• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Having watched Daredevil on Netflix...they should go ahead and do the Punisher....they seem to know what they are doing and hopefully the Punisher will finally get a good show....

I think they have their hands full as it is...

Disney Marvel Netflix Unite For Multi-Series The Defenders TV Show GamesRadar

The final series will re-imagine the company's 'The Defenders' superhero team, as the four characters come together to unite against a greater evil.

Yeah, the reason they're doing all these b-list superhero shows and movies is because prior to the creation of Marvel Studios, Marvel had already sold the rights to their biggest properties to other movie studios - they just got the rights to Daredevil back a few months ago, after whatever studio that had them failed to start shooting a reboot by a certain date.

I don't remember the specifics.

They've done two Punisher Movies, neither of which were any good. I can't see how a series would be better.

(I do think the one with Dolph Lungren was the better of the two movies, and that's kind of sad even seeing as a sentence.)

They've done two Punisher Movies, neither of which were any good. I can't see how a series would be better.

(I do think the one with Dolph Lungren was the better of the two movies, and that's kind of sad even seeing as a sentence.)

actually they did 3 punisher movies and the Lundgren one was actually pretty good.....you also had the Thomas Jane punisher with John Travolta...and the guy who played Titus Pulo from the Rome cable show...it was directed by Katherine bigelow and it really sucked.....

You mean the one where Dolph murders a tiny Japanese woman. WHen a tiny Japanese woman is your main threat, you have to rethink your plot.

Anyway, to the point, the Punisher is wank-off material for gun nuts, but he was never a terribly compelling character.

the Dolph Lundgren one?.....yikes.....the most recent one with Ray Stevenson was the only one that resembled a Punisher Comic.....

actually they did 3 punisher movies and the Lundgren one was actually pretty good.....you also had the Thomas Jane punisher with John Travolta...and the guy who played Titus Pulo from the Rome cable show...it was directed by Katherine bigelow and it really sucked.....
it wasnt directed by Bigelow,and it at least resembled a Punisher Comic...

I've read some of the Punisher comics.

Not a lot of substance, just a pissed off guy that needs therapy gunning people down and never getting really hurt or caught (no mask and a shirt that sticks out)

Maybe some Power man - Iron Fist?

You mean the one where Dolph murders a tiny Japanese woman. WHen a tiny Japanese woman is your main threat, you have to rethink your plot.

Anyway, to the point, the Punisher is wank-off material for gun nuts, but he was never a terribly compelling character.
you dont keep up with comics i see....the Punisher is usually always in the 50 top comics lists for greatest or favorite characters.......if that aint compelling i dont know what is....

you dont keep up with comics i see....the Punisher is usually always in the 50 top comics lists for greatest or favorite characters.......if that aint compelling i dont know what is....

I only keep up with GOOD comics. Not gun nutter wank material.

Actually, the Punisher is such an improbable character, even in the Marvel Universe.
its a fucking comic joe,i doubt if very many "gun nutters" read comics.....and the Punisher is an "improbable" character?....as compared to all the other characters?...and you claim to read comics?...reading "Archie" is somewhat different than "super hero" ones joe....

I have yet to see where in all this where Marvel will not end up destroying their own products..

Just like they did with X-men, Wolverine, The Incredible Hulk, etc..

Marvel recently reacquired the rights to Punisher along with Ghost Rider and Blade.

The Punisher can be a good book when written by the right person, but I agree, in much of his history the character has been pretty thin.

As far as being improbable even within the context of the Marvel comics universe, that's pretty ridiculous. Marvel has characters that break the laws of physics regularly, inventors who can create entirely new technologies at the drop of a hat to do whatever needs to be done in a crisis (but which, strangely, are never incorporated into the world as a whole), beings with such power they can destroy a universe yet are unable to deal with some pesky humans, etc. etc. Comic books are nearly all ridiculous and The Punisher is actually less so than many.

And Kosh, Marvel studios does not own the rights to X-Men or any mutants.

Marvel recently reacquired the rights to Punisher along with Ghost Rider and Blade.

The Punisher can be a good book when written by the right person, but I agree, in much of his history the character has been pretty thin.

As far as being improbable even within the context of the Marvel comics universe, that's pretty ridiculous. Marvel has characters that break the laws of physics regularly, inventors who can create entirely new technologies at the drop of a hat to do whatever needs to be done in a crisis (but which, strangely, are never incorporated into the world as a whole), beings with such power they can destroy a universe yet are unable to deal with some pesky humans, etc. etc. Comic books are nearly all ridiculous and The Punisher is actually less so than many.

i agree,i dont know how the hell Joe came up with the Punisher being an improbable character in the Marvel Universe when you got a guy flying around the universe on a surf board......:dunno:

i agree,i dont know how the hell Joe came up with the Punisher being an improbable character in the Marvel Universe when you got a guy flying around the universe on a surf board......:dunno:

I can only guess that he thinks someone powered would have stopped the Punisher long ago. That may be true, but comics rarely follow logic like that. :lol:

I can only guess that he thinks someone powered would have stopped the Punisher long ago. That may be true, but comics rarely follow logic like that. :lol:
well i think its easy to see that most of the characters in the comic world without powers or with minor powers would be dead within their first month of operation.....how long would a guy like Batman or the Punisher last in the real world before someone blows them away?.....

I believe that the idea of Punisher TV-series is good, considering the fac that Netflix's Daredevil is awesome. However, this series should be really dark and without any censorship. Punisher is a tough character who deserves on an appropriate show.

Forum List

Back