Should Posting Rep Comments be Against the Rules?

Should posting rep comments be against the rules?

• yes

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • no

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up for the enquiring minds, instigators and/or plotters with dreams of glory exposing the fact that someone we all know to be an asshole is an asshole ....

Whatever decision is made, if it comes to pass that posting rep comments on the board is allowed, there will be NO "grandfather clause." It will be effective from whatever date is posted and only rep comments from that date forward will be permitted.

Just a heads up for the enquiring minds, instigators and/or plotters with dreams of glory exposing the fact that someone we all know to be an asshole is an asshole ....

Whatever decision is made, if it comes to pass that posting rep comments on the board is allowed, there will be NO "grandfather clause." It will be effective from whatever date is posted and only rep comments from that date forward will be permitted.

Actually, I think the accurate phrasing would be there WILL be a grandfather clause. But regardless, I know what you mean and always assumed that would be the case.

Is there an ETA on the verdict?

manie why are you in such a hurry to post rep comments...what does it matter....i dont care if they are posted...but just not sure why it matters to anyone...

You know.....I think I may have a solution to this. Tell me what ya think Gunny......

When a person posts a rep comment, there are only 2 choices, positive and negative rep, along with a space to place the comment of why you did it.

Now......what if in addition to the 2 choices, you had another one which was to be able to see ALL the rep comments about a person? Then, not only would you know why everyone else thought they were good or not, but, you would also be able to see the ones that are neg repping a person just to be assholes.

However......posting rep comments that are NOT YOUR OWN, should still be taken into account. If people whom the comments were about want to post them, they should be allowed to. If they don't, then nobody else should be able to post them verbatim, but they should still be allowed to comment. Something along the lines of "I see now why you're such a dick. People don't like what you say, based on what they've said".

If you think about it, it's kinda like real life, because your rep depends on what those that know you say about you.

I say let 'em be posted, by the person that they are said about (if they want to), as well as let them be seen by everyone on this board. I mean hell.....we've got a number, wouldn't it be nice to see where the number came from?

You know.....I think I may have a solution to this. Tell me what ya think Gunny......

When a person posts a rep comment, there are only 2 choices, positive and negative rep, along with a space to place the comment of why you did it.

Now......what if in addition to the 2 choices, you had another one which was to be able to see ALL the rep comments about a person? Then, not only would you know why everyone else thought they were good or not, but, you would also be able to see the ones that are neg repping a person just to be assholes.

However......posting rep comments that are NOT YOUR OWN, should still be taken into account. If people whom the comments were about want to post them, they should be allowed to. If they don't, then nobody else should be able to post them verbatim, but they should still be allowed to comment. Something along the lines of "I see now why you're such a dick. People don't like what you say, based on what they've said".

If you think about it, it's kinda like real life, because your rep depends on what those that know you say about you.

I say let 'em be posted, by the person that they are said about (if they want to), as well as let them be seen by everyone on this board. I mean hell.....we've got a number, wouldn't it be nice to see where the number came from?

If you want to read all rep comments about someone, go to eBay - it's called Feedback, and you can read until your hearts content.

To my knowledge there is no such modification available that can be added to allow people to view others rep comments.

If you want to read all rep comments about someone, go to eBay - it's called Feedback, and you can read until your hearts content.

To my knowledge there is no such modification available that can be added to allow people to view others rep comments.

Maybe you could modify the software so that when you post a rep comment about someone, you see the things that others have written about them.

I mean.....we already have color codes and numbers, why NOT let everyone see what was written?

Maybe you could modify the software so that when you post a rep comment about someone, you see the things that others have written about them.

I mean.....we already have color codes and numbers, why NOT let everyone see what was written?

Did I not just say there was no modification available through VB?

Why do you really care what someone said about someone else? It really isn't any of your business.

Incidently, the color codes are universal for all VB systems, I believe.. You don't get to change those either, unless somethings drastically changed.

Why do you really care what someone said about someone else? It really isn't any of your business.

Incidently, the color codes are universal for all VB systems, I believe.. You don't get to change those either, unless somethings drastically changed.

Take your bitch pills again? It's not so much that I care about what someone says about someone else, I was participating in the discussion.

Your name isn't the only thing shattered.....your brain must be too.

Well then it really shouldn't be any of your business what he cares about, either.

But we know that's not the way it works.

Take another bitch pill, dear. They seem to help.

Well then it really shouldn't be any of your business what he cares about, either.

But we know that's not the way it works.

Take another bitch pill, dear. They seem to help.

You two shackin up for the weekend? Thank god.. You've each finally found someone willing to put up with you.

Your question was "Why not let everyone see what was written about everyone else?"

My question was why do you care? It's not your business.

How hard is that, and how does it equate to bitch?

No thanks, I don't need to shack up with anyone. I don't have to validate myself that way, as some others appear to.

Your question was "Why not let everyone see what was written about everyone else?"

My question was why do you care? It's not your business.

How hard is that, and how does it equate to bitch?

Your statement was bitchy, I was simply contributing.

And.....no......I wouldn't even fuck AllieBabba for practice.

Your statement was bitchy, I was simply contributing.

And.....no......I wouldn't even fuck AllieBabba for practice.

My statement was no more bitchy than yours was whiney about not being able to see other peoples comments.

Interesting idea. BUT (knew that was coming, didin't you?), the idea here is not to turn this board into a reputation battlefield. The slippery slope to your argument is that it either becomes that battlefield, or people start posting generic "good post, ITA" stuff.

Not to mention shattered is correct ... the option to publicly display everyone's reputation is not available with this program.

Based on the results of the poll, we are going to try this. From this date and and time forward, rep posted from this date and time forward may be posted publicly on the board.

Initially, this will be temporary. If it's too out of control or just gets stupid, we'll go back to the not allowed rule.

If you have a bitch about a rep, it does NOT go in the thread you got it for. We will initially use the Flame Zone. If it gets to be too much, I'll add a subforum to the taunting area solely for questioning rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back