should prositution be legalized?

Did Jesus cast out the tainted lady?

Is the Christian right's opposition to prostitution based on biblical teachings or based on a religious stance outside of the bibles teachings?

Religious right?

Did you know that the non religious left, the religious left, and even the non religious right all agree that prostitution is a bad thing? The left usually spouts about the exploitation of women and uses that as their reason for opposing it, but the opposition is pretty much universal across the political spectrum. Then some idiot comes along and attempts to take the moral high ground by blaming everything on someone else.

The moral high ground is not pointing fingers, it is finding solutions. If you really want to show up the religious right you should try setting an example, not blaming them.

I try and lay blame where it is deserved.
Just becuase I did not mention the religious left, etc does not mean much.
Although the religious left would be less likely to have a hardcore stance against prostitution.

To play devil's advocate, a possible downside could be an increase in human trafficking. The Netherlands is the number one destination for human trafficking I think; mainly it's women from China and Hungary being forced into the sex industry.

A change, if any, in human trafficking because of legalized prostitution would depend in large part on how the industry is regulated and monitored by the state (that job would probably be under the scope of the Federal government, since human trafficking comes from outside our national borders).
While I was aware of the prostitution zone in Amsterdam (which I have patronized on my two visits to that wonderful little city) I was not aware of the human trafficking problem there. I've just researched it via Google and it seems you are quite right, so thank you for educating me. It is an interesting bit of information and I can only presume that the reason this trafficking is able to function is a lack of attention on the government's part.

The brothels I visited in Amsterdam were very clean, apparently well-managed places and the ladies I consorted with were Dutch, very attractive, and all seemed quite content with their occupation. I should add that my experience involved high-end houses (at ver Brugge Huizen) so I can't speak for the store-front and streetwalker levels of the trade, but my overall impression of every area of Amsterdam I moved about in is that it seemed very well policed.

Definately. Right to consensual sex between two adults should not be arbitrarily restricted. Especially the fucking absurd policy of punishing prostitutes as well should be stopped everywhere and I for one can't say I enjoy the idea of the mutaween patrolling the streets, enforcing the community standards and my moral values.

Well. Duh Gubmint figures one can give a hummer at will, as long as it is free.
You cannot sell what is yours in the land of the "free".
Close thread.
Raise flag.

and if so, in what form?

Personally, I think it should be legalized but only allowed in businesses that offer of it. Meaning, no hookers walking the street searching for clients, but instead have private businesses that offer the service of girls/guys in a controlled manner.

Not only does the government not have any right to tell people of age what to do with their bodies or whom to partner with, which is the biggest argument point, a safe dealing place would eliminate many of the problems with prostitutes now including STDs and other illnesses that come b/c people don't know if the girl is diseased or not or because people have sex in sleazy motels and other types of places.

It would also put a great dent in current prostitution tactics such as having girls roam poor neighborhoods b/c smart people aren't going to get with a random girl off the street when they can instead have one in a controlled environment and know that the girl is clean.

Of course if this type of business did become legal, there should be strong regulations on them such as getting girls tested, forcing use of condoms, cleaning, sheets, beds, and other furnitures, etc
I agree completely with all you've said here and I believe that if prostitution were legal there would be no need for streetwalking as it presently occurs in our sexually uptight culture.

I often watch a tv documentary called, COPS, which affords a unique insight into the nature of the increasingly authoritarian nature of American society. While there occasionally are examples of admirable and efficient police work, for the most part the COPS episodes show arrests for petty offenses, typically possession of drugs, DUI and disorderly conduct. But a recent episode covered an outrageous and infuriating example of misuse of police power, that of an elaborate street-level vice operation which is best described as brazen entrapment.

This operation involved six police officers, including an attractive female who was dressed in a mini-skirt and tight halter. This babe's job was to stroll back and forth on a street in a neighborhood known for "curb service." When a man pulled up in a car or approached her on foot she would engage him in a friendly and inviting manner, eventually leading him to offer her money for sex. At that point four male cops would descend, handcuff the john and read him his rights.

Now if anything one might see on television which could cause one to hate cops, this is it. In fact I'm surprised the agency engaged in such operations allow them to be filmed. And while there are loopholes that sanction the practice, in spirit they are clear-cut examples of malicious entrapment.

First, the decoy was not only exceptionally attractive, she did nothing to discourage the men she enticed from eventually offering her money. In fact her behavior and conversation clearly encouraged it.

The first of her dupes was a small, skinny, timid and rather homely fellow who clearly wouldn't stand a chance of getting laid without paying for it. To arrest this poor wretch for trying to do just that is nothing short of a goddam shame, yet the behavior of this squad of vice cops at the end of their shift was similar to that of a winning sports team, complete with high fives.

Of course the rationale for such underhanded and truly disgraceful "police work" is it's necessary to "clean up the neighborhood." But the truth is there would be nothing to clean up if prostitution were legal, controlled, monitored and taxed.

hello person that never met a fallacy they didn't like.....

as long it doesn't violate the rights of others what power does the government have to stop it?

why do you need controls or laws in this situation? if its legal the boss would be forced to pay employees fair wages and if he didn't offer that other companies would get the higher quality workers. its basic business 101 here. Also why can't people make money of things that are immoral?

fallacy

I said of age in my post, and having kids work at these places would break all sorts of existing laws

its generally called the sin tax and I would guess it would be applied here

what does god have to do with any of this? and there already is rampant prostiution, this would just fix some of the problems with it

every nation on earth has prostitution already, its not going to change anything

nah, you just believe in freedom of people to do as they please as long as it doesn't violate others rights. the government has no power to regulate morality

Oh, that's right, What does God have to do with any of this????? How silly of me.

