Should Non-Christians Get Christmas Off?

No apology necessary, your post wasn't offensive and I can be occasionally....sensitive....on the subject (though I'm sure everyone here will leap to say I am always a shining example of all that is good, Christian, polite and thoughtful).

But seriously, I've never heard of an organization that works in the place of Christians who want to take holy days off.

Its a federal holiday so they answer is yes, Christmas isn't even really a "Christian" holiday anways, its a knock European pagan holiday created by fanatical so called "Christians".

Oh please, not this again.
And which fanatical so-called Christians stole it from the pagans? Are you talking about the church which deferred to the locals by integrating their own celebration into the church's observance of the birth of Christ?

I think it was pretty considerate of those damn fanatics.

No apology necessary, your post wasn't offensive and I can be occasionally....sensitive....on the subject (though I'm sure everyone here will leap to say I am always a shining example of all that is good, Christian, polite and thoughtful).

But seriously, I've never heard of an organization that works in the place of Christians who want to take holy days off.

Maybe it doesn't exist anymore. They made a movie about it back in the 70's or 80's. Yeah, I'm old.

Oh please, not this again.
And which fanatical so-called Christians stole it from the pagans? Are you talking about the church which deferred to the locals by integrating their own celebration into the church's observance of the birth of Christ?

I think it was pretty considerate of those damn fanatics.

Yes, those fanatical, heretical, non-scripture following Catholics who created a holiday thats not even in the Bible. Thats the truth about all of these so-called "Christian Holidays", Easter included, they're just knock off European pagan holidays. You can't mix God with pagan holidays and call it a Christian holiday. This Christian that speaks does *NOT* celebrate Christmas nor easter nor any damn so called damned "Christian holidays", God said to simply follow His and keep His Commandments, not create holidays that are basically lip service days.

Yes, those fanatical, heretical, non-scripture following Catholics who created a holiday thats not even in the Bible. Thats the truth about all of these so-called "Christian Holidays", Easter included, they're just knock off European pagan holidays. You can't mix God with pagan holidays and call it a Christian holiday. This Christian that speaks does *NOT* celebrate Christmas nor easter nor any damn so called damned "Christian holidays", God said to simply follow His and keep His Commandments, not create holidays that are basically lip service days.

*yawn*

First, the winter holiday (christmas as it is now called) has been around longer for more religions than christianity. All that's changed from the pagan roots is this jesus myth being added to it and the decorations being turned into store bought crap. Even if the jesus myth was real, wrong date, so next topic.

I loved working on that day, double pay! Oooh yeah, more money in my pocket while all the morons wasted it on a pretty lame pagan holiday anyway.

Adding some Links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus

Last edited:
Christmas' pagan origins

The Pagan origins of Easter

People need to open up their blind eyes and see the light and follow the Word of God instead of following traditions of men that have no root in God nor His Word. All of these holidays are nothing more than knock off pagan holidays that make a lot of retailers and businesses a lot of money every year. Thats why you have Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Noses reindeer, these holidays are all about making money, not about God anyways.

Jesus had no problem with people enjoying celebrations and fellowship with one another. He turned water to wine because he was at a wedding and they ran out of good wine, for Pete's sake. He wasn't a prude, and he doesn't expect us to be, either.

If you enjoy it, if you don't put holly wreaths on your head and dance around nekkid under the moon, I really don't think God gives a crap if we celebrate the birth of his son with gift giving, church services, and a good meal. Get over it.

Doesn't make the holiday as new as your religion. Xmas is a mixed holiday of a LOT of pagan beliefs, and a few other organized religions including christianity. It's older than the bibull, older than this jesus person, and older than your beliefs.

Yawn? Its the truth, read it and weep ignoramus, that is exactly what these "Christian" holidays are a celebration of lies, its sad and stupid to see that most of the world is easily duped and misled by a bunch of Catholic created lies.

Actually, the reason that the christian churches and different christian cults embraced these holidays was a failed attempt to trick pagans and other religious followers into denouncing their beliefs for the christian ones. The holidays themselves are not the lie, it's the origins that are often lied about. These holidays are older than even civilized society.

Jesus had no problem with people enjoying celebrations and fellowship with one another. He turned water to wine because he was at a wedding and they ran out of good wine, for Pete's sake. He wasn't a prude, and he doesn't expect us to be, either.

If you enjoy it, if you don't put holly wreaths on your head and dance around nekkid under the moon, I really don't think God gives a crap if we celebrate the birth of his son with gift giving, church services, and a good meal. Get over it.

Bottom line, in no place in the Bible does it ever command Christians to celebrate Christmas and Easter, it encourages and commands Christians to avoid the doctrines and traditions of men and only to do the Will of God by keeping His commandments. We celebrate Jesus every Sunday by remembering His death everytime we partake of Communion and singing His praises through hyms and songs, the rest of those manmade holidays is just a high profile, fanatical religious pony show.

Actually, I don't think God even cares if we dance around "nekkid". After all, that is the way we are born.

:eusa_whistle:

it was never organized....pagans, jews, buddist etc would work the holy days of christians in return for the same respect. where i work now....we just try to make sure the people with wee ones who do christmas get the day off.

Do they celebrate Christmas in Russia? or China? I think Russia does.. so we might still get the day off,, but China? not so much!

China, most of Europe, and even Africa celebrate christmas, just some places have other names for it. Again, this holiday is older than even civilized society.

Forum List

Back