• Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No im a moron and listen to Obama and Tyson Whatshisname

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
th

I think Pluto should regain it's planetary status since it has a moon and that the tenth planet should be named Micky.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Also, Pluto is transgendered,,,

So who's the dumbass that took it away in the first place???????

I mean, how am I ever going to remember the planetary positions if one of them isn't included????

My (Mercury)
Very (Venus)
Educated (Earth)
Mother (Mars)
Just (Jupiter)
Served (Saturn)
Us (Uranus)
Nine (Neptune)

Nine what???? IF they'd left it alone, would be Pumpkins (Pluto)…..but without it, it just leaves a big hole of a question. :aargh:

This is the first time I heard of this ( what do you call it????

I forgot)

All I remember is H.O.M.E.S

Huron

Ontario

Michigan

Erie

Superior

That was from like elementary school and taught as a way of remembering the planets and their position and distance from the sun. One of the few things my mind hasn't lost yet.

My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pumpkins.

I do not remember H.O.M.E.S...….but then I'm not from that area and may not have been taught it. :dunno:

Homes was from my elementary school era 1970s I never heard of yours till now, it was hard for me to remember them in the 2nd grade and times tables was a bitch in the 3rd grade. Lol

Good god why did they make us remember them when we have smart phones now?

Cause back then, WE were the smart phones. (they weren't invented yet)

I did ok with the times tables when I learned it was just counting by X number. Although 9's, when written out 1 thru 10...the answer is the numbers reversed.

9x1=09
9x2=18
9x3=27
9x4=36
9x5=45
then reversed
9x6=54
9x7=63
9x8=72
9x9=81
9x10=90

Dang.

The way I learned military time (I picked up this trick myself ) just add 2

3pm = 01500

6 pm = 01800

8 pm = 2200 hour
Or deduct 12..

Pluto should be the 9th planet.

/thread

Okay so I only really know a lot about this because I teach Holst "The Planets". In the course of my 25 year teaching career, Holst has been wrong in having Neptune as the last planet in our Solar System...than correct...and now it looks like he might be wrong again.

"Science" everyone. "Science"

/thread

Um. No. If you count Pluto as a planet, you also have to count Charon, Eris, Sedna and a whole lot of other bodies that are smaller than Earth's Moon, and some of the Jovian Moons and Titan.

Nah, we're just letting Pluto back in. He was fun to have around. Nobody knows about the others, but everyone knows Pluto.

/thread

Um. No. If you count Pluto as a planet, you also have to count Charon, Eris, Sedna and a whole lot of other bodies that are smaller than Earth's Moon, and some of the Jovian Moons and Titan.

You really are quite stupid - it's why you're a Communist.

Bodies that orbit a star are called planets. Can you say "planet?" I didn't think so. Bodies that orbit planets are called moons. "M O O N - that spells Joe's retarded."

Eris actually is a dwarf planet.

/thread

Okay so I only really know a lot about this because I teach Holst "The Planets". In the course of my 25 year teaching career, Holst has been wrong in having Neptune as the last planet in our Solar System...than correct...and now it looks like he might be wrong again.

"Science" everyone. "Science"
That's not "science". That's nomenclature.

You really are quite stupid - it's why you're a Communist.

Bodies that orbit a star are called planets. Can you say "planet?" I didn't think so. Bodies that orbit planets are called moons. "M O O N - that spells Joe's retarded."

Eris actually is a dwarf planet.

Comets orbit stars... we don't call them planets.
Asteroids orbit stars... we don't call them planets.

The Dwarf Planets have more in common with comets than planets.. I object to even calling them Dwarf Planets.

Forum List

Back