Should people marry? It seems that God would forbid it.

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Christian scriptures say that in heaven, there is no marriage.

When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
http://biblehub.com/mark/12-25.htm

As above so below, on earth as it is in heaven, indicates that when God returns to reclaim dominion from Satan, marriage will be abolished.

Why then do most religion of the Abrahamic root advocate marriage at all. Especially the polygamy. God does not favor marriage. If no two souls are to marry in heaven, then the law on earth should be that no two people marry.

We should emulate Jesus in all things and remember that as a Jew, he was almost forced by tradition to marry yet never did even though Gnostic Christian scriptures show him as loving Mary Magdalen more than his male disciples. Even kissing her on the (unknown parts).That is why I suggest that Jesus married Mary. Marriage was expected of all Rabbis.

This modern Gnostic Christian thinks marriage is the way to go, with a single mate, be that a mate of the same gender or not. Love is what is important. Not gender. That aside, I think that frees choice should reign in this issue.

Do you think we should abolish marriage and move closer to God’s heavenly law?

Regards
DL

According to spirit guides I have heard give trance lectures.-
There is no sex in the spirit world, and you cannot have children, so there is no need for marriage. At first spirits retain the same sex body as they had in their last incarnation. But they gradually move to an asexual status.

Adam & Eve weren't married.

actually they were. For this cause shall a man leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife. Seems odd to give this verse in regards to Adam and Eve if they aren't married would it not?

Adam and eve were marries by God in the garden of Eden before the Fall. It was a covenant, not just until death, but for all eternity since there was no death at the time. Men and woman are not given in marriage after the resurrection because Eternal marriage must be contracted during this life.

actually they were. For this cause shall a man leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife. Seems odd to give this verse in regards to Adam and Eve if they aren't married would it not?

Adam and eve were marries by God in the garden of Eden before the Fall. It was a covenant, not just until death, but for all eternity since there was no death at the time. Men and woman are not given in marriage after the resurrection because Eternal marriage must be contracted during this life.
Eve was made out of Adam's rib. You can't marry yourself. Please try again.

There is no sex in the spirit world, and you cannot have children, so there is no need for marriage. At first spirits retain the same sex body as they had in their last incarnation. But they gradually move to an asexual status.

Marriage is not defined solely on procreation and sex. Love does not limit itself. If heaven limits love then I would not name it heaven.

Love does not recognize gender.

Dajjal. You and I are not judged by what is between our legs.

Regards
DL

You show Adam's instructions. Where are Eves?

Further.

The quote you use would not apply to Adam as he had no mother.

Your quote fails on two counts.

Further again.

The marriage, if in any way true, was never consummated as there was no desire to do so before their eyes be opened by the eating of the tree of knowledge.

Regards
DL

Does marriage matter if, "he shall rule over you", is the mind-set?

As to your eternal marriage. Your God is clear that there is no such thing and that is why I question his limiting love.

Regards
DL

Marriage is not defined solely on procreation and sex. Love does not limit itself. If heaven limits love then I would not name it heaven.

Regards
DL

From what I have heard in spiritualist church trance lectures, we have nothing between our legs in the spirit world. We are asexual and have no need of marriage. We may still love another person, but the spirits say we cannot feel it like we do in the physical body. This is the reason many people choose to reincarnate.

In Genesis, it is said that when a man has a wife, they are of one flesh. Marriage is for this life only, as Jesus reveals in the Gospels.

Taz the troll was made out of defective sperm and egg.

When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

As above so below, on earth as it is in heaven, indicates that when God returns to reclaim dominion from Satan, marriage will be abolished.

Why then do most religion of the Abrahamic root advocate marriage at all. Especially the polygamy. God does not favor marriage. If no two souls are to marry in heaven, then the law on earth should be that no two people marry.

We should emulate Jesus in all things and remember that as a Jew, he was almost forced by tradition to marry yet never did even though Gnostic Christian scriptures show him as loving Mary Magdalen more than his male disciples. Even kissing her on the (unknown parts).That is why I suggest that Jesus married Mary. Marriage was expected of all Rabbis.

This modern Gnostic Christian thinks marriage is the way to go, with a single mate, be that a mate of the same gender or not. Love is what is important. Not gender. That aside, I think that frees choice should reign in this issue.

Regards
DL

Interesting... God created the species with complimenting genders... he also provided humanity with the means to reason, wherein the complimenting genders provide for the security of the female during gestation and a safe and sound foundation wherein the complimenting traits of the two respective genders train and nurture the offspring until they are prepared to repeat the process... which when summed provides for a viable civilization.

So... looky there... God does in fact require marriage.

Now GO FIGURE! Right?

Taz the troll was made out of defective sperm and egg.
At least I didn't take a rib and blow up my wife! :lol:

Regards
DL

From what I have heard in spiritualist church trance lectures, we have nothing between our legs in the spirit world. We are asexual and have no need of marriage. We may still love another person, but the spirits say we cannot feel it like we do in the physical body. This is the reason many people choose to reincarnate.

One wonders why most of the religions who believe in reincarnation depict the ideal of androgynous beings.

My apotheosis says that we continue in whatever gender we originally had on earth.

Regards
DL

In Genesis, it is said that when a man has a wife, they are of one flesh. Marriage is for this life only, as Jesus reveals in the Gospels.

Which Jesus? The literal one that Christianity used to usher in the Dark Ages with or the esoteric one who returned with his Eastern teachings?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Interesting... God created the species with complimenting genders... he also provided humanity with the means to reason, wherein the complimenting genders provide for the security of the female during gestation and a safe and sound foundation wherein the complimenting traits of the two respective genders train and nurture the offspring until they are prepared to repeat the process... which when summed provides for a viable civilization.

So... looky there... God does in fact require marriage.

Now GO FIGURE! Right?

One does not need to marry to reproduce. I guess that God will fill us in on the new non-marriage system that he will invent when he gets here.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back