Should President Trump be allowed a 3rd term?

well, mattox is a constitutional scholar and works for the wall street journal.
Well, Mattox is apparently an idiot.

How do you feel about FDR being allowed 4 terms?
Irrelevant since the constitutional amendment did not apply to him.

Yet he was very popular and even if there had been a law against him doing that at the time ....it would have been changed.

Yet he was very popular and even if there had been a law against him doing that at the time ....it would have been changed.
It's not a law, it's the constitution. You don't just "change" it on a whim.

It takes a massive majority in DC and 2/3rds of the states to ratify it.

Thread is stupid

You seem to be one of those that believe the Constitution was dropped down from heaven inscribed on a golden plate by the lord himself....

The constitution has been amended many times and it will definitely be amended many more times.
I don't believe in god so no, I don't believe that.

I do know the requirements for amending the constitution. Apparently you don't. And if you do and you still believe it could be easily changed you're one stupid motherfucker

The Republican Party could not withstand a third term.

Hell, there's some considerable reason to believe that they could not withstand a second.

Every ten minutes, Republicans have to rally to Trump's defense over his latest gaffe or faux pas or scandalous behavior.

You'd think they'd get tired of it after a few years and be ready to back somebody who actually thinks before he talks and acts and tweets.

Republicans really do need a breather... some competent, likable front-man (or -woman) that's a bit more Low Maintenance than this one.

This is what I've always wondered about Republicans support of Trump. If they are weary of dealing with his baggage, why wouldn't they just cut their losses and toss him under the bus? And then back a reasonable candidate. Then you take a look at Trump's popularity among registered Republicans (something like 92%) and you start to see why they have to go all in on Trump. To go against him is political suicide. All of the reasonable voices in the Republican Party have gone silent out of fear..or retired because they know the battle is lost.

There are no reasonable democratic candidates to back, nor is anyone going to beat Trump in the primaries. It might be political suicide to go against Trump on the GOP side, but the Dems have no one on their side that is even worth considering. No one, not even Hillary if she should decide to get in.

Exactly.

Well....in extra-ordinary times we need extraordinary leaders like Trump or FDR during WW2 who was allowed 4 terms

The ill-considered impeachment efforts against President Donald Trump have seriously interfered with his first term as president. Thus, argues constitutional scholar William Mattox in The Wall Street Journal, if acquitted, Trump should be eligible for a third term, notwithstanding the two-term limit in the 22nd Amendment.

Mattox deploys a sports analogy: “In the National Football League, teams can challenge a call on the field — but there’s a risk. If instant replay doesn’t merit overturning the call, the challenging team loses one of its three timeouts. That discourages frivolous challenges and keeps the game flowing, while also providing a way to reverse egregious errors.”

Hence, a third term for the president: “That would allow him to make up for the time lost advancing the agenda that voters elected him to enact. It would preserve impeachment for genuine offenses but discourage its use for disputed ones and for mere politics. Absent such an amendment, and in an era when government is divided more often than not, impeachment seems likely to become an increasingly common means of opposition.”

560236c9-7d50-49d7-8cc0-5e88c7a4e8e8-AFP_AFP_1JO1R0.JPG
Trying to be more like Russia in numbeer of years served? Vlad got 12 years. Wikipedia
The president is elected directly through a popular vote to a six-year term. The law prohibits anyone from ever being elected to the presidency for a third consecutive term. In all, three individuals have served four presidencies spanning six full terms. In May 2012, Vladimir Putin became the fourth president; he was re-elected in March 2018 and inaugurated in May to a six-year term.

Libtards are hung up on Russia......why?

America is a nation of laws and laws can be changed and have been many times. We are a republilc if the people demand a third term for Trump he will get it.
22nd amendment passed both houses of congress in 1947, and was not ratified by the states until 1951. In our country, the current House of Representatives will never go for it at least for next 2 years. Then it would probably take 4 years or more to convince 38 states to ratify. Good luck.

