Should Palin just "Butt-out" ???

Should Sarah Palin 'butt out' of GOP primaries? - The Week

At least one prominent Republican wishes that Sarah Palin would stop using her superstar status to endorse GOP candidates. Georgia congressman Jack Kingston took Palin to task for getting involved in his state's gubernatorial primary run-off — and pushing a once-fringe candidate, Karen Handel, into a tight second-place finish. "I don't know why [Palin] feels compelled to get into primaries all over the country," Kingston said on a talk radio interview, at one point agreeing that Palin should "butt out" of GOP primaries. "What she is doing is dividing the Republican Party at a time when we don't need to be divided," he said. Does he have a point?

Absolutely not.

She is the quintessantial neo-conservative Republican.

The GOP ought to change its name to the Sarah Palin Party.

She is perfect for that party.

At least one prominent Republican wishes that Sarah Palin would stop using her superstar status to endorse GOP candidates. Georgia congressman Jack Kingston took Palin to task for getting involved in his state's gubernatorial primary run-off — and pushing a once-fringe candidate, Karen Handel, into a tight second-place finish. "I don't know why [Palin] feels compelled to get into primaries all over the country," Kingston said on a talk radio interview, at one point agreeing that Palin should "butt out" of GOP primaries. "What she is doing is dividing the Republican Party at a time when we don't need to be divided," he said. Does he have a point?

Absolutely not.

She is the quintessantial neo-conservative Republican.

The GOP ought to change its name to the Sarah Palin Party.

She is perfect for that party.

I do agree that Palin offers the best the Republican Party has to offer

Should Palin just "Butt-out" ???

Do I look like I even give a shit?
Oh yeah, ya can't see me.
Do I sound like I even give a shit?
Fuck! Ya can't hear me either!

Stupid interwebs!

Palin is a citizen like everyone else, she is allowed to do whatever she likes. RW, you are here and say whatever it is you like, and you are allowed too. It's just very few people agree with you so you don't have a following like Palin does.

If you had a following are you telling me you wouldn't be up on stage trashing Bush 15 years from now?

Now I don't like Palin but a good amount of people do. If politicians want to get people to support them they should focus on doing a good job, draw people away from supporting noobs like Palin.

The question is not whether Palin has the right to endorse candidates and speak her mind....of course she does

The question is.......Is she doing her party more harm than good by creating internal dissention at a time they are scrambling for seats?

you're absolutely right.

she should do what obama does and just bribe the candidate she doesn't want to run. that's how you squash internal dissention.

He does have a point but will he be one of only a few brave enough to confront her. Her and Michelle Bachman have managed to become party leadership. It will be hard getting them to go quietly back to obscurity.

The GOP can't whine now, they allowed it to happen.

Moderates in the GOP need to show some balls and take their party back

He does have a point but will he be one of only a few brave enough to confront her. Her and Michelle Bachman have managed to become party leadership. It will be hard getting them to go quietly back to obscurity.

kind of like when a moderate democrat doesn't vote for everything the progessive wing wants, the national unions spend millions against her in her primary to "make an example out of her"

Isn't it TOUCHING to see the lefties worried about how Palin might be causing Republican "internal dissention":lol:

Last edited:
if palin said she was leaving the public spotlight and no longer taking an interest in politics and took down her facebook/twitter accounts, the left would be DEVASTATED.

Palin is a citizen like everyone else, she is allowed to do whatever she likes. RW, you are here and say whatever it is you like, and you are allowed too. It's just very few people agree with you so you don't have a following like Palin does.

If you had a following are you telling me you wouldn't be up on stage trashing Bush 15 years from now?

Now I don't like Palin but a good amount of people do. If politicians want to get people to support them they should focus on doing a good job, draw people away from supporting noobs like Palin.

The question is not whether Palin has the right to endorse candidates and speak her mind....of course she does

The question is.......Is she doing her party more harm than good by creating internal dissention at a time they are scrambling for seats?

The Republicans would be in position to make good gains in Congress in 2010 just by running normal, relatively sane, mainstream Republicans. Midterms like this historically are good for the out-of-power party, plus you have the economic situation as a further aid to the GOP.

The tea partiers and the rest of the run-to-the-right extremist crowd are shitting all over that, and the mainstreamers in the GOP know it.

The funny thing will be, no matter what the gain of the GOP is in 2010, the tea party and the rest of the right will be running around trying to claim credit for it.

By "moderates" they mean any Republican who will bow down and go along to the DEMANDS of the lefties-liberals agenda.

But then if they don't, THEY BETTER WATCH THE HELL OUT, cause they will be DESTROYED.

you gotta be able to read into the minds of a lefty folks. :lol:

I seriously wish they would, it's embarrassing to them.

when democrats stop electing presidents with the most liberal voting record in the senate, maybe the GOP will start running moderates.

[

They will, slowly but surely. The ongoing disaster of the Tea Party loons will help that process immensely.

and by moderates i'm sure you just mean people that will go along with obama's agenda.

By moderates, I mean people who are willing to reach across the aisle, people who are willing to compromise for the good of the people not the good of their party

There are a core of Republicans who are embarassed at what their party has become, who really want to make Washington work, who really want to get things done

They have been overwhelmed by the Party of No

and this is how obama's idea of "reaching out" and building coalitions:

Doctors:"The doctor may look at the reimbursement system and say to himself, 'You know what? I make a lot more money if I take this kid's tonsils out,'"
B P CEO -“My experience is when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he’s going to say all the right things to me.
Bankers:"I did not run for office to be helping out a bunch of fat cat bankers on Wall Street"
Republicans - well, there's too many comments to even list

Forum List

Back