Should race-baiting demagogues share blame for two murdered NYPD cops?

Sure they are.

You brought up slums. Are you aware of a lot of white slums (Mississippi not withstanding)? Sure there are some whites living in slums but I doubt you were referring to them...

Martha Stewart wasn't loaded? Presumably rich athletes like Rae Carruth, Pete Rose, Denny MacLain, Mike Tyson, Steve Howe, and 2 players off of every NFL team (on average) aren't loaded? They went to jail.

Michael Vick had something like $8 million in the bank when he went to jail.
Floyd Maywhether has something like $80M in the bank.

The outlier you picked was OJ which had other factors such as an 11 month trial with a sequestered jury, a joke of a prosecution team, which didn't bring up the chase or the curious things OJ had with him during the chase (a loaded gun, fake beard and mustache, $8 large in cash, etc...),and yes OJ was rich at the time. It certainly doesn't hurt and there is some validity to what you say. But there are plenty of rich folks in jail.

I'm not sure why you picked up on his skin color but whatever...

I've showed you that the Stop&Frisk laws in NYC were far more often applied to blacks than whites
I've showed you facts that blacks are sentenced to Life without Parole more often than whites.
I've showed you that kids that grow up fatherless--as our justice system ensures some blacks are-- are far more pre-disposed to likely live in the "slums" as you pointed out are dangerous.

You are contesting that if you search more blacks than whites--6 times as many, it will have no bearing on the number of blacks being arrested compared to whites

You are contesting that "it's bullshit" that blacks are sentenced to LIPWP more often than whites even though it has been shown to you.

As for fatherless youths and those without father figures ending up in trouble...it's silly to argue otherwise but there you are...doing just that.

I could should you more stats:

jurystudy_small.jpg

I'm sure the above is a coincidence....

Yes, that is because the percentage of blacks living in poverty is more than that of whites, or any other ethnicity. Because of this, they are more apt to be committing crimes. As far as the justice system goes though, there is no conspiracy! There are black judges, black defense lawyers, black prosecutors, black policemen (who may even be the MAJORITY in some of these more poor neighborhoods). Your stats do not prove causation. It's much more complicated than "racism." :rolleyes-41: That is why the black on black crime rates in such neighborhoods, along with gang criminal activity, is pretty prevalent. Even other black people who are honest and live in such neighborhoods are afraid to step up.

Let me ask you another question...do you believe that Blacks are genetically pre-disposed to criminal behavior, that they want to live in poverty, making 10-15 thousand a year off of government hand-outs?

ChrisL Well?

Do I believe they are genetically predisposed? No. I believe they are socially conditioned in some instances.

Would you agree that if our society removed someone's father out of their lives for, oh lets just say 10 years during their growing up (ages 8-18 for example), that child is at a disadvantage compared to those children whose father is able to be there?

I'm going to say that any child whose male progenitor commits acts likely to get him sent to prison for 10 years is at a disadvantage whether the bastard gets caught or not

I saw on the news that there was a rally somewhere in Massachusetts as well (my state) to support the police, but I can't seem to find it. I'll have to check again later I guess.
Let me ask you another question...do you believe that Blacks are genetically pre-disposed to criminal behavior, that they want to live in poverty, making 10-15 thousand a year off of government hand-outs?

ChrisL Well?

Do I believe they are genetically predisposed? No. I believe they are socially conditioned in some instances.

Would you agree that if our society removed someone's father out of their lives for, oh lets just say 10 years during their growing up (ages 8-18 for example), that child is at a disadvantage compared to those children whose father is able to be there?

Sure,

Okay...so would it not make sense that if in the 2000's, society jailed one race far more often and longer than the other races that going forward that race that was most incarcerated would likely wind up duplicating that behavior?

Personally, if it were MY race in that position, I'd make a point of NOT imitating that behavior. I'm smart enough to learn the right lesson from bad examples. So why are so many black people - and now Hispanics, apparently - having trouble with this? Could it be because some third party (raise your hands, liberals) is bombarding them with an incorrect and harmful interpretation of the situation?

I thought this was a really nice gesture. This is from a recent march held in Cleveland, Ohio to support the fallen officers as well as local police.

RanRJQ7.jpg

I thought this was a really nice gesture. This is from a recent march held in Cleveland, Ohio to support the fallen officers as well as local police.

RanRJQ7.jpg

These relatively massive demonstrations are insinuative elements of potentially massive and widespread racial violence (riots?) in America.

RanRJQ7.jpg

RanRJQ7.jpg

These relatively massive demonstrations are insinuative elements of potentially massive and widespread racial violence (riots?) in America.

