CDZ Should Men Have “Abortion Rights”?

Since women have the legal right to dodge the responsibility of an unwanted pregnancy; shouldn’t men be given that same legal consideration? Whereby if a woman claims to have been impregnated by a man; that man should have the right to file a claim in court absolving him of responsibility for that mass of tissue, from that moment forward.

If yes; hit agree. If not; but the woman should still have the right to an abortion; explain why...

GO!!!
Single No Married Yes
Single women have not joined into a legally binding agreement, marriage. Married women have and as part of a legal union the man should have a say (save medical reasons) in the course of action.
Then by that token should single women be denied abortions; in keeping with your ruling for men?
Single women are free to choose their course of action up to the legal point (as determined by the court) as to terminate. Men should have no say in the matter. Wraps it fohs ya taps it...bitches be triflin.
I think you misunderstand. This isn’t to say he can make her have an abortion. It proposes a legal mechanism that allows a man to abdicate responsibility for the baby carried to term. Just like women have the option, through abortion.

'cept for the fact that a pregnancy never brought to term does not need to eat, have shelter, have medical needs met, educational needs met.... etc etc etc.

why do you love the fetus, but hate the child?

Should Men Have “Abortion Rights”?

Of course! To do any less is pure sexism against the male. It is just as much the guy's baby as hers, and when she consents to getting pregnant, she agrees to share the baby equally. If the guy doesn't want that baby, he has as much right to the abortion as she has; when she agreed to have a baby through copulation, she gave up all claims to sole ownership of the fetus.

ummmm did you know women have sex other than to consent to a pregnancy? no, really---- that's true!
Fully aware. One fun fact deserves another...
Did you know men have sex for purposes other than to conceive a child? It’s true!

I probably posted too soon. I know of a case where the woman talked the guy into marriage. Daily threw the pills into the toilet, got pregnant. As soon as the baby was born, off to the lawyer for divorce and support. All in exactly 9+ months.
“My body, my choice” should apply equally for men. It is after all his “body” that will have to work to support her, and the child. Whether she sticks around, or not.

the child- if born is innocent in all of this. why do you want to force women to bear children where there would be the possibility of poverty? so much for 'pro-lifers'... it's always talk the talk.

& besides ---this isn't like earlier times when alimony was a long term thing.
It isn’t about pro life. It about equal opportunity to dodge accountability under the law. No one claimed it was pretty. But our society is about equality.

Since women have the legal right to dodge the responsibility of an unwanted pregnancy; shouldn’t men be given that same legal consideration? Whereby if a woman claims to have been impregnated by a man; that man should have the right to file a claim in court absolving him of responsibility for that mass of tissue, from that moment forward.

If yes; hit agree. If not; but the woman should still have the right to an abortion; explain why...

GO!!!
Like a rapist? They should have abortion rights?

GO!!!
Single No Married Yes
Single women have not joined into a legally binding agreement, marriage. Married women have and as part of a legal union the man should have a say (save medical reasons) in the course of action.
Then by that token should single women be denied abortions; in keeping with your ruling for men?
Single women are free to choose their course of action up to the legal point (as determined by the court) as to terminate. Men should have no say in the matter. Wraps it fohs ya taps it...bitches be triflin.
I think you misunderstand. This isn’t to say he can make her have an abortion. It proposes a legal mechanism that allows a man to abdicate responsibility for the baby carried to term. Just like women have the option, through abortion.

'cept for the fact that a pregnancy never brought to term does not need to eat, have shelter, have medical needs met, educational needs met.... etc etc etc.

why do you love the fetus, but hate the child?
This isn’t about the fetus, or the child. It’s about lawful rights to end willing responsibility. The woman has it. So by law so should the man. It really is that simple.

I probably posted too soon. I know of a case where the woman talked the guy into marriage. Daily threw the pills into the toilet, got pregnant. As soon as the baby was born, off to the lawyer for divorce and support. All in exactly 9+ months.
“My body, my choice” should apply equally for men. It is after all his “body” that will have to work to support her, and the child. Whether she sticks around, or not.

the child- if born is innocent in all of this. why do you want to force women to bear children where there would be the possibility of poverty? so much for 'pro-lifers'... it's always talk the talk.

It isn’t about pro life. It about equal opportunity to dodge accountability under the law. No one claimed it was pretty. But our society is about equality.
Consider a woman having an abortion is doing it for you. To remove your accountability. You should thank her.

GO!!!
Like a rapist? They should have abortion rights?
Rape is illegal; so that introduces certain nuances. But are you suggest a woman would prefer to keep a child that is the product of rape? A rare occurrence to be sure. But in such case... since the conception was unlawful to begin with; the rapist should likely forfeit his rights on the matter.

