Should military service be a pre-req for the Presidency?

If Republicans had therir way the following criteria would have to be met by Law before anyone could be President:

Must be:

* Born in the USA (aka Bruce S.)
* Male
* White
* Married (perferable once to a woman)
* over age 60
* Born again Christian
* Wealthy
* Former General in the Armed Forces (or equivalent)
* opposed to equal minority rights
* opposed to advanced Medical research

This would be the minimum reuqirement to be President of the "Republican" States

We could require that he be a three-toed sloth, and it would STILL be better than living in Canada. What's the matter? Did INS turn down your application again? Your liver-eating envy is palpable.

I love it when you people resort to quoting Ronald Reagan, I mean that guy left the economy in jsut about the same shape as Bush, Junior did. You reall y are pathetic.....................

As opposed to someone who has to resort to being pointlessly offensive to people who view him as an object of ridicule and derision just to get some attention? I can only imagine how sad and lonely your life is if your posts are an indication of what you consider a valuable use of your time.

Truth is offensive ?

I am not sure. Why don't you try telling it and we'll find out.

Elvis,

I speak the truth from a Liberal perspective. We are broad minded intelligent people who believe in equality for all mankind. Our ideals differ fom the Conservatives because we are compassionate people. We can't and won't change.

Truth is offensive ?

Elvis,

I speak the truth from a Liberal perspective. We are broad minded intelligent people who believe in equality for all mankind. Our ideals differ fom the Conservatives because we are compassionate people. We can't and won't change.

you don't think there are any compassionate conservatives? Fuck you dickmouth.

Truth is offensive ?

Elvis,

I speak the truth from a Liberal perspective. We are broad minded intelligent people who believe in equality for all mankind. Our ideals differ from the Conservatives because we are compassionate people. We can't and won't change.

First you and many unjustly and inaccurately define your liberal beliefs (JFK was liberal and conservative),as many on this site do the same with Conservative beliefs..there are plenty of stupid people on both teams. And to say you are not willing to change must reflect your age as this is a very immature statement.

Remember liberals are for change, does this mean everyone should change and not them,also immature.. Real Change can only come with respect and honest negotiations. Their are times to be liberal
and also times to be conservative--its extremist that cause trouble.

Truth is offensive ?

You wouldn't know the truth if it crawled up your pants leg and bit you on one of the shriveled raisins you call testicles, so spare me your pretense that the bile you spew is anything more than a sad attempt to get people to validate your existence by noticing it.

Truth is offensive ?

Elvis,

Truth from a liberal perspective = complete, utter, self-serving, agenda-driven bullshit pulled from someone's ass.

I'd be mightily surprised, by the way, if there were any liberals who weren't Ignore Bait and wanted to be lumped into any "we" with Yukon.

Ive never met a Conservative in my life that I could say is really compassionate towards all people regardless of race, creed, religion, or place of origin. They just do not exist sad to say.

Ive never met a Conservative in my life that I could say is really compassionate towards all people regardless of race, creed, religion, or place of origin. They just do not exist sad to say.

I have met many, both liberal and conservative. To say that they do not exist based solely on a political generalization is just crass.

Perhaps you should consider the likelihood that you haven't met any of them because truly decent, intelligent people don't associate with the likes of you. God knows, I'd sooner try to have a sensible conversation with a homeless crack addict, because his point of view would still be brighter than yours.

But it's good to know that you stand in evidence that our immigration policies aren't a TOTAL failure, since you're still in Canada.

By military service do you mean actually serving in a combat zone or just being in the military?

If it's the first one then we'd have to keep going to wars to produce presidents.
if it's the second one then I fail to see the point. Being a soldier or a grunt does not make you a good general.

Last edited:

You ought to get out more and meet people. you just might discover that there are plenty of compassionate people all around you. And you will probably also find, much to your surprise, that there are quite a few that don't share your political "perspective".

As for your broad sweeping statement that ALL liberals are compassionate towards all races, creeds and religions, well, I would point you toward a few on this very board that have said VERY hateful, non-compassionate things about others religious beliefs and are PROUD to claim that they are liberals. Maybe you should read all the posts before you make such an incredibly stupid statement.

You ought to get out more and meet people. you just might discover that there are plenty of compassionate people all around you. And you will probably also find, much to your surprise, that there are quite a few that don't share your political "perspective".

As for your broad sweeping statement that ALL liberals are compassionate towards all races, creeds and religions, well, I would point you toward a few on this very board that have said VERY hateful, non-compassionate things about others religious beliefs and are PROUD to claim that they are liberals. Maybe you should read all the posts before you make such an incredibly stupid statement.

If they said hateful things and are really Liberals then they were probably joking. If they meant what they said they are not LIBERALS - they come from the "dark side" of the political spectrum.

Forum List

Back