Should parents be required to attend driving school with their kids?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by chanel, Nov 29, 2011.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Stricter laws may leave N.J. teens facing tougher road to driver's license | NJ.com

Exploiting dead children again. :evil:

Comments?

2. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,710
    When my daughter is old enough I am going to take her to a racing school. It's the best way to learn how to really drive an automobile. And yes i will attend the class with her.
    As far as the legislation you reference it is just more of the same. Politicians feel they are better then us and so they will make life as difficult for us as possible.

3. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Westall - I am a HS special education teacher. I have had years where NO parents show up for conferences. Some of my students succeed IN SPITE of their negligent parents. I would like to see parents be required to participate in their kids' education. But I understand that is not feasible.

Poor kids need jobs and need transportation to get to work. There is no way many of these folks will attend classes and who pays?

I am sick and tired if NJ politicians using dead kids to get their names in the papers. It happens all the time. "Megan's Law" "John's Law" "Kyleigh's Law" "The Tyler Clementi Law" It's disgusting. I'd like to see "Chanel's Law" against that.

4. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Westall - I am a HS special education teacher. I have had years where NO parents show up for conferences. Some of my students succeed IN SPITE of their negligent parents. I would like to see parents be required to participate in their kids' education. But I understand that is not feasible.

Poor kids need jobs and need transportation to get to work. There is no way many of these folks will attend classes and who pays?

I am sick and tired if NJ politicians using dead kids to get their names in the papers. It happens all the time. "Megan's Law" "John's Law" "Kyleigh's Law" "The Tyler Clementi Law" It's disgusting. I'd like to see "Chanel's Law" against that.

5. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,710

I am in full agreement with you! Politicians need votes to get elected, they despise those who elect them but need them. Ergo, they use whatever poor victim they can to get their names up in lights to keep raking in the easy money.

6. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,421
    I don't think it is necessary for parents to attend driving school