Should Mitt Romney emphasize his Mexican heritage for the Hispanic vote?

What the hell does born there even matter if you're going to exclude Mexican parents, Spanish as first language, indigenous Mexican ancestry. You're an idiot. What does it take to be a Mexican huh? Do both your parents have to be Mexican? Do you have to have ONLY Mexican ancestry in your family? do you have to have lived there all of your life? His ENTIRE fucking family on his dads side lives in Mexico and are Mexicans. But he's not a Mexican though, right? Fucking moron.

Calm down, first of all.

Second, the means why which people identify themselves nationality/citizenship wise are varied and often complex, and there's no checklist that will ever suffice to answer your questions. Valid points for consideration, but there's no magical black-and-white answer. However, you still seem to be confusing the concept of being X by nationality or citizenship, and being Hispanic. As I said before, even if two Caucasian Americans went to Japan and had a child together, their child would not be Japanese by ethnicity, regardless of how that child might end up identifying from a nationalism point of view. There is a difference between the two, and even if someone has a family ancestry that go back a few generations in Mexico, they are not Hispanic if that ancestry does not include Hispanic roots.

You'd be the first to call a brown skinned Latino on the street a Mexican even if they were a fucking Honduran or Guatemalan.

I wonder what the chances are that you might see a blond haired and blue eyed family and expect them to Hispanics from Mexico. Probably would think they're white Americans, right? Bet you didn't know that there are many Mexicans who are Hispanic and with fair skin, blond hair, and blue eyes.
They are an obscene minority.

But as far as HISPANICS (such as people from Argentina or Brazil) there are many who are blond hair and blue eyed.

What the hell does born there even matter if you're going to exclude Mexican parents, Spanish as first language, indigenous Mexican ancestry. You're an idiot. What does it take to be a Mexican huh? Do both your parents have to be Mexican? Do you have to have ONLY Mexican ancestry in your family? do you have to have lived there all of your life? His ENTIRE fucking family on his dads side lives in Mexico and are Mexicans. But he's not a Mexican though, right? Fucking moron.

Calm down, first of all.

Second, the means why which people identify themselves nationality/citizenship wise are varied and often complex, and there's no checklist that will ever suffice to answer your questions. Valid points for consideration, but there's no magical black-and-white answer. However, you still seem to be confusing the concept of being X by nationality or citizenship, and being Hispanic. As I said before, even if two Caucasian Americans went to Japan and had a child together, their child would not be Japanese by ethnicity, regardless of how that child might end up identifying from a nationalism point of view. There is a difference between the two, and even if someone has a family ancestry that go back a few generations in Mexico, they are not Hispanic if that ancestry does not include Hispanic roots.

By the very definition of Hispanic for both Spain and the United States, Louis CK is a Hispanic. Hispanic isn't even what is at question here anyway. Louis CK wasn't born to two Caucasian Americans... he was born to an American mother and a Mexican father... of father who himself had a Hungarian father and a Mexican mother.

And Louis CK's family DOES include Hispanic roots! And not just from Mexico, but from SPAIN as well... which is where the whole origin of Hispanic comes from. His grandmother has both Mexican and Spanish ancestry.

So what are you talking about Hispanic roots, as if he does not have any?

I wonder what the chances are that you might see a blond haired and blue eyed family and expect them to Hispanics from Mexico. Probably would think they're white Americans, right? Bet you didn't know that there are many Mexicans who are Hispanic and with fair skin, blond hair, and blue eyes.

What do you think my whole damn point is? There are tons of white Mexicans living both in America and in Mexico.

It is amazing that Mitt Romneys father George Romney ran for president in 1968 and none of the Republicans asked for his birth certificate

It is amazing that Mitt Romneys father George Romney ran for president in 1968 and none of the Republicans asked for his birth certificate

If he had been, he would have produced a perfectly legitimate American birth certificate. Was he ever naturalized as an American citizen? No. He didn't need to be either.

If he had been, he would have produced a perfectly legitimate American birth certificate. Was he ever naturalized as an American citizen? No. He didn't need to be either.

He was born in Mexico and is not a natural born citizen

But I guess it doesn't matter if you run as a republican

Actually, he was born of American citizens abroad, kinda like McCain.......

George Wilcken Romney (July 8, 1907 – July 26, 1995) was an American businessman and Republican Party politician. He was chairman and CEO of American Motors Corporation from 1954 to 1962, the 43rd Governor of Michigan from 1963 to 1969, and the United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development from 1969 to 1973. He is the father of former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney and the husband of former Michigan U.S. Senate candidate Lenore Romney.

Romney was born to American parents in the Mormon colonies in Mexico; events during the Mexican Revolution forced his family to flee back to the United States when he was a child. The family lived in several states and ended up in Salt Lake City, Utah, where they struggled during the Great Depression. Romney worked in a number of jobs, served as a Mormon missionary in England and Scotland, and attended two universities in the U.S. but did not graduate from either. In 1939 he moved to Detroit and joined the American Automobile Manufacturers Association, where he served as the chief spokesperson for the automobile industry during World War II and headed a cooperative arrangement in which companies could share production improvements. He joined Nash-Kelvinator in 1948, and became chairman and CEO of its successor, American Motors Corporation in 1954. There he turned around the struggling firm by focusing all efforts on the smaller Rambler car. Romney mocked the products of the "Big Three" automakers as "gas-guzzling dinosaurs" and became one of the first high-profile, media-savvy business executives. Devoutly religious, Romney presided over the Detroit Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

George W. Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are one ignorant shit.

You are one ignorant shit.

I guess birth certificates are only required if you are black

Hey RW...........he's as much of a natural American citizen as McCain was. Romney was born to AMERICAN parents at a Mormon sanctuary in Mexico, so yeah.........just like McCain was considered to be a natural born citizen, so was Romney.

See post 87.

Last edited:
Do you think that if you say "birth certificate" often enough it will distract from your fuck-up over what 'natural-born citizen' means? It won't.

Do you think that if you say "birth certificate" often enough it will distract from your fuck-up over what 'natural-born citizen' means? It won't.

Natural born means born in the US.......not Mexico

Ok apparently Mitt Romney's father was born in Mexico, according to Mexican law that gives Mitt Romney the option to claim dual citizenship with Mexico if he pleases. Should Romney mention this in his campaign to try and swing some Hispanic votes his way? I haven't really heard him mention it yet.

Should Mitt Romney emphasize his Mexican heritage for the Hispanic vote?

Why not...His Morman heritage isn't doing anything for him.

Ok apparently Mitt Romney's father was born in Mexico, according to Mexican law that gives Mitt Romney the option to claim dual citizenship with Mexico if he pleases. Should Romney mention this in his campaign to try and swing some Hispanic votes his way? I haven't really heard him mention it yet.

If he can emphasize his Mexican heritage, I'm allowed to emphasize my Cherokee Heritage.

Go for it. :thup:

Forum List

Back