted in those creations of human culture flourishing.
So you are saying a more subversive approach is needed to end religion?

Eliminating religion will not eradicate the evils that men do to one another. For centuries religion has been used as an excuse to commit atrocities of one kind or another, up to and including present day. And then there are the many positives that religion has brought to mankind since mankind developed the wit to wonder WTF is going on with all the bad things that happen. Whether any of what constitutes a person's religion is true or not is beside the point if it helps them get through what has almost always been a very cold, hard, and dangerous world.
I keep asking these guys if there are any positives from religion and they can't think of any. In fact all they can tell me about are the horrible atrocities. It just seems to me that if religion is that bad it needs to be ended.

There's quite a bit of opposition to religion here. I am just wondering how many of you people believe religion should be eliminated. It's been tried before and failed, but don't let that deter you in your quest.

I don't have a problem with religion. I do however have a serious case of the ass for hypocrites. Sadly the two seem to go hand in hand more often than not.

But if there was a particular religion that was evil, let's say Christianity, wouldn't abolishing it be the moral thing to do?

I'm sorry, ding, I'm afraid you'll have to elevate discourse to my level of understanding of the subject if we're going to continue. I say this not from pride, but from disinterest in treading the shallows.

I don't have a problem with religion. I do however have a serious case of the ass for hypocrites. Sadly the two seem to go hand in hand more often than not.
So should we just lock them up in camps then?

I'm sorry, ding, I'm afraid you'll have to elevate discourse to my level of understanding of the subject if we're going to continue.
Ok, let's try this. The reason they stopped hanging witches is because they no longer believed that witches had magical powers and used them for evil. If they really did believe that then hanging them would have been the moral thing to do.

So if people really do feel that religion is the root cause of evil in this world, then the moral thing would be to abolish it.

How was that?

Nope, just be aware that they rarely practice what they preach.

Nope, just be aware that they rarely practice what they preach.
That's it?

I don't know anyone who practices what they preach. Atheists included.

Forum List

Back