*Should NPR Be De-Funded?*

CPB funds NPR via three revenue streams. First, CPB gives “occasional grants” to NPR, which totaled $8,015,374 since the beginning of 2009 to date ($4 million a year).

Second, Congress appropriated a special three-year, $78 million funds specifically for NPR. This funding stream gave NPR $26 million per year in 2007, 2008 and 2009.

Third, NPR member stations receive funds from a $90 million per year congressionally mandated effort to support public radio stations in the U.S. The specific percent of the $90 million that goes to NPR member stations is unclear.

GOP Ready to Probe NPR’s Federal Funding - HUMAN EVENTS

NPR fires a liberal and people want them defunded? For what? Conservative bias?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's been a waste of tax payer dollars for way too long. Wise up!

It cannot be a waste. The right have been trying to get NPR/PBS shut down for 40 years.
Anything the right fears that much has to be a good thing for the people.

btw what % of their funding is federally provided now?
I know the number has been dropping as the repubs keep chipping away at it.

I don't care if they shut down or not, but I damn sure don't want my tax dollars funding a bunch of liberal idiots. And yes it is a waste, they don't provide anything more than what any other liberal program offers. I think it's around 3.3 million dollars that the tax payers give them annually and it should be zero.

Hww many of you have every listened to Science Friday, Fresh Air, Talk of the Nation? Or Car Talk, talk of the nation, Marketplace?
NPR is quality programing, before passing judgement and simply repeating Right Wing Rhetoric, instead of staying willfully ignorant, why not open your eyes and ears and actually listen to the programing?
I don't beieve anyone of the echo chamber posting so far on this thread have ever listened to NPR, or know where on the radio dial NPR is located.
Why? Many RW fringers simply won't challegne the dogma of the right (the willfully ignorant), others are too stupid and counterpoints to what they've been told to believe make them nervous and upset. Poor RW Fringers must echo the posts of other fools, ideas scare the crap out of them.

NPR Finances

NPR is an independent, self-supporting media organization. We are also a membership organization of separately licensed and operated public radio stations across the United States.

pub_radio_rev.jpg

About NPR: Ethics Code

PBS and NPR are for intelligent people who think for themselves.
THAT is why it scares the hell out of the right.
And why the right does not understand it.

Public funding accounts for 16% of the average NPR member station's revenue.

Seems like a pretty good public investment to me.

If NPR is independent, who ordered its news division it to fire Juan Williams?

Recalling a conversation with NPR's head of news, Williams said he was told, "This has been decided up the chain.""I said, 'I don't even get the chance to come in and we do this eyeball to eyeball, person to person and have a conversation. I've been there more than 10 years. We don't have a chance to have a conversation about this.' And she said, 'There's nothing you can say that will change my mind. This has been decided above me and we're terminating your contract,'" Williams recounted to Fox News.

Sorry bout that,

1. Yes who axed Juan?
2. I want to know who punched his ticket.
3. We should pressure the CEO who did the deed, till she supplies the persons name who is, *Up The Chain*!!!
4. So we can properly thank this person!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

CPB funds NPR via three revenue streams. First, CPB gives “occasional grants” to NPR, which totaled $8,015,374 since the beginning of 2009 to date ($4 million a year).

Second, Congress appropriated a special three-year, $78 million funds specifically for NPR. This funding stream gave NPR $26 million per year in 2007, 2008 and 2009.

Third, NPR member stations receive funds from a $90 million per year congressionally mandated effort to support public radio stations in the U.S. The specific percent of the $90 million that goes to NPR member stations is unclear.

GOP Ready to Probe NPR’s Federal Funding - HUMAN EVENTS

OK - let me get this straight ... the government funds NPR in a effort to support public radio stations ... but wants conservative talk radio shut down? What we're saying here is so long as public radio espouses leftist ideals it's ok, but if those ideals are from a conservative viewpoint they should be silenced?

How much government funding is going to Fox or other conservative media outlets? I had no idea the government was funding media outlets of any kind other than PBS. Now I have yet another reason to bitch out my Congressmen.

Sorry bout that,

1. Yes who axed Juan?
2. I want to know who punched his ticket.
3. We should pressure the CEO who did the deed, till she supplies the persons name who is, *Up The Chain*!!!
4. So we can properly thank this person!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Since the "head of news" already acknowledged she was ordered to do it, journalistic integrity demands she say who that person was.

But I guess ratting out is only for other corporations.

And, yeah, they should be investigated since they get (a lot of) government cash. It's the same standard for any corporation in the same boat.

Someone should put their hands on the throat of Williams' ex-boss until she tells them who told her to fire him.

For a journalist, she's doesn't speak in measured terms.

She's already walking back the comments on his psychiatrist.

Sorry bout that,

Someone should put their hands on the throat of Williams' ex-boss until she tells them who told her to fire him.

1. Yeah she basically called Juan Williams, *A Crazy Person*, and fired him.
2. I think she has a lot of *Crow to Eat*, then a *Good Self Fire* would be in order.
3. She throwing around insults at Juan, just because he has feelings of dieing in a terrorist attack, when he see's muslims wearing those stupid skull caps.
4. I feel the same way, am I crazy too? (DONT ANSWER THAT: OFF TOPIC!) for wanting to stay alive???:confused:
5. Its a common feeling after 911, to keep your eye's on these low brow muslim bastards!
6. Anyone who is a muslim needs to be looked at with total caution, and alarm, waiting for one to stand up and say, *Allie Akbar*.
7. Then we at least try to make an effort to bash these losers to the ground for the good of everyone there who is not a terrorist, I mean muslim.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

There you go...physical violence, and on a woman no less.

HERE'S a thought. When Williams was hired, the terms of his employment included an Ethics Code. It is Juan Williams PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to read, understand and adhere to that code. If Williams violated that code, then his termination it is HIS fault.

You right wingers like to accuse liberals of victim-hood. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Why is the right so afraid of the truth that NPR provides?

And why does the right care about the part time contributor to NPR being fired?
Answer, they don't. But is is a good false outrage topic for them.

I love the way the libturds think THEY get to define the playing rules. Fuck the hell off.

I love the way the bushtards think they get to define the playing rules. Go play with your dolls.

I would prefer balanced broadcasting with tax payers money, and we aren't getting that are we? Be honest, or you will be called a liar.

Forum List

Back