Should military service be a pre-req for the Presidency?

Truth your very very scared to be in the military..Way it is, ask any combat vet -- the scared ones die first..

You're right. That's why I didn't join.

Do you have a problem with that?

Are you a combat vet? Seems like you have a chip on your shoulder thinking that you are something special while everone else that wasn't in the military is shit.

I thank you for your service to our country. Now get over it.

Yes I'm a vietnam combat vet 67,68 review history and find out what period that is oh I forgot they don't teach history in school only negative politics.
And they way myself and other Vets were treated by the likes of Bill and Hillary I will never get over..Have for sons who will never serve in the military till everyone has to,so the only way someone like you
will understand what I say is if the next enemy marches up your driveway..Don't worry to much though my boys will be there to stop
the enemy for you but only when the enemy is here on American soil
I only hope it is a foreign and not domestic enemy.

Truth your very very scared to be in the military..Way it is, ask any combat vet -- the scared ones die first..

Are you a combat vet? Seems like you have a chip on your shoulder thinking that you are something special while everone else that wasn't in the military is shit.

Yes I'm a vietnam combat vet 67,68 review history and find out what period that is oh I forgot they don't teach history in school only negative politics.
And they way myself and other Vets were treated by the likes of Bill and Hillary I will never get over..

As I said, thank you for your service. I was not alive in 67-68, so I had nothing to do with the politics of the time. But clearly, the way you were treated left you jaded.

Have for sons who will never serve in the military till everyone has to,so the only way someone like you
will understand what I say is if the next enemy marches up your driveway..Don't worry to much though my boys will be there to stop

"someone like me" - I wonder what that means?

Does it mean a law-abiding American who works to save lives?

Or does it mean a coward who would never make it in the military?

I'm just trying to make sense of your words.

And they way myself and other Vets were treated by the likes of Bill and Hillary I will never get over..

As I said, thank you for your service. I was not alive in 67-68, so I had nothing to do with the politics of the time. But clearly, the way you were treated left you jaded.

Have for sons who will never serve in the military till everyone has to,so the only way someone like you

Does it mean a law-abiding American who works to save lives?

Or does it mean a coward who would never make it in the military?

I'm just trying to make sense of your words.

1. means I believe that you are a extreme leftist who has been damaged by the one sided idea (you learned in public schools) that conservitaves are terrable evil people. ( I gave $2,000.00 to a childes foundation last month yes I'm conserveative)

2. I do believe you are a law abiding person (except for smoking pot)
I'm probably the only Vietnam Vet you ever heard of that did not smoke pot. Was a drinker...
3.Give up some of your wimpy ideas as to how evil guns are and learn to take less from the system and give more of yourself to people and a coward you will not be.
4. Do you not know what Democratic person said ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country...
Hope you know who without asking mom or dad--

next war on our soil then you will understand what freedom is ...or lack of

so no american born after the civil war understands what freedom is? :confused:

The only people who understand what freedom is are those that have been imprisoned and then the conviction is overturned, people that have been held hostage, or refugees that have emigrated from a country with an oppressive government.

The only people who understand what freedom is are those that have been imprisoned and then the conviction is overturned, people that have been held hostage, or refugees that have emigrated from a country with an oppressive government.

Got it all wrong kid freedom has to be fought for, not escaped from or let out of prison. Like most young people you take freedom for granted and have trouble with the idea that war is why you are free.

i think what youre trying to say is that americans do not know what oppression is. we obviously know what freedom is because we have been born into it. we probably would appreciate it more if we had to deal with the absence of said freedom, but fully appreciating and knowing are very different things.

Last edited:
Busars your Madison Quote Say's allot.. We loose a little freedom every day under the idea of being good for the people Bullshit we have our Lenin's, Castro's,Hitlers,Marxists right here.. The evil politicians take our freedom's everyday POINT Colleges preach one sided politics all the time without considering the other sided, this is a breach of our freedom,Speech for, one but you get the idea,oh talk about brainwashed,college girls are really brainwashed,no soldier is that brainwashed.

Should military service be a pre-req for the Presidency?

No.

No one can really be well-experienced in every aspect of what a POTUS has to deal with; that's why there's a cabinet and chiefs of staff and such.

I think it was wise for the founders to set so few requirements for the presidency. Let the voters decide what requirements are necessary according to the state of affairs at the time.

Good judgement is the paramount virtue for a presidential candidate. That's hard to pin down as a checkable requirement, and in particular its presence or absence has no necessary connection to military service.

Listen, Gramps! And listen good while I school you about me!

1. means I believe that you are a extreme leftist who has been damaged by the one sided idea (you learned in public schools) that conservitaves are terrable evil people. ( I gave $2,000.00 to a childes foundation last month yes I'm conserveative)

You are wrong. You don't know anything about me. I'm not a leftist, and I do not have the idea (nor was I taught in school) that conservatives are terrible or evil.

However, if I have that opinion now, you can rest assured it is because of the way you talk to me.

2. I do believe you are a law abiding person (except for smoking pot)
I'm probably the only Vietnam Vet you ever heard of that did not smoke pot. Was a drinker...

I don't smoke pot and have never smoked pot. I've never smoked cigarettes. I've never drank heavily, and I've never done any drugs. And I commend you for quitting drinking.

3.Give up some of your wimpy ideas as to how evil guns are...

If you can find the link where I said that guns are evil? If you can, I'll give you a gold star.

...and learn to take less from the system and give more of yourself to people and a coward you will not be.

Have you ever told someone that they have cancer and that they are going to die? That takes courage.

