Should people with conservative views get into sci fi and fantasy?

That the great thing about video games, they come in chess AND Monopoly (and Halo, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Fallout, Dragons Age...etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, and I enjoy playing them that way, but I still have fond memories of playing chess with both my brother and other people.

No,

Sci-fi is of a future that is very progressive and forward thinking. One space ship that is capable of reaching other planets would mean adding a entire branch to our military at the very least in the case of star fleet. Do you think the conservatives are going to support that?

Most of star trek believes that people shouldn't have to work or die. This is very much against conservative ideals.

Spending ones lives in presuite of knowledge is very much anti-conservative.
Democrats and their racism are partly the reason why Star Trek will never be possible.

The OP has a valid point here, I hesitate to agree. We aren't talking about pokemon or candy crush. Games that dehumanize and make killing fun and create strategies and tactics to slaughter people. Young minds are impressionable, and I find it hard to believe they don't influence kids in a negative way. And these people tend to be addicted to such games, as much as a gambler or any other form of addiction.
Dear, I watched the Three Stooges for decades and never, ever once thought that I should poke someone in the eyes because they did so.

Yes, there are some really, fucking stupid people in the world. Rather than banning games, perhaps we should have a law on banning procreation without an IQ test?

The OP has a valid point here, I hesitate to agree. We aren't talking about pokemon or candy crush. Games that dehumanize and make killing fun and create strategies and tactics to slaughter people. Young minds are impressionable, and I find it hard to believe they don't influence kids in a negative way. And these people tend to be addicted to such games, as much as a gambler or any other form of addiction.

I know this to be a fact, I have a couple grown grandsons and a great grandson who plays these games too much. Its addictive.

Democrats and their racism are partly the reason why Star Trek will never be possible.
LOL. Funny, but despite fucking assholes on both the Left and the Right, humanity does move forward....albeit it tends to take two steps forward and one step back. We'll be fine...unless an asteroid takes us all out.

You create some really stupid threads and this one is no exception.

You'd think that the mods would make a point of moving them to the badlands. Wonder why that is. Does nobody report these threads? No, can't be that.
The mods are Dems.

That is why the race threads started by Democrats are never moved either.

:lmao:

Sorry man, but that's bogus. CK has been posting Trump propaganda for a whole fucking year. He's an unabashed hack. Westwall is another member of the drumpfodder. DTMB leans to the right, but he's pretty non partisan so I'd expect he's an Independent. Southern Man is Republican, though again not a hack. Doctor is on the left. Not sure I can think of any other mods who are, though. He's their token.

Whne I was a kid it was cowboys ,indians and soldiers killing each other. Of course the effect wasn't the same on black and white tv and theatre.
Same when I was a kid except with the addition of both WWI pilots (on bicycles) and Civil War (Yankees and Confederates).

I never saw American TV until I was seven and within 6 weeks of graduating 1st Grade. I never saw a color tv until my parents took me to their friends house a couple years later. I don't recall when we first owned a color TV, but I do recall that I watched first Star Trek episodes well into the first season in B&W (1967) and don't recall a color episode until 1968.

Happy Trails To You. I still like our games the best. Monopoly, Clue ,Checkers, Spin the bottle, of wait that one doesn't fit here. I played PacMan once in the early 70s though.
Our games? I'm 60. How old are you? The best game of all is Chess. More ancient than "Monopoly". ;)

I'm 66 and chess was too time consuming for me with a dozen grandnkids and all the things that we women have to do. I did love to study history though so that was my hobby.

LOL. Funny, but despite fucking assholes on both the Left and the Right, humanity does move forward....albeit it tends to take two steps forward and one step back. We'll be fine...unless an asteroid takes us all out.
Listen to the fucking DNC.

What little the RNC did talk about race was almost certainly forced by the racial discourse caused by Democrats.

With assholes like the Democrats holding a monopoly on "progressive" values, progress is completely at their mercy.

You'd think that the mods would make a point of moving them to the badlands. Wonder why that is. Does nobody report these threads? No, can't be that.
The mods are Dems.

Sorry man, but that's bogus. CK has been posting Trump propaganda for a whole fucking year. He's an unabashed hack. Westwall is another member of the drumpfodder. DTMB leans to the right, but he's pretty non partisan so I'd expect he's an Independent. Southern Man is Republican, though again not a hack. Doctor is on the left. Not sure I can think of any other mods who are, though. He's their token.
Then why do the Democrat threads never get moved?

I'm 66 and chess was too time consuming for me with a dozen grandnkids and all the things that we women have to do. I did love to study history though so that was my hobby.
Too time consuming for 66 years? WTF?

No apology for your false assumptions? No worries

The mods are Dems.

I think it's a simple law of averages. There are far fewer Dem threads posted, from my observation.

The mods are Dems.

Half of those mods are never on the politics forum and ck is seldom on here. It it mostly run by the tinfoil nut don't Taz Me and he is neither side. So loopy he has a side of his own

They don't.

Study finds no evidence violent video games make children aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whne I was a kid it was cowboys ,indians and soldiers killing each other. Of course the effect wasn't the same on black and white tv and theatre.
Same when I was a kid except with the addition of both WWI pilots (on bicycles) and Civil War (Yankees and Confederates).

I never saw American TV until I was seven and within 6 weeks of graduating 1st Grade. I never saw a color tv until my parents took me to their friends house a couple years later. I don't recall when we first owned a color TV, but I do recall that I watched first Star Trek episodes well into the first season in B&W (1967) and don't recall a color episode until 1968.

Happy Trails To You. I still like our games the best. Monopoly, Clue ,Checkers, Spin the bottle, of wait that one doesn't fit here. I played PacMan once in the early 70s though.
Our games? I'm 60. How old are you? The best game of all is Chess. More ancient than "Monopoly". ;)

Correction, chess used to be the best game ever. It's been ruined by popularity. Playing chess has become a nearly ubiquitous hobby, with most playing like peasant slobs. Erratic and nonsensical, obsessed with cheap one line tactics that give them a chubby, determined to play through chaos and luck.

Correction, chess used to be the best game ever. It's been ruined by popularity. Playing chess has become a nearly ubiquitous hobby, with most playing like peasant slobs. Erratic and nonsensical, obsessed with cheap one line tactics that give them a chubby, determined to play through chaos and luck.
Chess is chess. It's the same game it always was. What people choose to do with it is their choice. What I choose to do with it is my choice. It's an inanimate object incapable of anything until a human being does something with it. You know, like a hammer, a shovel or a gun.

Chess is chess. It's the same game it always was. What people choose to do with it is their choice. What I choose to do with it is my choice. It's an inanimate object incapable of anything until a human being does something with it. You know, like a hammer, a shovel or a gun.

Okay. You are missing my point. The game sucks anymore because nobody actually plays real chess. Chess is a strategy game. What we have nowadays is millions of people playing cheap tactics. It takes hours of sifting through moron to get 10 minutes chess that's worth my spit.

Okay. You are missing my point. The game sucks anymore because nobody actually plays real chess. Chess is a strategy game. What we have nowadays is millions of people playing cheap tactics. It takes hours of sifting through moron to get 10 minutes chess that's worth my spit.
You're missing my point; it's just a game just like a gun is just a hunk of metal that can't do anything until a human being uses it.

If you don't like the way people around you are playing chess, why are you hanging around those people? Move on. Life is too short to be unhappy.

You're missing my point; it's just a game just like a gun is just a hunk of metal that can't do anything until a human being uses it.

If you don't like the way people around you are playing chess, why are you hanging around those people? Move on. Life is too short to be unhappy.

density_model-284x300.jpg

Forum List

Back