Should Muslims be given an out?

R

rdean

Some wonder if Muslims should be given an "out" so they don't have to go overseas and fight other Muslims.

First, I think they have been using DADT to "get out". I find it hard to believe that suddenly, there are dozens of "gay" Arabic translators. Doesn't seem "believable".

When I pointed out that the 12 thousand GI's discharged under DADT seems awfully high. When I was in the service, I knew two guys who were most definitely NOT gay, but said they were to get out - and they were let out.

One person wrote that a woman who was kicked out for being gay, showed up with her "boyfriend" to help carry her stuff.

Several wrote that if the person was such a coward that they would say they were gay just to get out, then good riddance.

So the question I have, "If someone could just "lie" and say they were gay to get out, why not just let them out?

If gays are let out, why not Muslims?"

FOXNews.com - House Members Seek Hearings on Dismissed Gay Arab Linguists - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Military Soft On Don't Ask, Don't Tell? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

My personal feeling is that we should bring back the draft and screw the deferments, but that's just my personal feelings.

Once again, it's like you're speaking a foreign language, but I think if a Muslim wants out, let him the fuck out. So I think we agree. But I'm not sure.

If they signed on the dotted line they know full well what that entails, no out, if they don't want it they can not re-enlist or sign up in the first place PERIOD.

Our Military is not built on "Oh I really don't like to fight in this war because I share a common factor with them". BULL CRAP...They have two choices, don't sign up for the military in the first place or if already in the military go to their supervisor/commander and let them know. I'm sure we can help them with a fast exit from the Military!

Our Military is not built on "Oh I really don't like to fight in this war because I share a common factor with them". BULL CRAP...They have two choices, don't sign up for the military in the first place or if already in the military go to their supervisor/commander and let them know. I'm sure we can help them with a fast exit from the Military!

So is it OK if they say they are "gay" to get out? I believe that happens all the time.

No, they shouldn't. Everyone in the military has either enlisted or reenlisted once since 9/11.

Once again, it's like you're speaking a foreign language, but I think if a Muslim wants out, let him the fuck out. So I think we agree. But I'm not sure.

It is a foreign language to some. Complete sentences, spell check, no swearing. It's called "English".

Most of those on the right speak "Simple". Because they are "Simpletons" from the land of "Simple". It's one of the reasons they are able to answer everything in one of two ways. Right or wrong. Black or white. Good or bad. Their lives are "line art". No shades of gray.

It might be a good idea to let the Muslims out. As long as the news shows Americans firing on Muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan, and in Africa, then people will perceive these altercations as "religious" in nature. We know the US is supposed to be going after al Qaeda, but Iraq changed all that. There was no al Qaeda in Iraq until we let them in.

So is it OK if they say they are "gay" to get out? I believe that happens all the time.
Being gay doesn't equate to being deployed to fight in a war that you knew you would be called upon doing. You compare apples to oranges.

When our Military tales up arms fighting a bunch of GAYS in a war then we can re-address your point. *rolls eyes*

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

In my (honest) opinion, Moslem candidates for the military should have to go through a rigiorous screening process, with heightened scrutiny to *any* religious issues that might make their hitch in the military difficult to impossible to complete on a personal level.

I used to say just ban them all outright---because that's the easiest way to ensure that the so-called "adverse event" Hassan created last week can't be repeated. But I changed my mind....because not all Moslems should be punished for the sins of the few.

On the other hand, Moslems should understand the additional scrutiny and not scream "racism" or "discrimination" if they are subjected to heightened scrutiny in the screening process. While being Moslem shouldn't autmatically mean the candidate is "4-F" (for lack of a better term), it also shouldn't be overlooked for the sake of expediency, political correctness or overzealous determination to look the other way where it concerns all things Moslem.

Just my honest opinion.

What Terry said too! :D

In my (honest) opinion, Moslem candidates for the military should have to go through a rigiorous screening process, with heightened scrutiny to *any* religious issues that might make their hitch in the military difficult to impossible to complete on a personal level.

I used to say just ban them all outright---because that's the easiest way to ensure that the so-called "adverse event" Hassan created last week can't be repeated. But I changed my mind....because not all Moslems should be punished for the sins of the few.

On the other hand, Moslems should understand the additional scrutiny and not scream "racism" or "discrimination" if they are subjected to heightened scrutiny in the screening process. While being Moslem shouldn't autmatically mean the candidate is "4-F" (for lack of a better term), it also shouldn't be overlooked for the sake of expediency, political correctness or overzealous determination to look the other way where it concerns all things Moslem.

Just my honest opinion.
""""""""""First of all, what the hell is a moslem? If you can answer this then your message on this board might actually stand for something. Ever think peeeple like yuu might just be the problem with the United States of America and what it stands for? How do you think you can get off telling others who you don't understand(muchless spell correctly)how to live their lives and that they shouldn't question scrutiny or racism in the process of screening? Seems to me more people like yourself need to go back to class and learn what the fuck your talking about.""""""""""

