Should Obama be sworn in on his Christian Bible

Or will that upset the atheists, pagans, wiccans, agnostics, liberals, catholics and/or Oprahians?

:eusa_shhh:But he..he...he's an Arab..right?

:wtf:

:eusa_shifty: no?

:doubt:

:cuckoo:

Whatever happened to the Koran he swore into the Senate with?
Guess that wasn't true either.
How did people come up with this shit?

Last edited:

I forgot about upsetting the Muslims... What was I thinking? Oh, and the Hindus might get mad, too.

Here's a great Christmas gift idea:

1_61_terrorist_lego3.jpg

FOXNews.com - Lego-Style Islamic Terrorist Figurine Sparks Outrage - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Honestly, if a person cannot be taken for their word without having to swear on a false idol then they are not worth the trust anyway. I don't swear on anything, when I make a promise that's it, I do it. People use the idols they swear on so they can justify breaking their word later to themselves, but they are still not honest. No, I would have absolute respect if he just stood up and said, "I promise to do the best that I can" without the need for an idol of any sort. "Let your word be true."

It's an insanity I think, but most likely just plain old ignorance. LOL Thanks for reminding us of that claim during the race, that WAS funny.

Honestly, if a person cannot be taken for their word without having to swear on a false idol then they are not worth the trust anyway. I don't swear on anything, when I make a promise that's it, I do it. People use the idols they swear on so they can justify breaking their word later to themselves, but they are still not honest. No, I would have absolute respect if he just stood up and said, "I promise to do the best that I can" without the need for an idol of any sort. "Let your word be true."

Wow, I found something I can agree with you on. I've known people to lie while "swearing on the Bible". I don't care how Obama is sworn is, as long as he's good on his pledge.

I really need to get that yawning avatar back.:eusa_eh:

Wow, I found something I can agree with you on. I've known people to lie while "swearing on the Bible". I don't care how Obama is sworn is, as long as he's good on his pledge.

Tis the beauty of rainbow colors, so many views that they do overlap in many ways.

I really need to get that yawning avatar back.:eusa_eh:

Not sure I get your joke, but perhaps then you can clarify why about 50% (most likely since one side is lying and the other telling the truth) of the christians who swear on the bible lie in court? Of course I am not talking about us who do not believe in the christian bible, but that approximation still holds well.

from wikipedia... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_office_of_the_President_of_the_United_States

The oath or affirmation of office of the President of the United States was established in the United States Constitution and is mandatory for a President upon beginning a term of office. The wording is prescribed by the Constitution (Article II, Section 1, Clause 8), as follows:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Franklin Pierce was the first president to use the word affirm rather than swear. Theodore Roosevelt did not use a Bible when taking the oath in 1901. Dwight Eisenhower, Harry Truman, and Richard Nixon swore the oath on two Bibles. John Quincy Adams swore on a book of law.[12] Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in on a Roman Catholic missal on Air Force One.

Not sure I get your joke, but perhaps then you can clarify why about 50% (most likely since one side is lying and the other telling the truth) of the christians who swear on the bible lie in court? Of course I am not talking about us who do not believe in the christian bible, but that approximation still holds well.

Methinks you are projecting a number onto Christians you pulled out of your ass.:lol:

Methinks you are projecting a number onto Christians you pulled out of your ass.:lol:

*rolls eyes* Simple math. In a two sided court case there is one side that is being honest and one that isn't, what is the percentage of that? 50%.

If the man can go to work each day, be straight forward, honest and open with his employers, the American people and perform his duties to the very best of his abilities each and every day with the interest of all American's at heart and in mind, then I am a happy camper.

I expect him to make mistakes. However, I expect him to admit them, explain them, learn from them and to correct them.

If he or any president can do that, then I cannot complain too much. I don't care what the hell he places his hand on. He can grab himself if it works for him.

I do however expect him to unconditionally live that oath while he holds that office.

If the man can go to work each day, be straight forward, honest and open with his employers, the American people and perform his duties to the very best of his abilities each and every day with the interest of all American's at heart and in mind, then I am a happy camper.

I expect him to make mistakes. However, I expect him to admit them, explain them, learn from them and to correct them.

If he or any president can do that, then I cannot complain too much. I don't care what the hell he places his hand on. He can grab himself if it works for him.

I do however expect him to unconditionally live that oath while he holds that office.

LOL, there yah go, have him swear on his bits. If he lies we chop em off.

Forum List

Back