Should Marijuana Be Legalized and Taxed?

Should Marijuana Be Legalized and Taxed?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Depends on the views of the voters.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
theim said:
You can't regulate and tax it. How can you regulate something you can grow in your basement?

Two points.....you can limit what a person grows to their own use, and impose rather hefty penalties for offenders (those who grow commercially without a license) and knowing that you can just go down to the local smoke shop and get some makes it alot more convenient than setting up a grow in your basement......how many people do you know with a "still" in the basement? but I suppose it was alot more common during prohibition.

Mr. P said:
Look at the vote count...Lesson one..don't stereotype Republicans.
Legalize it.
I try not to I apoligize if I did, but we all know what libs think and the dems can't make up thier mind(which makes me think thier stoned).

I think I go against the grain here - I don't see why it should be legalized; nor do I see why it should even be used.

There's enough stupid people in the world doing stupid (but legal) stuff, without adding drugs to the mix.

I have long supported the legalization of MJ. First, you can't OD on it. Second, yeah, it's not good for you, but neither are tobacco and alcohol, which are legal (and regulated). Third, I don't buy this "think of the kids" argument. Kids already get pot, and guess who they get it from? The same worthless guy who wants to sell them meth, smack, and coke! Put marijuana behind the counter in 7-Eleven, kids don't ever associate with drug dealers, and hard drug use falls.

gop_jeff said:
I have long supported the legalization of MJ. First, you can't OD on it. Second, yeah, it's not good for you, but neither are tobacco and alcohol, which are legal (and regulated). Third, I don't buy this "think of the kids" argument. Kids already get pot, and guess who they get it from? The same worthless guy who wants to sell them meth, smack, and coke! Put marijuana behind the counter in 7-Eleven, kids don't ever associate with drug dealers, and hard drug use falls.

:banana:

Forum List

Back