Consider a woman having an abortion is doing it for you. To remove your accountability. You should thank her.
Red herring. Any perceived benefit from her choice is irrelevant. It is the matter of having choice that is at issue.

I think I know what Vastator is beating around the bush about. First he created this thread dishonestly, so I did a search and came up with this

People's pro abortion stance is little more than a thinly veiled fraud. On one hand; if they wish to kill the baby by having an abortion, they say it wasn't a person.
Then some thug comes along and shoots a pregnant woman in the stomach, then they want to charge them with a double homicide...

So... Like most "serious" issues with lefties; it is merely their feelings in a given moment that shape the reality they live in. Including what determines, what a person is, or isnt, and when...

So I know know where he stands. This should have been mentioned in the OP.

Back to topic

In order to remove responsibility for the man, the woman will need additional help. The reason the laws go after the man is cuz usually the man is in better financial condition and the Anti-Mom conservatives hate welfare. Back in the day, the man could support an entire faimly, now it really takes two.

Methinks this is really a thread about welfare

Am I right, Vastator?

welfare-queen-before-and-after-birth.jpg

I think I know what Vastator is beating around the bush about. First he created this thread dishonestly, so I did a search and came up with this

People's pro abortion stance is little more than a thinly veiled fraud. On one hand; if they wish to kill the baby by having an abortion, they say it wasn't a person.
Then some thug comes along and shoots a pregnant woman in the stomach, then they want to charge them with a double homicide...

So... Like most "serious" issues with lefties; it is merely their feelings in a given moment that shape the reality they live in. Including what determines, what a person is, or isnt, and when...

Back to topic

In order to remove responsibility for the man, the woman will need additional help. The reason the laws go after the man is cuz usually the man is in better financial condition and the Anti-Mom conservatives hate welfare. Back in the day, the man could support an entire faimly, now it really takes two.

Am I right, Vastator?

You’re dodging the issue... noted

Red herring. Any perceived benefit from her choice is irrelevant. It is the matter of having choice that is at issue.
You do realize, you lost this argument 4 pages ago

What were you thinking?

We have two parties in on the act & decision. Who breaks the tie?

Of course! To do any less is pure sexism against the male. It is just as much the guy's baby as hers, and when she consents to getting pregnant, she agrees to share the baby equally. If the guy doesn't want that baby, he has as much right to the abortion as she has; when she agreed to have a baby through copulation, she gave up all claims to sole ownership of the fetus.

ummmm did you know women have sex other than to consent to a pregnancy? no, really---- that's true!
Did you know men have sex for purposes other than to conceive a child? It’s true!

yes. but he still doesn't get a say in the end. oh it's so true.

if the child is born , then the question of equality is moot. then it is ALL about the child.

Quite possibly; but not necessarily. However the reason should be irrelevant. After all... Women aren’t made to declare a reason, before they receive an abortion.
Of course she gives a reason. She does not want a baby at this time!
Enter equal rights before the law...
He is not the pregnant one. He has no rights if the woman decides to throw the baby into the trash.

We outlawed slavery last century.

My Pro-Choice stand is pretty solid. If the baby is unwanted, kill it. Too many destroyed lives from unwanted babies.

And if YOU are unwanted?
If you have a point, spit it out. I have no time for trolls.

It's a question. The traditional response is to answer.

You do realize, you lost this argument 4 pages ago

What were you thinking?

We have two parties in on the act & decision. Who breaks the tie?
I’ve lost nothing. It wasn’t a competition. It only became so for you; once you surmised that I was pro life. Still... a distraction nonetheless. There is no tie. Both parties are aware of the possible outcome, at the outset. One male. One female. Which, is which is a matter of chance, and biology. Both are known at the time of conception. From there it’s a zero sum game. Once a decision is made by either party to abdicate responsibility... by law; only one is given that option. That doesn’t stand up to the mantra of equality. And is actually discriminatory.

if the child is born , then the question of equality is moot. then it is ALL about the child.
Yes but that’s a topic well beyond the scope of this OP.

Back to topic

Am I right, Vastator?

You’re dodging the issue... noted

dodging what? i've answered you & others on this thread. i've stated my position & will re-iterate that it is about the post born product being taken care of. & if the female decides to carry to term then she is bearing most the responsibility INCLUDING financial. so yep... the male gets to pay too.

yes. but he still doesn't get a say in the end. oh it's so true.
Therein lies the discrepancy in the law. Now your getting it!

Forum List

Back