4. Do you not know what Democratic person said ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country...Hope you know who without asking mom or dad--

What do I have to do for my country in order to satisfy you? Is military service the only way that I can "do for my country"? Or can I be a rural physician and offer preventive care to people in need?

I hope that was helpful. I feel bad for you. With your (lack of) skills at reading people and your absence of tact, I'm sure you have a very limited number of friends.

Listen, Gramps! And listen good while I school you about me!

1. means I believe that you are a extreme leftist who has been damaged by the one sided idea (you learned in public schools) that Conservatives are terrible evil people. ( I gave $2,000.00 to a childes foundation last month yes I'm Conservative)

You are wrong. You don't know anything about me. I'm not a leftist, and I do not have the idea (nor was I taught in school) that conservatives are terrible or evil.

However, if I have that opinion now, you can rest assured it is because of the way you talk to me.

I don't smoke pot and have never smoked pot. I've never smoked cigarettes. I've never drank heavily, and I've never done any drugs. And I commend you for quitting drinking.

If you can find the link where I said that guns are evil? If you can, I'll give you a gold star.

...and learn to take less from the system and give more of yourself to people and a coward you will not be.

Have you ever told someone that they have cancer and that they are going to die? That takes courage.

4. Do you not know what Democratic person said ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country...Hope you know who without asking mom or dad--

What do I have to do for my country in order to satisfy you? Is military service the only way that I can "do for my country"? Or can I be a rural physician and offer preventive care to people in need?

I hope that was helpful. I feel bad for you. With your (lack of) skills at reading people and your absence of tact, I'm sure you have a very limited number of friends.

Lets see your female maybe gay. (don't care just think this is true)
Between 22 and 29 maybe nurse or assistant at some doc's office.
Probably if you never vote again you will satisfy me.
I'm and elected official in a national organization and am very generous.(yes according to the Messiah rich) and I'm the guy who buys all the girl scout cookies and gives them to my grand children.

And because of the way I talked to you changes you opinion you are either very weak or full of shit.
Guns how do you feel about them???

Told my 9 year old son his mother died, courage,guess so.

So what about my ??? ask you parents
Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country...Hint his brother is a asshole senator.

Your propensity to be incorrect is Terral-like!

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

And I plan to vote again, if for no other reason then to piss you off.

I'm and elected official in a national organization and am very generous.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

(yes according to the Messiah rich) and I'm the guy who buys all the girl scout cookies and gives them to my grand children.

(Don't you just love people who brag about their generosity :eusa_clap:)

And because of the way I talked to you changes you opinion you are either very weak or full of shit.

Actually, I'm full of shit. I knew you were an asshole after I read your first post.

Guns how do you feel about them???

I don't have any problems with them. I don't own any, but I don't care if you do. Just don't point it in my face and everyone will be happy.

:sad: I guess that is sometimes the unfortunate result of domestic violence...

Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country...Hint his brother is a asshole senator.

JFK. Why are you so fixated on whether or not I know that?

Dude...in a trash talking contest, you are no match for me. I advise you to give it a rest, because I'm gonna tear you up.

I don't think so--they have the military joint chief's of staff that can guide them. What I would prefer out of a President is one who actually ran their own successful business as a qualification.

Your propensity to be incorrect is Terral-like!

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

And I plan to vote again, if for no other reason then to piss you off.

I'm and elected official in a national organization and am very generous.

(Don't you just love people who brag about their generosity :eusa_clap:)

Actually, I'm full of shit. I knew you were an asshole after I read your first post.

I don't have any problems with them. I don't own any, but I don't care if you do. Just don't point it in my face and everyone will be happy.

:sad: I guess that is sometimes the unfortunate result of domestic violence...

JFK. Why are you so fixated on whether or not I know that?

Dude...in a trash talking contest, you are no match for me. I advise you to give it a rest, because I'm gonna tear you up.

Truths out your cluless,Obama Lover

I was thinking about this the other day. The President is head of the military and yet some presidents have never served.

No.

They are also responsible for the economy, yet many have not been economists.
Responsible for education. How many have been teachers?
Responsible for business growth. Some have had no business experience.

The military is a political tool as much as anything. The President should define the political objective and the Joint Chiefs should advise on the feasibility of achieving the objective militarily and direct the execution.

That said, some of the best leaders have had a military background (e.g. Ike and Churchill).

If Republicans had therir way the following criteria would have to be met by Law before anyone could be President:

Must be:

* Born in the USA (aka Bruce S.)
* Male
* White
* Married (perferable once to a woman)
* over age 60
* Born again Christian
* Wealthy
* Former General in the Armed Forces (or equivalent)
* opposed to equal minority rights
* opposed to advanced Medical research

This would be the minimum reuqirement to be President of the "Republican" States

If Republicans had therir way the following criteria would have to be met by Law before anyone could be President:

Must be:

* Born in the USA (aka Bruce S.)
* Male
* White
* Married (perferable once to a woman)
* over age 60
* Born again Christian
* Wealthy
* Former General in the Armed Forces (or equivalent)
* opposed to equal minority rights
* opposed to advanced Medical research

This would be the minimum reuqirement to be President of the "Republican" States

Oh, now I see why your rep is all red.

No. But, like txlonghorn and oreo, I strongly feel that they should have some type of successful 'hands-on' experience . . . governing a state, running a business, etc. Although, Bern80 makes an excellent point. I often wonder if non-politicians wouldn't do a better job than the dopes that are running things now. Of course, there's no guaranteeing that once elected they wouldn't become politicians.

I love it when you people resort to quoting Ronald Reagan, I mean that guy left the economy in jsut about the same shape as Bush, Junior did. You reall y are pathetic.....................

Forum List

Back