There is more than one way to skin a cat boyo. Though I know how it can be done I will never tell. hehheh The more astute will know whereof I speak chump.
Well, good luck with that too, chump.

Thread is stupid

You seem to be one of those that believe the Constitution was dropped down from heaven inscribed on a golden plate by the lord himself....

The constitution has been amended many times and it will definitely be amended many more times.

I do know the requirements for amending the constitution. Apparently you don't. And if you do and you still believe it could be easily changed you're one stupid motherfucker

The fool has said in his heart there is no God.

Most liberals bow down to Satan....aka subscribe to satannic beliefs like killing innocent babies because someone forgot to take thieir birth control pill.....barbarlic and satannic.

Get thee away from me Satan.

Stay forever Mr President....please stay.....nobody is going to be as good as you!

Bless you forever Mr President!

Thread is stupid

Keep your bullshit in the pews fool

Well....in extra-ordinary times we need extraordinary leaders like Trump or FDR during WW2 who was allowed 4 terms

The ill-considered impeachment efforts against President Donald Trump have seriously interfered with his first term as president. Thus, argues constitutional scholar William Mattox in The Wall Street Journal, if acquitted, Trump should be eligible for a third term, notwithstanding the two-term limit in the 22nd Amendment.

Mattox deploys a sports analogy: “In the National Football League, teams can challenge a call on the field — but there’s a risk. If instant replay doesn’t merit overturning the call, the challenging team loses one of its three timeouts. That discourages frivolous challenges and keeps the game flowing, while also providing a way to reverse egregious errors.”

Hence, a third term for the president: “That would allow him to make up for the time lost advancing the agenda that voters elected him to enact. It would preserve impeachment for genuine offenses but discourage its use for disputed ones and for mere politics. Absent such an amendment, and in an era when government is divided more often than not, impeachment seems likely to become an increasingly common means of opposition.”

No fuckin way.

hehheh.....anyhow you have no credibility....you thought hillary would win. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

No fuckin way.

hehheh.....anyhow you have no credibility....you thought hillary would win. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Where do you get your information, CNN?

I'm pretty well known for my yearning to catch hillary on fire.

The President should be allowed a 3rd a 4rd a 5th a 6th and a forever term!

((((( GOD BLESS President Trump! )))))

It's him forever.....................forever! Bless

Thread is stupid

Blasphemers will be struck down.

Chronicles-2 21:14

Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods:

Thread is stupid

Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods:
Yes, your God apparently loves to kill children and smite them with debilitating illnesses from birth. He has "a plan" for them after all....

Get outta here with that nonsense

Thread is stupid

Most liberals bow down to Satan....aka subscribe to satannic beliefs like killing innocent babies because someone forgot to take thieir birth control pill.....barbarlic and satannic.

Get thee away from me Satan.

He's saying it with his head.

If you believe god is omnipresent and omnipotent, god kills more babies than anyone...

Miscarriage

By the way, when your God inspired the bible he left out the first few BILLION YEARS and forgot to mention the creatures he "created" that ruled the Earth for those BILLIONS OF YEARS.

WE WANT TRUMP FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2up::2up::2up::2up::2up:

NEVER GO AWAY MR PRESIDENT.....................you are the best! Bless you Mr President!

dear Donald,

You are amazing. Others may tell you otherwise, but trust me, they’re just projecting their own insecurities.

Thread is stupid

Blasphemers will be struck down.

When? I've goddamn blasphemed for decades...still not smote. Smitten? Smited?

Yes, your God apparently loves to kill children and smite them with debilitating illnesses from birth. He has "a plan" for them after all....

Get outta here with that nonsense

Ephesians 4:18
They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.

I say We The Right reelect Mr. Trump in November, and take the House and Senate also.

THEN we change the law to allow Mr. Trump to remain in office one additional day, for every day the left illegally obstructed his Presidency.

Fair is fair.

Forum List

Back