Should Obese Children Be Removed From Their Parents Care?

So whats next? if I smoke around kids, will they get taken away? if I drink will they get taken away? sheesh before you know it all the kids will be rounded up and put in government run concentration camps.

Here it is illegal to smoke in a car with children under the age of 16.

I haven't heard of any children being taken away from their homes for being racist.:confused:

There was an American Nazi couple who loved Hitler, who named their kids after Hitler and other racists, and their kids were taken from them. I think they got them back, though.

Just because a child is thin he is healthy and if the child is overweight they are unhealthy. My youngest is a bean pole but IF I let him he would eat 3 big macs in one setting. The thing is I dont let him but he is not the healthiest eater either. He will hardly eat any veggies or fruits and forget water . My oldest one is a little overweight and he eats way healthier then my youngest so you cant judge just by their looks. Do I think the government should step in ..HELL no.. They have way to much control over our lives as it is.

Like I said... I can guarantee you will gain weight eating ridiculously excessively. I'd be willing to bet you money on it. Your statement of "there is absolutely nothing that will make me gain weight" is completely ignorant on more than just a biological standpoint.

There is no possible way......

Trust me - I've tried it.... Back in 08 I did nothing but eat fast food 3-4 times a day for like 6 months and I didn't gain anything.

My dad is the same way...

Your caloric requirement is probably somewhere around 5 or 6000 in a day to gain weight. That's almost impossible if you work for a living, unless you supplement with high calorie weight gain shakes. I deal with it myself. I'd eat my 3 squared (lots of rice and potatoes) and drink a 1000 calorie shake with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and that's the only way I can gain consistent weight.

But as soon as I deviate from that, which is inevitable, I come back down to a weight that I guess is just always going to be the standard for my physiology.

I don't know how many calories I was taking in but I can give an example of a typical day.

For breakfast (if I was up early enough) I would get a "Big Breakfast" and an extra side of hashbrowns from Mac Donalds. If it was past breakfast I would get 2 double cheeseburgers, a McChicken and a large fry... For lunch/Dinner (I worked a second shift manufacturing job at this time) I would get a foot long tuna sub from Subway + chips and then when I finished my shift I would stop by Taco Bell and get the value meal with the Mexican Pizza and 2 soft tacos, then I would get an extra .99 cent beef burrito...

I don't know how many calories that is but it has to be allot...

I didn't gain weight...

I suppose some people just have their own physiology...

Last edited:
Just because a child is thin he is healthy and if the child is overweight they are unhealthy. My youngest is a bean pole but IF I let him he would eat 3 big macs in one setting. The thing is I dont let him but he is not the healthiest eater either. He will hardly eat any veggies or fruits and forget water . My oldest one is a little overweight and he eats way healthier then my youngest so you cant judge just by their looks. Do I think the government should step in ..HELL no.. They have way to much control over our lives as it is.

I've always loved fruit and veggies - even when I was a kid.

Put me in front of one of those veggie trays I will eat every last bit of it until there is no more. :lol: Whenever I go to my moms she gets mad that I eat all her pickles. She uses them for drinks I just eat them... :lol:

I would choose veggies over a Big Mac any day.. Not because veggies are healthy but because I think they taste better....

At the same time I'm a bachelor so I eat out of convenience (fast food, out of cans, microwave food etc) :lol: ....

Forum List

Back