Should Prostitution Be Legal In America?

Children eventually learn about sex

afraid_frightened_scared_smiley_emoticon1.gif

They use "The Google"

If you can give it for free, why can't you sell it?

The only problem that I can think of is children growing up knowing that it is legal...how would that (children knowing) be dealt with?

First, if its between consenting adults, of course it should be legal and safe.

Second, its up to parents to keep their kids from what they don't want them to know. Keep them home, home school them, no TV, no computers, socially crippled and poorly prepared for the real world.

Kids are more likely to see a streetwalker if it is illegal. Legal prostitutes are behind closed doors

Prostitution is legal in Nevada, at least in parts of it. Notably the part where Harry Reid nests.

Consider how well that has worked out and think hard.

Having lived in Nevada for 10 years, and knowing that not a single case of AIDS has ever been traced to a legal brothel, nor have pimps abused legal prostitutes, nor are any legal prostitutes allowed to work without drug tests, I would say that it has worked pretty well, thank you.

NO, because I give a shit about women and society in general. Incredibly stupid idea.

Could you elaborate? I'm not understanding?

You never do, never have, and never will have prostitution without concordant rape, addiction, abuse, and trafficking in women and girls. You know you have been playing 'libertarian' too long when you find yourself blind to any and all consequences.

Does legalized prostitution increase human trafficking Journalist s Resource Research for Reporting from Harvard Shorenstein Center

"A 2012 study published in World Development, “Does Legalized Prostitution Increase Human Trafficking?” investigates the effect of legalized prostitution on human trafficking inflows into high-income countries. The researchers — Seo-Yeong Cho of the German Institute for Economic Research, Axel Dreher of the University of Heidelberg and Eric Neumayer of the London School of Economics and Political Science — analyzed cross-sectional data of 116 countries to determine the effect of legalized prostitution on human trafficking inflows. In addition, they reviewed case studies of Denmark, Germany and Switzerland to examine the longitudinal effects of legalizing or criminalizing prostitution.

The study’s findings include:

• Countries with legalized prostitution are associated with higher human trafficking inflows than countries where prostitution is prohibited. The scale effect of legalizing prostitution, i.e. expansion of the market, outweighs the substitution effect, where legal sex workers are favored over illegal workers. On average, countries with legalized prostitution report a greater incidence of human trafficking inflows.
  • The effect of legal prostitution on human trafficking inflows is stronger in high-income countries than middle-income countries. Because trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation requires that clients in a potential destination country have sufficient purchasing power, domestic supply acts as a constraint.
  • Criminalization of prostitution in Sweden resulted in the shrinking of the prostitution market and the decline of human trafficking inflows. Cross-country comparisons of Sweden with Denmark (where prostitution is decriminalized) and Germany (expanded legalization of prostitution) are consistent with the quantitative analysis, showing that trafficking inflows decreased with criminalization and increased with legalization.
  • The type of legalization of prostitution does not matter — it only matters whether prostitution is legal or not. Whether third-party involvement (persons who facilitate the prostitution businesses, i.e, “pimps”) is allowed or not does not have an effect on human trafficking inflows into a country. Legalization of prostitution itself is more important in explaining human trafficking than the type of legalization."
- See more at: Does legalized prostitution increase human trafficking Journalist s Resource Research for Reporting from Harvard Shorenstein Center

We claim to believe in property rights in this nation, but if we do not own our own bodies, the concept of ownership is a farce.

If you own your body, you can rent it or sell it as you please.

OK.

I would like to purchase 10,000 kidneys.

Please direct me to the cheapest source. Preferably they should be poor and desperate, but healthy.

I want to pay lowest price.

We claim to believe in property rights in this nation, but if we do not own our own bodies, the concept of ownership is a farce.

OK.

Please direct me to the cheapest source. Preferably they should be poor and desperate, but healthy.

In case you didn't believe Obama has caused beef to become too expensive ^^^^.

OK.

In case you didn't believe Obama has caused beef to become too expensive ^^^^.

Sorry, they need to be HUMAN Kidneys.

Prostitution is legal in Nevada, at least in parts of it. Notably the part where Harry Reid nests.

Consider how well that has worked out and think hard.

Having lived in Nevada for 10 years, and knowing that not a single case of AIDS has ever been traced to a legal brothel, nor have pimps abused legal prostitutes, nor are any legal prostitutes allowed to work without drug tests, I would say that it has worked pretty well, thank you.

WOOOSSSSSSSSSSH!

T'was not about aids...t'was about Harry Reid, the great moralist who wants to control every aspect of your life but has failed miserably in Nevada.

WOOOSSSSSSSSSSH!

T'was not about aids...t'was about Harry Reid, the great moralist who wants to control every aspect of your life but has failed miserably in Nevada.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused, Henry. Is Harry Reid evil because, as a Mormon, he wants to end prostitution in Nevada, or is he evil because the Nevada legislature stopped him from doing that, or is he evil for not proclaiming Nevada a dictatorship and overriding the legislature, or is he evil for wanting to control the lives of Nevadans by outlawing prostitution, or is he evil because he is a senator from a state that has had legalized prostitution for decades before he was born, or is he evil because he did not vote for Palin?

Overheard this morning while grabbing a quick McMuffin before work

Two women reading the paper and chatting

"Damn, I'd sleep with an old dude to get my hands on an I phone 6 today"

See, who says prostitutions illegal.
Sllllllllllllllut!!!!

She must have low standards. IPhone is a POS.
Now if she wanted a Samsung I'd expect her friend to join in.

WOOOSSSSSSSSSSH!

T'was not about aids...t'was about Harry Reid, the great moralist who wants to control every aspect of your life but has failed miserably in Nevada.

I'm confused, Henry. Is Harry Reid evil because, as a Mormon, he wants to end prostitution in Nevada, or is he evil because the Nevada legislature stopped him from doing that, or is he evil for not proclaiming Nevada a dictatorship and overriding the legislature, or is he evil for wanting to control the lives of Nevadans by outlawing prostitution, or is he evil because he is a senator from a state that has had legalized prostitution for decades before he was born, or is he evil because he did not vote for Palin?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, like that really happened.

"Oh, oh....I can't control my own disgusting state!!!!!!"

I have no problem with it being legal as long as the woman is not forced into it or controlled by drugs or fear of harm.

WOOOSSSSSSSSSSH!

I'm confused, Henry. Is Harry Reid evil because, as a Mormon, he wants to end prostitution in Nevada, or is he evil because the Nevada legislature stopped him from doing that, or is he evil for not proclaiming Nevada a dictatorship and overriding the legislature, or is he evil for wanting to control the lives of Nevadans by outlawing prostitution, or is he evil because he is a senator from a state that has had legalized prostitution for decades before he was born, or is he evil because he did not vote for Palin?
Yeah, like that really happened.

"Oh, oh....I can't control my own disgusting state!!!!!!"[/QUOTE]

The voice are back in your head, huh?

Forum List

Back