Should Mitt Romney emphasize his Mexican heritage for the Hispanic vote?

I'm not saying you are wrong but how does one become a "legit" Mexican than? there are Blacks that live in Mexico now, descendants of free slaves that moved there, and there are whites who are born and lived in Mexico their whole lives, as well as numerous Arabs like Carlos Slim who's parents are Lebanese, are they not "real" Mexicans? not every Mexican is a Meztizo btw.

There is a difference between someone who is Mexican by nationality, and someone who is Hispanic by ethnicity. Hispanic, of course, covers more than one country, but that's probably aside from the issue. The point is that Romney's ancestry doesn't contain any Hispanic members. Calling him Hispanic would be like two white Americans moving to Japan, having a baby, then moving back and calling their child ethnically Japanese.

Just read about this on a CNN Op-Ed. The guy is saying Romney could be the first Hispanic President. I don't think Romney should try to push this. Romney is not Hispanic. His great-grandfather was an an illegal American immigrant to Mexico, and never gained citizenship. Romney doesn't have a drop of Hispanic blood in his veins. His great-grandparents were US natives. His grandparents were US natives. His father was an American born abroad, who grew up most of his life in the US. His mother was a US native. Romney is NOT Hispanic, and any attempt to cast himself as such will only make himself out to be a flaming liar.

An American Mormon colony in Mexico... man. Yeah, dude is totally white American without any hispanic blood in him.

This dude on the other hand... WHITER than Romney... but an actual native Mexican by birth and blood and language and citizenship.

MIZsX.png

The Romneys fled to Mexico to escape prosecution for bigamy, which had recently become illegal in the USA.

Willard speaks fluent French. Someone asked him if he could say, "let them eat cake", in French, to which he replied, "I can but I won't". That's all he'd need to cement his image as an elitist.

The only problem you guys have is it's only an image. The evidence doesn't at all support your claim that he's an elitist.

Ok apparently Mitt Romney's father was born in Mexico, according to Mexican law that gives Mitt Romney the option to claim dual citizenship with Mexico if he pleases. Should Romney mention this in his campaign to try and swing some Hispanic votes his way? I haven't really heard him mention it yet.

HG.....Mexicans dont give a shit if his dad was born there.....if the guy aint a Mexican....the Mexicans will just laugh at him....

Just read about this on a CNN Op-Ed. The guy is saying Romney could be the first Hispanic President. I don't think Romney should try to push this. Romney is not Hispanic. His great-grandfather was an an illegal American immigrant to Mexico, and never gained citizenship. Romney doesn't have a drop of Hispanic blood in his veins. His great-grandparents were US natives. His grandparents were US natives. His father was an American born abroad, who grew up most of his life in the US. His mother was a US native. Romney is NOT Hispanic, and any attempt to cast himself as such will only make himself out to be a flaming liar.

An American Mormon colony in Mexico... man. Yeah, dude is totally white American without any hispanic blood in him.

This dude on the other hand... WHITER than Romney... but an actual native Mexican by birth and blood and language and citizenship.

MIZsX.png

Louis CK was born in Washington DC.....his real name is Louis Szekely.....his mother is Irish....his dad was born there but is Hungarian......Louie lived there for 7 years......he still has Mexican Citizenship.....now do you wanna still say this guy is a pure bred Mexican?....

Last edited:
Ok apparently Mitt Romney's father was born in Mexico, according to Mexican law that gives Mitt Romney the option to claim dual citizenship with Mexico if he pleases. Should Romney mention this in his campaign to try and swing some Hispanic votes his way? I haven't really heard him mention it yet.

HG.....Mexicans dont give a shit if his dad was born there.....if the guy aint a Mexican....the Mexicans will just laugh at him....

You have a point there.

He should show his birth certificate!

My last name sounds hispanic...now that I know Romney's dad is from mexico I will no longer speak out against him but support him in racial solidarity

Ok well it won't change my voting or behavior at all but I'm still glad you made the thread

Romney is Hispanic

Uh....are you joking?

Not at all. My brazian friends always joke about "If I marry their (insert person here) then they would still have an hispanic last name" My name means the same thing In spanish, creole, italian, portugese, and a few others I think.

And no I'm not posting my last name publicly on the forum :lol:

I understand why you asked that in light of my attitude in this thread so far :razz:

Oh and since my last name sounds hispanic, and you questioned it, you are an anti-hispanic racist (joke duh)

Last edited:

Yeah no shit.

He should, and he should make a big deal of it too to both get all the birthers on his side and to fire up all the birther haters :razz:

He should, and he should make a big deal of it too to both get all the birthers on his side and to fire up all the birther haters :razz:

LMAO!:lol:

MIZsX.png

Louis CK was born in Washington DC.....his real name is Louis Szekely.....his mother is Irish....his dad was born there but is Hungarian......Louie lived there for 7 years......he still has Mexican Citizenship.....now do you wanna still say this guy is a pure bred Mexican?....

Oh right... I forgot he was born in the States. Woops, my bad. But he did live in Mexico for much of his early life and Spanish is his first Language.

His father may be Hungarian, but Louis CK has actual Indigenous Mexican blood in him from his Grandmother.

Most of his cousins look nothing like him skin color wise. They look like Indigenous Mexicans.

The guy is pretty authentically Mexican, yes.

Oh right... I forgot he was born in the States. Woops, my bad. But he did live in Mexico for much of his early life and Spanish is his first Language.

His father may be Hungarian, but Louis CK has actual Indigenous Mexican blood in him from his Grandmother.

Most of his cousins look nothing like him skin color wise. They look like Indigenous Mexicans.

yea he is an Authentic Mexican......:eusa_eh:......the guy who lives next door to me is an AUTHENTIC Mexican.......Louis CK spent 7 years there and has what......a few drops of Mexican Blood in him......that does not make him a AUTHENTIC Mexican.....

Romney doesn't have dual heritage because his father was not a mexican citizen.

yea he is an Authentic Mexican......:eusa_eh:......the guy who lives next door to me is an AUTHENTIC Mexican.......Louis CK spent 7 years there and has what......a few drops of Mexican Blood in him......that does not make him a AUTHENTIC Mexican.....

A few drops of Mexican Blood?

And sure it does. Dude's entire family is from Mexico, his first language is Spanish, his lineage is Hungarian and Indigenous Mexican only as far back as his grandparents. That makes him pretty genuinely Mexican in my book.

What's your definition of authentic Mexican hombre?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back