CDZ Should Police Stop Responding to Domestic Disputes?

They should stop?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 94.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If a partner accepts being abused, why should government step in?

This is why.

landscape-1445542028-abused-woman.jpg
And this is why

Phoenix man accused of killing wife and kids shared video of 11-year-old son hours before Christmas carnage

So basically no freedom of thought whatsoever, and hate group watch lists these days are nothing more than wrongthink punishment.

Nope. If you are on a hate group list, you probably did something pretty bad to get there.

No, it isn't and you don't get to define reality to fit your preconceived notions.

45 Rounds per minute. WWII Machine guns weren't that effective.

Jealousy is a 'stinky cologne'.

Hey, I've got no problem with cops making good money. But I expect actual professionals when we pay that kind of money.

Not guys like Wilson or van Dyke or Loehmann....

Do all cops where Kevlar these days? It should be standard. Also cops should always be teamed up, no lone wolfs and I know that is tough in rural areas where the police are few and have to cover a large area.

And just from seeing all the videos and officers killed while on duty there needs to be a national push for a lot more training and changes in handling potentially dangerous situation. And...cops need to be in good physical shape. I see many that are woefully overweight. If I were a cop I'd be running and bulking up as a matter of doing your job well and being as best prepared for any situation you'd run across. It would make preserving your own life more likely as well.

So basically no freedom of thought whatsoever, and hate group watch lists these days are nothing more than wrongthink punishment.

Nope. If you are on a hate group list, you probably did something pretty bad to get there.

No, it isn't and you don't get to define reality to fit your preconceived notions.

45 Rounds per minute. WWII Machine guns weren't that effective.

Jealousy is a 'stinky cologne'.

Hey, I've got no problem with cops making good money. But I expect actual professionals when we pay that kind of money.

Not guys like Wilson or van Dyke or Loehmann....

Hate group lists are matters of opinion made by groups with an axe to grind. Sorry, but considering homosexuality sinful is not hate.

Ummm. want to try that again?

MG 42 - Wikipedia

Rate of fire 1,200 rounds/min (varied between 900–1,500 rounds/min with different bolts)
Practical: 153 rounds/min[7]

Hate group lists are matters of opinion made by groups with an axe to grind. Sorry, but considering homosexuality sinful is not hate.

YES IT IS!!!

Anyone who thinks that a book written by bronze age savages who thought witches were real, is a good excuse to hate on gay people is hateful.

Because there are a whole bunch of rules in the bible Christians IGNORE.

Again, revoke their tax exemptions, you will be AMAZED how many churches have a "come to Jesus" moment on gays. Just like they had a come to Jesus moment on racist once they were told they wouldn't get tax exemptions if they were racist.

No, I don't. I made my point pretty well how the development of the assault rifle could have changed the outcome of the war.

YES IT IS!!!

Anyone who thinks that a book written by bronze age savages who thought witches were real, is a good excuse to hate on gay people is hateful.

Because there are a whole bunch of rules in the bible Christians IGNORE.

Again, revoke their tax exemptions, you will be AMAZED how many churches have a "come to Jesus" moment on gays. Just like they had a come to Jesus moment on racist once they were told they wouldn't get tax exemptions if they were racist.

No, I don't. I made my point pretty well how the development of the assault rifle could have changed the outcome of the war.

That is only your opinion, based on your own actual hate of people of faith.

That pesky first amendment prevents you from using government to single out religious groups based on their doctrine.

That wasn't your point, you tried to make it seem a semi-automatic AR-15 was "the same" as a WWII Machine Gun.

I proved you 100% wrong. But I know you won't fess up to it because that is not your style.

(And btw, if you think you can get me to mess up in the CDZ, think again)

That pesky first amendment prevents you from using government to single out religious groups based on their doctrine.

That wasn't your point, you tried to make it seem a semi-automatic AR-15 was "the same" as a WWII Machine Gun.

I proved you 100% wrong. But I know you won't fess up to it because that is not your style.

Again, off topic, so I will try to get this back to the original.

Point was made in the article that an assault rifle in WWII would have been a game changer. And, no, the First Amendment isn't a "get out of jail free card". Otherwise we'd have all sort of people 'sacrificing' people they don't like to C'Thulhu.

But the thread here was about should we require cops to respond to domestic violence. My opinion is they should, but my sympathy kind of runs out if they are being called into the same home more than once.

Again, off topic, so I will try to get this back to the original.

Point was made in the article that an assault rifle in WWII would have been a game changer. And, no, the First Amendment isn't a "get out of jail free card". Otherwise we'd have all sort of people 'sacrificing' people they don't like to C'Thulhu.

But the thread here was about should we require cops to respond to domestic violence. My opinion is they should, but my sympathy kind of runs out if they are being called into the same home more than once.

Each side had automatic rifles, the US one was just a real bruiser compared the the German one. You claimed that a semi auto was the same as a WWII machine gun, and I proved otherwise.

My opinion is these things need to be stopped the first time the cops show up, not the 20th. If there is damage to both parties lock both up for attacking each other and let the courts figure it out.

Each side had automatic rifles, the US one was just a real bruiser compared the the German one. You claimed that a semi auto was the same as a WWII machine gun, and I proved otherwise.

Again, go back, and read the article, and if you want to talk about it on another thread, fine.

My opinion is these things need to be stopped the first time the cops show up, not the 20th. If there is damage to both parties lock both up for attacking each other and let the courts figure it out.

We don't have enough room in the jails for the real criminals.

Hey, I mentioned my gun-nut associate who had 26 guns and chased his wife down the street shooting at her. Well, they acquitted him of attempted murder and just found him guilty of lesser charges. He could be out with time served.

Wonderful system.

Again, go back, and read the article, and if you want to talk about it on another thread, fine.

We don't have enough room in the jails for the real criminals.

Hey, I mentioned my gun-nut associate who had 26 guns and chased his wife down the street shooting at her. Well, they acquitted him of attempted murder and just found him guilty of lesser charges. He could be out with time served.

Wonderful system.

We would if we started legalizing certain drugs. Start with pot and things like E and Shrooms and work from there.

I'm assuming the DA at least made them felony lesser charges so he loses his guns.

Another killed by getting in between :

750x422

Police: Maryland officer shot, killed while intervening in domestic dispute @ Police: Maryland officer shot, killed while intervening in domestic dispute

All you have to do is conduct an internet search like the one @ police officers killed involved in domestic disputes - Bing to see page after page of reports about police officers being shot and killed while responding to domestic dispute calls.

Most officers will tell you they are the calls they hate the most. So, why do we keep sending them out for them?

Tell me what YOU think. No flaming please.

That would seem a rather ridiculous thing. Stop sending the police when laws are being broken because the police might get killed.

Sounds like a move forward towards privatized law enforcement.

How about solving the problems in America and making the country actually work, rather than Trump's fakery?

We would if we started legalizing certain drugs. Start with pot and things like E and Shrooms and work from there.

That's an awesome idea. Let's start letting more drug dealers out so we can lock up some poor fool who slapped his old lady around.

I'm assuming the DA at least made them felony lesser charges so he loses his guns.

Who knows. They were felonies. The problem was this guy amassed an arsenal of 26 guns, it was only a matter of time before he snapped.

That's an awesome idea. Let's start letting more drug dealers out so we can lock up some poor fool who slapped his old lady around.

Who knows. They were felonies. The problem was this guy amassed an arsenal of 26 guns, it was only a matter of time before he snapped.

The idea is to get rid of the "drug dealer" and replace it with a legal industry.

Then he lost his guns.

Forum List

Back