Should Occupy have to pay??

naturegirl

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2011
NW Georgia
The Tea Party is thinking the Occupy Protestors should have to pay for property damage, extra security, space and other expenses associated with their protests.

Since the Tea Party paid for all the permits, processed all the paper work necessary and cleaned up behind themselves, shouldn't the OWS have to as well??

I hear they are collecting quite a bit in cash donations. Seems like they could reimburse the cities for the costs.

The Tea Party is thinking the Occupy Protestors should have to pay for property damage, extra security, space and other expenses associated with their protests.

Since the Tea Party paid for all the permits, processed all the paper work necessary and cleaned up behind themselves, shouldn't the OWS have to as well??

I hear they are collecting quite a bit in cash donations. Seems like they could reimburse the cities for the costs.

I agree, they should be made to pay.

Or my other solution is take it out the city's of social services. :thup:

Pay to protest in a democracy?

The right has NO commitment to the spirit the founders built this country on.

Of course they should pay. It is a Capitalist society.

I know, they want others to pay...

Go figure?

:rofl:

Because 'protesting' costs money. The TEA Parties paid. Are the OSW in some way special that they should not be paying? Why should the taxpayer foot the bill for their 'protest'. They have the right to protest... no right to do it for free.

I spent some time with the OWS crowd here in Los Angeles. A few hours talking to folks, trying to get an idea of what they were advocating. Jury's still out.

In any case, one thing for SURE is that these folks do NOT represent the 99%; they represent the 47% who do not pay federal income taxes and therefore, the concept of paying for any of the damage they've caused, I suspect, will not compute.

Ummm other groups pay for permits why shouldn't the Occupy group have to pay?? Go ahead and try to have a party at your local park without permits and payment, see how quick you get shut down.

Because 'protesting' costs money. The TEA Parties paid. Are the OSW in some way special that they should not be paying? Why should the taxpayer foot the bill for their 'protest'. They have the right to protest... no right to do it for free.

They are the tax payer you fool

The right has NO commitment to the sprit the founders built this country on.

Most cities require a permit in an effort to help avoid traffic and crowd problems.

I understand that taking responsibility for yourself is not something liberals embrace.
Most cities also require licensing and inspections for food service operations...Regulations and LAWS I'm certain the OWS hooligans are flouting and BloomBozo is ignoring.

Every Tea Party rally has had to pay....!

You idiots would be flopping around like fish if they had pulled the shit these squatters are allowed to get away with.

Tea Partiers are law abiding citizens unlike these animals. The Squatters are hoping for a violent end to it all.....

How long are we going to have to put up with the double standard?

The right has NO commitment to the sprit the founders built this country on.

Most cities require a permit in an effort to help avoid traffic and crowd problems.

I understand that taking responsibility for yourself is not something liberals embrace.
Most cities also require licensing and inspections for food service operations...Regulations and LAWS I'm certain the OWS hooligans are flouting and BloomBozo is ignoring.

Lets not forget sanitation and health laws.

Forum List

Back