Should parents be required to attend driving school with their kids?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Teenagers who are learning to drive — and their parents — would face a longer road to a driver’s license, under a tough new teen-driver safety law proposed in the Legislature.

Parents of teens with a driving learner’s permit would be required to take a teen driver-orientation course, and the teenagers themselves would have to practice driving for up to 100 hours, under the bill sent to the state Assembly.

The bill would also lengthen the current six-month driver permit phase to one year, giving New Jersey one of the strictest teen driver safety laws in the nation.

Stricter laws may leave N.J. teens facing tougher road to driver's license | NJ.com

Exploiting dead children again. :evil:

Comments?

When my daughter is old enough I am going to take her to a racing school. It's the best way to learn how to really drive an automobile. And yes i will attend the class with her.
As far as the legislation you reference it is just more of the same. Politicians feel they are better then us and so they will make life as difficult for us as possible.

Westall - I am a HS special education teacher. I have had years where NO parents show up for conferences. Some of my students succeed IN SPITE of their negligent parents. I would like to see parents be required to participate in their kids' education. But I understand that is not feasible.

Poor kids need jobs and need transportation to get to work. There is no way many of these folks will attend classes and who pays?

I am sick and tired if NJ politicians using dead kids to get their names in the papers. It happens all the time. "Megan's Law" "John's Law" "Kyleigh's Law" "The Tyler Clementi Law" It's disgusting. I'd like to see "Chanel's Law" against that.

Westall - I am a HS special education teacher. I have had years where NO parents show up for conferences. Some of my students succeed IN SPITE of their negligent parents. I would like to see parents be required to participate in their kids' education. But I understand that is not feasible.

Poor kids need jobs and need transportation to get to work. There is no way many of these folks will attend classes and who pays?

I am sick and tired if NJ politicians using dead kids to get their names in the papers. It happens all the time. "Megan's Law" "John's Law" "Kyleigh's Law" "The Tyler Clementi Law" It's disgusting. I'd like to see "Chanel's Law" against that.

I am in full agreement with you! Politicians need votes to get elected, they despise those who elect them but need them. Ergo, they use whatever poor victim they can to get their names up in lights to keep raking in the easy money.

New Topics

Forum List

Back