Should Occupy have to pay??

No American should have to pay to walk in a public space.

I never complained about the tea party publicly protesting.

I never demanded they pay for anything.

Yet here is the right wanting American tax payers to pay a second time for the upkeep of public property because they dont like their politics.

idiot....CORRECT

they are CAMPING.... CORRECT
that is not walking.....CORRECT

congratulations...you got 3 out of 3 correct.

Yet here is the right wanting American tax payers to pay a second time for the upkeep of public property because they dont like their politics.

The tea party ralleys never warranted the need for a police presence.

The tea partyers never left the area of their ralleys with garbage and human feces lying aroun for public sanitation to clean.

And the OWS are not just walking in public space. They have opted to reside there and prevent the rest of the public from enjoying the reason that space is there to begin with. Just thought I would clear that up.

:clap2:

The Tea Party is thinking the Occupy Protestors should have to pay for property damage, extra security, space and other expenses associated with their protests.

Since the Tea Party paid for all the permits, processed all the paper work necessary and cleaned up behind themselves, shouldn't the OWS have to as well??

I hear they are collecting quite a bit in cash donations. Seems like they could reimburse the cities for the costs.

If it is the local ordinance; you betcha! No preferential treatment for anyone even if their politics is superior.

Denying it doesn't make it go away!! I fear you will have to apologize for calling us liars when in fact, it's a true story.

TM is just the same as her cronies out there protesting, eating for free, leaving sh*t (literally!) all over the place. They're also too lazy to look something up for themselves, they want someone else to do it for them (like they do everything!). She's not going to believe anything anyone else proves to her, so she should just do it herself, but she won't.

idiot....CORRECT

That was too easy :tongue:

idiot....CORRECT

That was too easy :tongue:

Yay!! You have met the minimum requirements to be accepted to American Universities, your college education should only take about 10 years but don't worry about the cost, the President has just guaranteed you won't have to pay the money back.

You may now pass go and collect your $200.00 in Stimulus $.

Pay to protest in a democracy?

The right has NO commitment to the spirit the founders built this country on.
In Richmond Va the tea party had to pay 10K for permits , porta potties and other things, The OWS are protesting in the same exact location and they did not have to pay for anything. If they dont pay then the city needs to give the Tea party their money back

In Richmond Va the tea party had to pay 10K for permits , porta potties and other things, The OWS are protesting in the same exact location and they did not have to pay for anything. If they dont pay then the city needs to give the Tea party their money back

Absolutely right. Or sue the craaaaaaap out of whoever applied for the permit.

Yes the Tea Party paid for ONE day, probably about 6 hours...........how many days and hours has this been going on???

is that true?

The laws have not been applied equally to the two groups. The tea partys have been discriminated against in a way that has had a negative financial impact on their groups in comparison to the OWS groups.

Tea party says cities favor Occupy protesters - Boston.com

The absense equality under the law for the two groups is the issue the teapartiers have. The inequitable treatment also bothers people who hold conservative values. It seems the liberals actually thrive on unequal treatment as of the last few decades.

Last edited:
I think they should have to pay. As should the tea party....and they didn't always pay.

But I have to laugh at these idiots posting on this thread that are always whining about permitting fees and such as being taxes designed as a way for the government to control the population. Now it's different. Somehow.

You know who you are.

this is proof of nothing

Well it proves the tea party was made to gather to be there while the OWS people weren't made to pay to gather there.

Which also proves, like you asked for, that they paid

the tea party paid for permits.

Americans should not have to pay for a permitt to protest their government.

Do you think the founders would approve of paying money to protest?

From your wording... it sounds like you're saying that the TEA Partiers are not 'Americans'. Is that what you mean?

The laws have not been applied equally to the two groups. The tea party's have been discriminated against in a way that has had a negative financial impact on their groups in comparison to the OWS groups.

Tea party says cities favor Occupy protesters - Boston.com

The absense equality under the law for the two groups is the issue the teapartiers have. The inequitable treatment also bothers people who hold conservative values. It seems the liberals actually thrive on unequal treatment as of the last few decades.

There should be no special treatment for any group whether you agree with their politics or not. I'll take your word for it. But if a city or county charge $2,000 to organize a march, pay for security, etc...; it should be $2K regardless of anything else. Now, if the City/County whatever didn't put in a limit to the time they would provide security, etc... thats their own fault. I'm not sure that is what is happening or not happening. Just saying.

But yeah, OWS, TEA party, KKK, NAACP, whoever....if the price tag is $2K, they all should pay $2K.

I think they should have to pay. As should the tea party....and they didn't always pay.

But I have to laugh at these idiots posting on this thread that are always whining about permitting fees and such as being taxes designed as a way for the government to control the population. Now it's different. Somehow.

You know who you are.

The only difference is the unequal application of the law between the Tea party events and the OWS events.

For example Tea party says cities favor Occupy protesters - Boston.com

You know who you are.

Do you have proof where the tea party did not pay when they were told they had to?

If not, then I suggest you stop comparing apples to oranges.

But you will anyway for you have no morals when you debate.

I like you just a teenie bit more now :tongue:

You know who you are.

The only difference is the unequal application of the law between the Tea party events and the OWS events.

For example Tea party says cities favor Occupy protesters - Boston.com
Did you mean to post this?

As Michele Bachmann riled a group of feisty Tea Partiers to rail against taxes and government spending, taxpayers were quietly forced to pick up a $13,600 tab for their festivities.

New expense reports from last November’s Tea Party gathering in Washington, D.C. reveal that the rally comprising thousands of protesters was funded by official congressional money, according to the the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Ouch: Tea Party rally cost taxpayers almost $14,000 | The Raw Story

Forum List

Back