Should Prince Harry go to war?

roomy

The Natural
Apr 22, 2006
http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=4789863

Question mark over Harry Iraq role

Speculation is mounting about whether Prince Harry will see active service in Iraq.

The Army is assessing whether to send Harry to the Gulf after one of the bloodiest months for British troops in the stricken country.

Reports in some of Friday's newspapers suggest he may be kept away from the frontline while others say the Prince will still fight with his comrades as planned.

The Daily Express reports that a £250,000 reward has been offered by al Qaida for information which helps terrorists find the Prince.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said he knew nothing about the alleged bounty.

Household Cavalry sources have warned that the Blues and Royals officer will sign off and leave the force if his frontline tour of duty is blocked.

But friends of the third in line to the throne told the BBC he would be "very disappointed" if he did not go but would stick with the Army.

He has told friends "I'm not afraid to die", according to Daily Mail.

The newspaper says the Prince has told friends the tragic death of his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, means he is not afraid of his own death but he is frightened that soldiers fighting alongside him could be targeted.

He is reported to have said he would find it hard to bear if another soldier was injured or killed because of their link with him.

It is my opinion that he should go and face the same dangers as the rest of our military over there.Credit to the lad, he has said he wants to go.If they decide not to send him I say all royals should be banned from entering any armed forces in the future, it is not a fucking game.

I wouldn't let him go. I have no time for the royal family nor their hangers on but I wouldn't want to see Harry (even though I don't much like his personal persona) killed, just like I don't want to see any squaddie killed. The point is that Harry, his mates and the SAS troopers assigned as CPP for him would be prize targets. Harry can spit the dummy if he likes but any government, any military, that tried to treat him like an ordinary soldier and put him in harm's way would be castigated beyond belief.

The French sniper who shot Lord Nelson didn't have an AK-47, if he did he would have raked the brave little Admiral and taken out everyone else around him on the deck.

If he is is active duty, then he should go. But, if i were him. Gonna be prince, id say, golly ho, good day govnr, they might be after my whitey bum, i wont be going there nun.

If he doesn't go and face the same dangers he may as well have joined the boy scouts.The enemy could target anyone, anywhere, his tank doesn't wear a fucking crown for fucks sake.

If he is is active duty, then he should go. But, if i were him. Gonna be prince, id say, golly ho, good day govnr, they might be after my whitey bum, i wont be going there nun.

He is a Prince, he is third in line to the throne, he is on active duty, he is supposed to do his tour there, what a shame it is that a bothersome war has got in the way of another royal playing at soldier.

If he doesn't go and face the same dangers he may as well have joined the boy scouts.The enemy could target anyone, anywhere, his tank doesn't wear a fucking crown for fucks sake.

No but I'm going to find out which one it is and tell on him (assuming "I" am either a treacherous mongrel or a two-faced Iraqi who wants to make a big quid from AQ) ;)

roomy, there's a reason the King doesn't hop on his horse and lead the charge into battle now (hint - they lost too many of them over the years, replacing them was a hell of a job, then even ended up drafting the kids).

I mean don't get me wrong, I know they're not cowards, his Uncle Andrew is one very brave man. I wonder why him and his bro didn't join the Andrew (the RN I mean). I heard it said once that the Royal Navy provides employment for the male members of the royal family and husbands for the female members - I suppose that old stereotype is gone now.

No but I'm going to find out which one it is and tell on him (assuming "I" am either a treacherous mongrel or a two-faced Iraqi who wants to make a big quid from AQ) ;)

roomy, there's a reason the King doesn't hop on his horse and lead the charge into battle now (hint - they lost too many of them over the years, replacing them was a hell of a job, then even ended up drafting the kids).

I mean don't get me wrong, I know they're not cowards, his Uncle Andrew is one very brave man. I wonder why him and his bro didn't join the Andrew (the RN I mean). I heard it said once that the Royal Navy provides employment for the male members of the royal family and husbands for the female members - I suppose that old stereotype is gone now.

He is not the King, and there is a long line to the throne and a long wait, ask Charles, he might die of old age before his mother:rofl:

Of course he should go to iraq. I was just kidding. My only point was, if i were him, i would never have signed up. If you were a prince, and going to inherit a ton of money, and get any royal wench you wanted, why would you risk your life?.

am i wrong? :)

Whilst I agree about Andy I have to say, you do know it came as a huge shock to Thatcher and her lackies when the Argentinians decided to fight.

No I didn't know anything about that roomy, I thought Thatcher was just looking for a khaki election.

The British Armada was supposed to scare the shit out of them, they were suppose to turn tail and skedaddle back home without a shot being fired, as it happens it was a token war but people still died.

The British Armada was supposed to scare the shit out of them, they were suppose to turn tail and skedaddle back home without a shot being fired, as it happens it was a token war but people still died.

Yes, friend of mine served in the RAF there - after the Islands were re-taken though, I'm pretty sure he wasn't in combat. It was a vicious little war. I remember the surreal vision of Pumas going in across the harbour at Stanley I think it was. And of course the Belgrano going down wasn't a video game.

I was in the UK in September 1982 and they still had the bunting up. Judging by all the jingoism I thought Churchill had returned to life.

Yes, friend of mine served in the RAF there - after the Islands were re-taken though, I'm pretty sure he wasn't in combat. It was a vicious little war. I remember the surreal vision of Pumas going in across the harbour at Stanley I think it was. And of course the Belgrano going down wasn't a video game.

I was in the UK in September 1982 and they still had the bunting up. Judging by all the jingoism I thought Churchill had returned to life.

It all worked a treat for Thatcher, she has blood on her hands, she has ruined a lot of lives, I won't mourn her loss.Not about the war either, miners and others.

It all worked a treat for Thatcher, she has blood on her hands, she has ruined a lot of lives, I won't mourn her loss.Not about the war either, miners and others.

I could express how I feel about her but I have reformed myself. Suffice to say that I think history won't be kind to her. I still can't stomach her statement about there being no society, only individuals and families. A vicious woman.

He has to go, as any young man with his sense of duty and responsibility would do so.

I hate the war in Iraq with a passion and condemn the senseless sacrifice of so many and so much in the hands of incompetent leaders and generals, but I WOULD GO tomorrow if I was needed to be a "Dirt" sailor for a time. No man can leave his mates behind or let them go and stay behind for no good reason.

Nevertheless, his death at the hands of Saudi or Iranian linked insurgents would be a defining moment for modern Britain and I would not be surprised at all if major SAS payback was forthcoming in that case.

The reason hes not going makes perfect sense.

He would make the guys standing next to him targets as well as himself.

It perfectly legit in my mind.

The poor kid really wanted to go ,I think he loves being just one in the crowd for just once in his life.

It will probably be the only taste ofr it he will ever have.

Fame is a fricking curse and I for one would Hate it.

He has to go, as any young man with his sense of duty and responsibility would do so.

I hate the war in Iraq with a passion and condemn the senseless sacrifice of so many and so much in the hands of incompetent leaders and generals, but I WOULD GO tomorrow if I was needed to be a "Dirt" sailor for a time. No man can leave his mates behind or let them go and stay behind for no good reason.

Nevertheless, his death at the hands of Saudi or Iranian linked insurgents would be a defining moment for modern Britain and I would not be surprised at all if major SAS payback was forthcoming in that case.

He isn't going. The reason given is that it puts both himself and everyone around him at an unneccesarily high risk. There is some common sense validity to that, IMO.

Forum List

Back