Should Racial Views Get You Fired?

You have racial views that are non-mainstream.

You do not share them with anyone at work. At work, you perform very well. Nobody ever has a complaint.

But, the Southern Poverty Law Center discovers your identity. They call your boss and announce that you are a "white supremacist."

You are fired on the spot.

Is this right?

Depends entirely on what you do..and if you let it affect your work.
I agree. But in this example the SPLC is assuming the role of thought police.

It's a tough call.

If you have a "public facing" and you are engaging in after hours racism by going to protests or associating with groups..it's very difficult to keep that "private" and does an effect.

However..if you work for the Department of Sanitation, picking up trash..you have very little public facing..and as long as you keep it off the job..and don't do anything illegal..there should be no problem.

If the details are as explained in the OP, then I don't think the employee should have been fired. Per the OP, the employee kept his/her opinions to him/herself and never discussed such issues.

Firing an employee simply because an organization such as SPLC called and claimed the employee was a racist is wrong.

Can they fire the employee? They can in a right to work state. That doesn't mean they should.

Immie

If you treat people differently because of your racist views then I think it's ok to fire you.

Here's an example of a time when I thought an employee should have been fired. I overheard a man at work telling someone he wished he had been present at Mathew Shepard's murder to have inflicted more damage. IMO, that constitutes a hostile work environment for lesbian and gay employees.

Last edited:
Somebody will kick your ass soon enough.

No they won't. Don't you know we blacks are prone to violent outbursts?:eek:
only when the apes out number the human 5 to 1..and thats the Damn truth!!..unless the human victim is 85 or older ....and thats also the damn truth!!!and the Klitschko brothers are beating the hell out of every ****** that steps into the ring with them!!

Just think if this yidnar idiot worked with you, YOU ALL would be turning him in in hopes of him getting fired I bet!

only when the apes out number the human 5 to 1..and thats the Damn truth!!..unless the human victim is 85 or older ....and thats also the damn truth!!!and the Klitschko brothers are beating the hell out of every ****** that steps into the ring with them!!

Just think if this yidnar idiot worked with you, YOU ALL would be turning him in in hopes of him getting fired I bet!

In that case, the employee would not have been keeping his opinions to himself as was specified in the OP.

Immie

In that case, the employee would not have been keeping his opinions to himself as was specified in the OP.

Immie

I wonder if he spouts his racist crap at work like he does on here. Should that be allowed?

I worked with a racist that was similar.

He just recently ate a bullet because he wounded one of his neighbors in a drunken rampage and couldn't face going to jail.

If you treat people differently because of your racist views then I think it's ok to fire you.

Here's an example of a time when I thought an employee should have been fired. I overheard a man at work telling someone he wished he had been present at Mathew Shepard's murder to have inflicted more damage. IMO, that constitutes a hostile work environment for lesbian and gay employees.

The guy you overheard saying that is an idiot, but without prior trouble from him, why should I (as the employer) take your word over his? Maybe it is you who have, in fact, been the troublemaker and maybe it should be you who should be fired?

Immie

Last edited:

A very important point.

Immie

I wonder if he spouts his racist crap at work like he does on here. Should that be allowed?
It would be interesting, in the strongest of unions, how hard it'd be to fire him.

Immie

I wonder if he has the courage to say those kinds of things in the real world. I suspect he will claim he does, but I wonder if he really does. Where does he work? Who does he work with? Does he work with minorities or are they all people just like him?

Immie

Immie

I wonder if he has the courage to say those kinds of things in the real world. I suspect he will claim he does, but I wonder if he really does. Where does he work? Who does he work with? Does he work with minorities or are they all people just like him?

Immie
my guess is, he comes here to vent/troll and doesn't act this way in the real world.

So which racial views should get you fired?

"Everything that is wrong with the world is the fault of blacks."

"Everything that is wrong with the world is the fault of Hispanics."

"Everything that is wrong with the world is the fault of Arabs."

"Everything that is wrong with the world is the fault of whites."

"Everything that is wrong with the world is the fault of Jews."

It is really clear that there are people on here who believe some of what I posted. If one believes ANY of it should he/she be fired? Or just if he/she believes ALL of it?

I'm SO confused by this thread!

Immie

Immie

I think he's just some wussy little man spouting his racist views on the internet and in the woods at night with the other Klansmen.

If he said in public what he says on here I bet he'd get the crap beat out of him every other day, by kids and adults.

Immie

I think he's just some wussy little man spouting his racist views on the internet and in the woods at night with the other Klansmen.

If he said in public what he says on here I bet he'd get the crap beat out of him every other day, by kids and adults a like.

You think he's tough enough to be in the Klan? I don't.

Immie

If he said in public what he says on here I bet he'd get the crap beat out of him every other day, by kids and adults a like.

I thought the klan took any p*ssy that hates anyone different from them.

But yeah, even if he's a member I bet they make fun of him behind his back too.

I thought the klan took any p*ssy that hates anyone different from them.

But yeah, even if he's a member I bet they make fun of him behind his back too.

I don't even know if he's as committed to it as Klansmen are. but who knows.

Forum List

Back