Last edited:
I saw this coming a long time ago.

I warned everyone.

No one would listen to me.

All psychologists are fucking nuts.

The only reason they go into it is to find out what is wrong with them.

""""""""""First of all, what the hell is a moslem? If you can answer this then your message on this board might actually stand for something.

The dictionary is your friend.

Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

ww.m-w.com

Look it up. I don't need to do the work for you, lazy ass.

Ever think peeeple like yuu might just be the problem with the United States of America and what it stands for? How do you think you can get off telling others who you don't understand(muchless spell correctly)how to live their lives and that they shouldn't question scrutiny or racism in the process of screening? Seems to me more people like yourself need to go back to class and learn what the fuck your talking about.""""""""""

The fucking word IS spelled correctly, fuckwit. I can't help it if you are too mentally handicapped to use a dictionary. THAT is your problem, not mine.

It would seem that YOU are the one who should be attending class--regularly--since you managed to skip starting in PreK-4 all the way through grade 12.

ETA: Since when did Islam become a "race"? :lol:

Explain that to me and your post might stand for something on thsi message board. Dumbass. :woohoo:

Fuckwit. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Unbelievable. We have an ALL VOLUNTEER military. And have had so since 1974. No one forced anyone to join the military. Further we have been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001 ( Afghanistan) and 2003 ( Iraq) it is now almost 2010. No one is still in that has not recently joined or reenlisted.

NO ONE in the military has any excuse for a get out of serving card. They all VOLUNTEERED to join. They all VOLUNTEERED to join KNOWING we were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. KNOWING they would be sent there more likely then not.

Ya anyone that wants out should refuse to deploy and do the jail time for that military criminal offense. NO ONE deserves a get out of deployment card. FOR ANY REASON that is not already spelled out in the UCMJ and military manuals.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Unbelievable. We have an ALL VOLUNTEER military. And have had so since 1974. No one forced anyone to join the military. Further we have been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001 ( Afghanistan) and 2003 ( Iraq) it is now almost 2010. No one is still in that has not recently joined or reenlisted.

NO ONE in the military has any excuse for a get out of serving card. They all VOLUNTEERED to join. They all VOLUNTEERED to join KNOWING we were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. KNOWING they would be sent there more likely then not.

Ya anyone that wants out should refuse to deploy and do the jail time for that military criminal offense. NO ONE deserves a get out of deployment card. FOR ANY REASON that is not already spelled out in the UCMJ and military manuals.

Then you are saying that DADT shoud be dropped? 12 THOUSAND soldiers kicked out for being gay? Find it hard to believe that many could be "discovered"? I believe it's being used by cowards hiding (pardon the expression) behind the gays.

Can officers really get out if they want to?

Tours have been forced over and over again by people past their time of enlistment. That has been a complaint since Rumsfield.

People enlisted to go to Iraq because,
1. Iraq's involvement with 9/11
2. Iraq's WMDs threatened the US

If both proved to be lies, is the military contract "void"?

Doesn't seem so "cut and dry".

Then you are saying that DADT shoud be dropped? 12 THOUSAND soldiers kicked out for being gay? Find it hard to believe that many could be "discovered"? I believe it's being used by cowards hiding (pardon the expression) behind the gays.

Can officers really get out if they want to?

Tours have been forced over and over again by people past their time of enlistment. That has been a complaint since Rumsfield.

People enlisted to go to Iraq because,
1. Iraq's involvement with 9/11
2. Iraq's WMDs threatened the US

If both proved to be lies, is the military contract "void"?

Doesn't seem so "cut and dry".

Your point is meaningless. Your thread is bullshit. They all volunteered, they deserve no out. Further they have no legal standing to even ASK for a way out. LET ME REPEAT for you, Islam does NOT forbid one Muslim from fighting another Muslim. There is no basis in fact for you to want them to be forgiven their contracts.

Ohh and dumb ass? No one signed a Contract just to fight in Iraq. Further no one claimed Iraq had anything to do with 9/11 EXCEPT you Liberal dumb asses. And there is ample proof that Saddam Hussein was paying to have France, China and Russia lift sanctions and that as soon as those were gone he would return to mass production of Biological and Chemical research and weapons as well as Nuclear research in an attempt to get the bomb.

Just my honest opinion.
""""""""""First of all, what the hell is a moslem? If you can answer this then your message on this board might actually stand for something. Ever think peeeple like yuu might just be the problem with the United States of America and what it stands for? How do you think you can get off telling others who you don't understand(muchless spell correctly)how to live their lives and that they shouldn't question scrutiny or racism in the process of screening? Seems to me more people like yourself need to go back to class and learn what the fuck your talking about.""""""""""
Pot meet Kettle :lol:

Forum List

Back