LOL the whole post and that is what you pulled out. shall we just call you defeated now?

also we aren't a theocracy so our laws our not based on any religion's version of gods law

I may be defeated regarding the post, I see no use in wasting energy on responding to immoral losers. No need casting pearls to swine.

Sure, we should allow every pleasure man can think of to be legal. Gosh, ain't that the right thing to do???

as long it doesn't violate the rights of others what power does the government have to stop it?

why do you need controls or laws in this situation? if its legal the boss would be forced to pay employees fair wages and if he didn't offer that other companies would get the higher quality workers. its basic business 101 here. Also why can't people make money of things that are immoral?

fallacy

I said of age in my post, and having kids work at these places would break all sorts of existing laws

what does god have to do with any of this? and there already is rampant prostiution, this would just fix some of the problems with it

every nation on earth has prostitution already, its not going to change anything

If you agree with this, you are a fool.

nah, you just believe in freedom of people to do as they please as long as it doesn't violate others rights. the government has no power to regulate morality

It's pretty fucking telling that instead of debating what you actually proposed he makes up stories about cocaine, heroin and child prostitution.

Hey dodo bird!!! Where are the stories I told? You need to learn to read. You want an immoral and corrupt America, I think with Obama you will certainly get your wish. Have at it. I will still give my heart to walking on the higher path. May God help you.

US Citizen: Did Jesus cast out the tainted lady?

Is the Christian right's opposition to prostitution based on biblical teachings or based on a religious stance outside of the bibles teachings?

Did you know that Jesus forgave the prostitute, and then said, "Go and sin no more." That says that prostitution is sin. It says that it can be forgiven. It says that it needs to stop happening. Even the society at the time said it was sin.

[...] You want an immoral and corrupt America, I think with Obama you will certainly get your wish.
Are you suggesting that America is not immoral and corrupt? :tongue:

And do you think the laws against prostitution are actually preventing it from taking place, or "cleansing" the minds of those who wish to engage in it? Some people enjoy casual sex and don't mind paying for it, and there are others who think it's an easy and acceptable way to make money, and laws are not going to stop both categories from getting together. It is the existing laws against it that promote and facilitate everything that is ugly, dangerous and unsafe about it.

Have at it. I will still give my heart to walking on the higher path. May God help you.[/QUOTE]

fallacy

It's pretty fucking telling that instead of debating what you actually proposed he makes up stories about cocaine, heroin and child prostitution.

Hey dodo bird!!! Where are the stories I told? You need to learn to read. You want an immoral and corrupt America, I think with Obama you will certainly get your wish. Have at it. I will still give my heart to walking on the higher path. May God help you.
One of the great things about America is, when prostitution gets legalized, you can still follow your path of God and walk right past those brothels! It's amazing: you get to hold onto your morality and self-righteousness, and other people get to hold onto some hooker boobs. Win-win!

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

One of the great things about America is, when prostitution gets legalized, you can still follow your path of God and walk right past those brothels! It's amazing: you get to hold onto your morality and self-righteousness, and other people get to hold onto some hooker boobs. Win-win!

That is true. So, I suppose we stioll need to, as Christians and people of higher moral standards, vote to prevent lowering the standard.

Yes, we can walk past the immorality, but it would be better if we did not have to walk by them.

That is true. So, I suppose we stioll need to, as Christians and people of higher moral standards, vote to prevent lowering the standard.

Yes, we can walk past the immorality, but it would be better if we did not have to walk by them.

If you want to vote for morality how about voting not to arrest people for having sex if there's money involved.

If you want to vote for morality how about voting not to arrest people for having sex if there's money involved.

This article hits the nail right on the head in my estimation. What do you think?

As we look around the world at the countries that practice Islam as a state religion, it is almost incomprehensible that the left should defend Islam so fervently. We don't have to look to the radicals in the Taliban or Hamas to see issues that most Americans would question. Sharia Law is practiced by most Islamic centric countries, and it is in almost direct opposition to the principles on which America was established and in direct contrast to the agenda of the left in America. What is important to realize is that Sharia Law isn't an outlier, practiced by radicals like al-Qaeda, but actually the mainstream core of jurisprudence in the Islamic world.
This article hits the nail right on the head in my estimation. What do you think?

As we look around the world at the countries that practice Islam as a state religion, it is almost incomprehensible that the left should defend Islam so fervently. We don't have to look to the radicals in the Taliban or Hamas to see issues that most Americans would question. Sharia Law is practiced by most Islamic centric countries, and it is in almost direct opposition to the principles on which America was established and in direct contrast to the agenda of the left in America. What is important to realize is that Sharia Law isn't an outlier, practiced by radicals like al-Qaeda, but actually the mainstream core of jurisprudence in the Islamic world.

Rest of the OP here: American Thinker: The Left's Unlikely Alliance with Islam

How is this thread any different than one calling conservatives allies of the enemy?

Rest of the OP here: American Thinker: The Left's Unlikely Alliance with Islam

How is this thread any different than one calling conservatives allies of the enemy?

should prositution be legalized?

Yes and taxed as well.

But then too, those who pimp out children for sexual puposes ought to be beheaded.

Quite right.

And if prostitution were legal the odds of those who profit from pedophilic enterprise being ratted on and busted would increase dramatically. Because whores know best who is doing that and the only reason they don't rat on them today is because our stupid piety has made them into outlaws.

Legalize them, impart some sense of decency to their chosen profession and they will respond. Whores are not bad people. They're just whores and some of them are more moral than are a lot of the pious who condemn them.

Forum List

Back