No, this was a peaceful march. There was no rioting, looting or violence as far as I'm aware. Thankfully SOME people can behave in a civilized manner. There were probably a lot of police or ex police marching too. :)

The police are merely enforcers of the law. The politicians make the laws. The police are given the power to enforce the laws the politicians make. If you don't want SWAT teams making no-knock entries, elect politicians who will change those laws.
There was a time when it was common for the British Regulars who patrolled the streets and territories of Colonial America to forcibly enter the homes of citizens and destructively search for things which the subjects of the searches were only vaguely suspected of illegally possessing, such as weapons and/or contraband items. This practice was one of the most compelling provocations for the American Revolution and it led to the imposition of laws which constrained police from conducting such forced entries except under the most extreme and expedient circumstances.

It was not so long ago that a no-knock break-in warrant would be issued only when the subject represented an extreme threat to public safety or national security and it was unavoidably necessary to violate the sanctity of the home to eliminate the threat. This level of constraint fostered and preserved an atmosphere of freedom from oppressive conduct by officials who chose to abuse their authority.

Until very recently this respect for sanctity of the home limited the number of no-knock break-in warrants to less than a dozen a year, nationwide. Today these no-knock SWAT raids take place routinely on a daily basis all over America. The reasons for the raids are often as petty as a neighbor's complaint that she smelled marijuana smoke coming from an adjoining apartment. Unfounded hearsay!

An increasing number of these 3AM, no-knock, break-ins are mistakes in which perfectly innocent victims of an erroneous raid are brutalized -- and a few have been killed!

Cato Map on SWAT Raids
Botched Paramilitary Police Raids Cato Institute

Funny how right-wingers never blame people who act like vigilantes with their guns and always blame peaceful people who don't have any for not having any, or peaceful protesters, or the Mayor of NY.

Badge or no badge, the bad guys are the ones who act like they're above the law, not protesters and mayors.

Pretty ironic then that right-wingers, who hate unions and whose party supported cuts to 9/11 first responders a couple years back, are now spreading the blue candle meme for what they call "fallen heroes".

Yeah, whatever cons. You call them "fallen heroes" but you want to treat and pay them like chumps.

Funny how right-wingers never blame people who act like vigilantes with their guns and always blame peaceful people who don't have any for not having any, or peaceful protesters, or the Mayor of NY.

Badge or no badge, the bad guys are the ones who act like they're above the law, not protesters and mayors.

Pretty ironic then that right-wingers, who hate unions and whose party supported cuts to 9/11 first responders a couple years back, are now spreading the blue candle meme for what they call "fallen heroes".

Yeah, whatever cons. You call them "fallen heroes" but you want to treat and pay them like chumps.

What's funny is how you're making broad, sweeping statements about what conservatives "always" and "never" do. Prove it, Sparky. And for the record, "Look at all these times the right-wing didn't agree with us!" is not proof.

Absolutely!!!!! Defenders of black civil rights should just sit down and shut the hell up - and allow white rightwingers to determine black civil rights.

What's funny is how you're making broad, sweeping statements about what conservatives "always" and "never" do. Prove it, Sparky. And for the record, "Look at all these times the right-wing didn't agree with us!" is not proof
So tell us why conservatives opposed anti-trust legislation, child labor laws, universal free education, and the right for women to vote?

The police are merely enforcers of the law. The politicians make the laws. The police are given the power to enforce the laws the politicians make. If you don't want SWAT teams making no-knock entries, elect politicians who will change those laws.
There was a time when it was common for the British Regulars who patrolled the streets and territories of Colonial America to forcibly enter the homes of citizens and destructively search for things which the subjects of the searches were only vaguely suspected of illegally possessing, such as weapons and/or contraband items. This practice was one of the most compelling provocations for the American Revolution and it led to the imposition of laws which constrained police from conducting such forced entries except under the most extreme and expedient circumstances.

It was not so long ago that a no-knock break-in warrant would be issued only when the subject represented an extreme threat to public safety or national security and it was unavoidably necessary to violate the sanctity of the home to eliminate the threat. This level of constraint fostered and preserved an atmosphere of freedom from oppressive conduct by officials who chose to abuse their authority.

Until very recently this respect for sanctity of the home limited the number of no-knock break-in warrants to less than a dozen a year, nationwide. Today these no-knock SWAT raids take place routinely on a daily basis all over America. The reasons for the raids are often as petty as a neighbor's complaint that she smelled marijuana smoke coming from an adjoining apartment. Unfounded hearsay!

An increasing number of these 3AM, no-knock, break-ins are mistakes in which perfectly innocent victims of an erroneous raid are brutalized -- and a few have been killed!

Cato Map on SWAT Raids
Botched Paramilitary Police Raids Cato Institute

Absolutely!!!!! Defenders of black civil rights should just sit down and shut the hell up - and allow white rightwingers to determine black civil rights.
Why would they want to follow house *******? Because any black person voting and supporting democrat is a uncle tom who sold out his race to the slave masters

New Topics

Forum List

Back