Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

One of my boyfriends told me that our household was like a ship and had only one captain. I told him that he was crew and get used to it.

The best qualified should make decisions. There is an understanding that the best qualified may shift depending on the decision to be made. This requires honesty on both sides in recognizing the superior knowledge and expertise of the other. If a husband and wife are on opposite sides of an issue with the decision of each equally weighted, then find another way and do neither.

why does organized religion seek to subjugate women to men?

The church is in the control business. It wants to control men with fear of hell and women through their men. It is all about social manipulation and control.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc]'Hell' as an invention of the church - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

One of my boyfriends told me that our household was like a ship and had only one captain. I told him that he was crew and get used to it.

The best qualified should make decisions. There is an understanding that the best qualified may shift depending on the decision to be made. This requires honesty on both sides in recognizing the superior knowledge and expertise of the other. If a husband and wife are on opposite sides of an issue with the decision of each equally weighted, then find another way and do neither.

No argument.

Regards
DL

that is all organized religion is.

and its unending.

they even try to control the people who are not members

Should man rule over women for women’s own good?
No.

Genesis

1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Those 2 verses in do not address or back up your stance on this issue. :cool:

It's the first Creation Story, Sunni. What is noted is that there is no distinction other than both Sexes are included at that point without prejudice. Think about it.

Personally, I don't want Dominion over my Wife, I want Two to be as one Flesh. I don't think you achieve that through Dominion, never did.

I don't give a flip about Dominion, but at some point someone needs to carry a trump card: either the Husband or Wife needs to wear the freakin' pants in the family, for christssakes; everything will not be resolved in committee or by consensus.

that is all organized religion is.

and its unending.

they even try to control the people who are not members

Do you have this in mind or just the Christian hate for Gays?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iMBUoxLOmA]Republicans, Get In My Vagina!.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Those 2 verses in do not address or back up your stance on this issue. :cool:

It's the first Creation Story, Sunni. What is noted is that there is no distinction other than both Sexes are included at that point without prejudice. Think about it.

Personally, I don't want Dominion over my Wife, I want Two to be as one Flesh. I don't think you achieve that through Dominion, never did.

I don't give a flip about Dominion, but at some point someone needs to carry a trump card: either the Husband or Wife needs to wear the freakin' pants in the family, for christssakes; everything will not be resolved in committee or by consensus.

And what is your solution if no consensus can be found?
Which partner will lord his decision over the other?
How will it be imposed? By force?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Yes.

Either we will take the road I choose, or you can grab your shit and get the fuck out of the car. If you need help packing your ass, you'll get it.

Regards,
Samson

Regards
DL

Yes.

Either we will take the road I choose, or you can grab your shit and get the fuck out of the car. If you need help packing your ass, you'll get it.

Regards,
Samson

You do not care for dominion yet will hold it above love.

Pathetic.

Regards
DL

Sure as long as she differs to his lead if there is no consensus.

You are being quite the hypocrite here Christian. Give the whole story next time.

Regards
DL

Ephesians 5:22-33"
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

That's not so bad.

Thanks for ignoring my point and spouting your dogma.

Regards

DL

Sorry, that's the whole story. Sorry you hate too much to see it.

Here's some more:

"
2 Timothy 3:1-9

New International Version (NIV)

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone."

Men and women were created to compliment each other. They each have a role in the family. Men sholud listen to their wives and wives should listen to their husbands. They should be one in decisions and when dealing with children.

Sure as long as she differs to his lead if there is no consensus.

You are being quite the hypocrite here Christian. Give the whole story next time.

Regards
DL

It is true man is to take the lead in some cases but they should not abuse the authority. I think that is what is offensive to many, Hypocrite :lol:

[

It is true man is to take the lead in some cases but they should not abuse the authority. I think that is what is offensive to many, Hypocrite :lol:

And when he does abuse that authority, the woman must shut up and take it.
A nice arrangement for slave owners.
No wonder Christian and Catholic divorce rates are so high.

Regards
DL

[

Regards
DL

If the Christian is otherwise a liberal, sure they will get divorced. Not likely because of who makes the decisions, but because one spouse is merely tired of the marital arrangement. In serious Christian marriages the spouses respect each other more than that.

Translation: your bf is a wimp

True he was not like some of the muslim men I went out with. They were dumped the creepier they got. No matter how nice they are to begin with, eventually muslim men get creepy and have to go. The reality is, my boyfriend went, as a wimp, just like the muslm men went for being creepy.

Liberal women though adore the subjegation that islam imposes. The more liberal they are, the more hungry for that male power. They will debase themselves to get it, and accept abuse to keep it. Why? I never figured it out. Cheryl Boorman wears an abeya to please her terrorist client. If he backhanded her in front of the court she'd orgasm in her pants. Her yearning is plain on her face.

True he was not like some of the muslim men I went out with. They were dumped the creepier they got. No matter how nice they are to begin with, eventually muslim men get creepy and have to go. The reality is, my boyfriend went, as a wimp, just like the muslm men went for being creepy.

Liberal women though adore the subjegation that islam imposes. The more liberal they are, the more hungry for that male power. They will debase themselves to get it, and accept abuse to keep it. Why? I never figured it out. Cheryl Boorman wears an abeya to please her terrorist client. If he backhanded her in front of the court she'd orgasm in her pants. Her yearning is plain on her face.

Theres a new coupling I can't get my head around, Athiest men and Muslim women, I read about a few people who got married this way, I don't see how the marriage could last Athiests are the worst kind of infidels in Islam.

[

Regards
DL

No it's done out of love.

No difference then any king and queen arrangement.

President and vice president.

Father and son.

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

If you do not have a chain of command you can not have order.

They dont want order.

I still dont see what's so offensive about "ruling" when according to the scriptures those who rule are those who serve. Are you guys seriously suggesting we shouldnt serve women?

Theres a new coupling I can't get my head around, Athiest men and Muslim women, I read about a few people who got married this way, I don't see how the marriage could last Athiests are the worst kind of infidels in Islam.

A few perhaps but all the men as in ALL that I have known that have married muslim women have converted to islam. No matter what they were before, they converted. They may not practice, but they convert.

Forum List

Back