Should People Have To Pass An IQ Test To Vote

How strange and unusual that you criticize us for attempting to influence others....while at the same time you attempt to influence us???

But then, you ARE strange and unusual.

I'm providing solutions to your political woes....but surreptitiously trying to change your political system so it has less affect on us...:O)

Shall I know link to the last post or so you made where you claimed NZ does not interfere and has no desire to interfere with others?

But can you see why so many of us are loathe to having any silencing of voice here? With your idea, for example, so many things could go wrong (irrespective of which party is in office, I have this view): We could have some federal agency (likely the Department of Education, or perhaps even the National Science Foundation) take over the standardization of IQ tests. Political influence on the content of that standardized test is easy at that point. Manipulation of it, and badda bing! Continued power is ensured without the will of the people (through our system of still protecting the minorities). With continuing power ensured and silencing of an opposition, we are more than halfway to authoritarian rule.

We don't like that too much, or something that even gives that a chance.

Well, the premise is slightly tongue in cheek, but I was more trying to get across how uninformed voters are. And yes, I know the leviathan your political system is, it would be impossible to do..
As I'm new here, I was ignorant of your style with tongue in cheek, so a bit of a misunderstanding ensued. But, you are correct; too many of our voters are uninformed.

Don't fall for it, he means it.

Having seen political operatives bring busloads of retarded people in to vote, and knowing perfectly well that they set these retarded people up to vote a certain way (I'm using the word retarded here correctly not a an insult) I think there might be something to this question.

Seriously, there is something to be siad for preventing political operatives from using retarded people as tools in the elective process, folks.

How one actually prevents this from happening, I do not know.

Biut I have to tell you some kind of testing to establish that the potential voter isn'tclinically mentally retarded isn't such a bad idea

Having seen political operatives bring busloads of retarded people in to vote, and knowing perfectly well that they set these retarded people up to vote a certain way (I'm using the word retarded here correctly not a an insult) I think there might be something to this question.

Seriously, there is something to be siad for preventing political operatives from using retarded people as tools in the elective process, folks.

Biut I have to tell you some kind of testing to establish that the potential voter isn'tclinically mentally retarded isn't such a bad idea
hell, we still let convicted felons vote in this state

AND YET you started this thread and insist you want an IQ test for people outside YOUR country to take before allowed to vote inside THEIR Country, go figure.

Fuck, you are so dense sometimes is beggar's belief. For the FOURTH time, where have I even mentioned a country? Hint: I haven't....Now STFU before you make yourself look more silly than you already do....

Shall I know link to the last post or so you made where you claimed NZ does not interfere and has no desire to interfere with others?

It's all about cause and effect. Your argument is beyond stupid. That's like you shooting at me, I go and buy and gun and shoot back at you, then you bitch and moan about me shooting. Whereas if you hadn't shot at me in the first place, the incident never would have happened....fuck you really say dumb shit sometimes...

Going by some of the wingnuts on this forum - I say yes.
Practicalities aside, I think most people should know the issues and what the fuck they are talking about before voting...

even though if we did we would never see another republican win i say no, dumb people have rights too.

AND YET you started this thread and insist you want an IQ test for people outside YOUR country to take before allowed to vote inside THEIR Country, go figure.

Fuck, you are so dense sometimes is beggar's belief. For the FOURTH time, where have I even mentioned a country? Hint: I haven't....Now STFU before you make yourself look more silly than you already do....

You told us on this board that we should have to pass an IQ test, the vast majority of the posters here are Americans, Further you stated you want this test all over the world. So go ahead and prove just how fucking stupid you really are while claiming I am stupid.

Practicalities aside, I think most people should know the issues and what the fuck they are talking about before voting...

I knows the issues.

Government owes our family a living.

I want the bureaucrats to feed me, to clothe me, to provide healthcare and educate my children or I won't vote for them.

I want congress to turn those wonderful IRS agents loose so they can get my money.

Isn't that like saying someone should have a deep understanding of the law to bring a lawsuit? Does one have to know legally why something is wrong to know it is just wrong?

Last edited:

hell, we still let convicted felons vote in this state

I still object to allowing the retarded to be used like political tools a LOT more than having convicted felons vote, to be honest.

And FWIW, I've seen operatives from both major parties doing this, so this is not a partisan complaint, but a complaint about our political system generally.

YES, put me down for not allowing the truly obviously mentally innocent to vote.

Hell we don't allow people under 18 to vote, and many of those people are highly qualified to vote.

But we allow people who are CLINICALLY TERMED AS imbeciles or morons to vote?

And worse, we allow political operatives to gather them up from "homes" and get them to the polls with marching orders about who to vote for, too?!

Something need be done about this, I think.

Last edited:
Absolutely I know the average is 100. Sad ain't it...

Not at all.

It doesn't matter how smart or dumb we collectively get, the average IQ score will always be 100. That's how the test is designed. That's why a score today isn't necessarily comparable to the same score 50 years ago.
Point of accuracy: The test isn't designed for an average score of 100, rather the mean of the distribtution of raw scores is given an index of 100. Agreed that IQs today may differ from those of another time because of that.

:lol: Split hairs much?

Not at all.

It doesn't matter how smart or dumb we collectively get, the average IQ score will always be 100. That's how the test is designed. That's why a score today isn't necessarily comparable to the same score 50 years ago.
Point of accuracy: The test isn't designed for an average score of 100, rather the mean of the distribtution of raw scores is given an index of 100. Agreed that IQs today may differ from those of another time because of that.

:lol: Split hairs much?
LOL. Yes, yes I do.

You really think clinically retarded voters are swinging elections results?

bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Forum List

Back