Should medical personnel be able to refuse to do their job based on religious beliefs

Should medical personnel's religious beliefs trump doing right by the patient

• Yes

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Banned
Yes. I dont agree with it, but people who perform services should have the right to refuse them to anyone for any reason. That's what liberty and freedom are about; choices.

Next thing you will want them to be forced to do is perform abortions even if they are opposed to the killing of children. And soon after that will be requiring them to kill the aged whose grand children want them exterminated so that they get their inheritance early, you know... euthanasia. And then when that envelope has been pushed to its extreme you will require them to participate in eugenics to bring about blue-eyed, blond haired babies and nothing but blue-eyed, blond haired babies.

Yes, medical professionals should be able to put down their feet when it comes to questions of ethics.

Immie

nooooooo the first vow is do no harm....

come on.....how far will you go on this slippery slope?

if the continues...medical schools will stop accepting people who profess this stuff...i hope....

if you are not willing to be of total help to your patients dont become a doctor....simple as that

if the continues...medical schools will stop accepting people who profess this stuff...i hope....

if you are not willing to be of total help to your patients dont become a doctor....simple as that

Said medical professionals are protecting all lives presented to them rather than destroying one for the selfish reasons of the other.

Immie

contraception is destruction of live.....she is asking for a contraceptive that prevents the egg from being implanted....are eggs alone life?

if so how do you feel about the millions of sperm you waste masturbating?

and dont deny it...we all do it....

Said medical professionals are protecting all lives presented to them rather than destroying one for the selfish reasons of the other.

Immie

She. Was. RAPED.

contraception is destruction of live.....she is asking for a contraceptive that prevents the egg from being implanted....are eggs alone life?

Except it is not an egg alone that is the problem nor is a solitary egg what the potential mother cares about destroying, it is the fertilized egg that she is out to destroy. You cannot deny that. If it were an egg by itself, she would have nothing to fear and no need for "emergency contraception".

Immie

Yes, medical professionals should be able to put down their feet when it comes to questions of ethics.

While those in medical need go untreated. Good plan.

This is a very troubling and dangerous trend among medical professionals and the lawmakers who enact ‘morals clause’ legislation. And this is more about politics than ‘ethics’ or ‘religion.’

News9.com Videos - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Refusing to give a post-rape contraceptive based on religion? I think that lady needs a new job.

Should the government dictate to people how to do their jobs. Should the government force people to violate their religious beliefs?

ahh a chance to use a con approach.
No one made them become a Doctor or make them take their oath as a doctor.

Except it is not an egg alone that is the problem nor is a solitary egg what the potential mother cares about destroying, it is the fertilized egg that she is out to destroy. You cannot deny that. If it were an egg by itself, she would have nothing to fear and no need for "emergency contraception".

Immie

she was raped...you have from under 24 hours up to 10 days before the egg/sperm implant....

now what about the sperm....should we conserve all sperm it is capable of life...if matched with an egg...and no egg has life without a sperm....so lets start applying these ideas to sperm.....if you spill your seed you must fertilize an egg

News9.com Videos - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Refusing to give a post-rape contraceptive based on religion? I think that lady needs a new job.

Yes they should. I know a paramedic who swears to god all Libertarians are a danger to the public. So if he comes across them in accidents and stuff, he just chants "Thank you for appreciating my liberty to observe this!" while he watches them die.

And my libertarian EMT friends, and the doctor I know I'm sure would not respond similarly. but that is the choice your bigot friend is allowed to make...or should be. As a certified first responder, I have the luxury of not performing first aid on someone via the good simaritan law here in NY.

Immie

She. Was. RAPED.

So, you advocate forcing a medical professional who believes that life begins at conception to take a life?

It is not like there are not enough medical professionals who believe otherwise, so you demand, that those who have ethical reasons for not wanting to perform abortions (surgical or chemical), actually perform such abortions?

If she was raped then by our laws she is entitled to an abortion. She is not entitled to demand that a particular doctor give her the abortion she wants.

Immie

If you want to go into PRIVATE practice.... do what ever you want.

However...if you are being paid to do a job.... shut the fuck up and do your job. It is after all what you are being paid for.

Thank you.

And I'm sure the one named after Christ will understand that I no longer wish to discuss this with his intolerant, judgmental ass.

Forum List

Back