Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Scriptures, and other myth’s, say that God determined that men should rule over women. This gives form, --- in a demographic sense, ---- to our common and society, and says that our demographic pyramid should have a hierarchical shape and or form. This initiates tension and has God demonizing woman, as well as any notion of female equality with man.

His motive must be for the good of women. Somehow!
After all, sanctity of the family is one of the main points of morality.

God was arguably right for his time. Think in the barbaric way. Below the belt. Thank God that time is almost past. Women in our modern world do not need man’s dubious ape like help. I hope you agree. Be honest now with yourself be you male or female.

Men have dominated women long enough I think. To give them equality would be justice.

What do you think?
What would real men do?
What would real women demand?
Do men and women have what it takes to be free?

Justice under law should be gender and age neutral, with limits, but with a good spirit of assuring equality. We do not administer that justice. We only give it lip service. Men are not walking their talk. Neither are women.

In Gods timocracy, a place of government in which love of honor is the ruling principle. All honors go to the Queen and her children. A king’s first responsibility is to insure the veneration of his queen. Honor demands it. He accepts this burden and pleasure wisely. The Queen, as the Beta archetype is the life of the kingdom. The archetypal king’s duty is to raise woman’s position. That means that all men have the same duty. That of not denying women equality and elevating her.

Men. Be good kings. You are making good just men look bad. Step up.
God wills it.

Women. Be good queens and demand what is yours.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6wfJWVCeI&feature=player_embedded]God Wills It! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iMBUoxLOmA]Republicans, Get In My Vagina!.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

No.

Genesis

1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

http://www.holybible.com/resources/KJV_DFND/index.php?Book=67&mode=4&BookTitle=Genesis&Chapter=1

Last edited:
Women get leadership positions by sexual preferences, not by being the most qualified.

No.

Genesis

1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Those 2 verses in do not address or back up your stance on this issue. :cool:

No.

Genesis

man in 1:27 is a generic term referring to both male/female.

No.

Genesis

It's the first Creation Story, Sunni. What is noted is that there is no distinction other than both Sexes are included at that point without prejudice. Think about it.

Personally, I don't want Dominion over my Wife, I want Two to be as one Flesh. I don't think you achieve that through Dominion, never did.

Scriptures, and other myth’s, say that God determined that men should rule over women. This gives form, --- in a demographic sense, ---- to our common and society, and says that our demographic pyramid should have a hierarchical shape and or form. This initiates tension and has God demonizing woman, as well as any notion of female equality with man.

His motive must be for the good of women. Somehow!
After all, sanctity of the family is one of the main points of morality.

God was arguably right for his time. Think in the barbaric way. Below the belt. Thank God that time is almost past. Women in our modern world do not need man’s dubious ape like help. I hope you agree. Be honest now with yourself be you male or female.

Men have dominated women long enough I think. To give them equality would be justice.

What do you think?
What would real men do?
What would real women demand?
Do men and women have what it takes to be free?

Justice under law should be gender and age neutral, with limits, but with a good spirit of assuring equality. We do not administer that justice. We only give it lip service. Men are not walking their talk. Neither are women.

In Gods timocracy, a place of government in which love of honor is the ruling principle. All honors go to the Queen and her children. A king’s first responsibility is to insure the veneration of his queen. Honor demands it. He accepts this burden and pleasure wisely. The Queen, as the Beta archetype is the life of the kingdom. The archetypal king’s duty is to raise woman’s position. That means that all men have the same duty. That of not denying women equality and elevating her.

Men. Be good kings. You are making good just men look bad. Step up.
God wills it.

Women. Be good queens and demand what is yours.

God Wills It! - YouTube

Republicans, Get In My Vagina!.flv - YouTube

Regards
DL

"The Natural Superiority of Women"
Ashley Montagu (Author)
$13.40

Get it.....

.....get it?

Interesting that the discussion here today seems to be how men should treat women according the scriptures. I may have to take the scriptures i posted elsewhere and reorganize them here.

Needless to say. Men and women are equal partners. There is no war on man nor a war on woman. The fact that the scriptures give men the responsibility to preside doesnt mean they are to preside unrighteously or that they have some benefit over women. Quite the opposite, they have a responsibility to serve them and love them.

What does it mean to preside and lead to a Christian? Look to the words of Christ himself:

25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: (Matthew 20:25-27, Emphasis added)

Man should absolutely NOT rule over woman for her own good. There is no basis for the assumption that a man is better equipped to decide what is best.

The religious edicts are all smoke and mirrors so that man can claim he is ruling over her in her best interest. But it is almost always about his best interest.

No.

Genesis

The Holy Bible

Gen 3 16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, ------------- and he shall rule over thee.

Did you have a point to make?

Regards
DL

No.

Genesis

man in 1:27 is a generic term referring to both male/female.
I agree with that.

But the verses do not address the OP's question.

Last edited:
This is a joke right? Women are smarter, and without women, men wouldn't be adequately socialized, nor civilized.

I agree yet we do not give women equality especially the right wings of the political and religious institutions.

Regards
DL

Man should absolutely NOT rule over woman for her own good. There is no basis for the assumption that a man is better equipped to decide what is best.

The religious edicts are all smoke and mirrors so that man can claim he is ruling over her in her best interest. But it is almost always about his best interest.

To date. Yes.

Regards
DL

Interesting that the discussion here today seems to be how men should treat women according the scriptures. I may have to take the scriptures i posted elsewhere and reorganize them here.

Needless to say. Men and women are equal partners. There is no war on man nor a war on woman. The fact that the scriptures give men the responsibility to preside doesnt mean they are to preside unrighteously or that they have some benefit over women. Quite the opposite, they have a responsibility to serve them and love them.

What does it mean to preside and lead to a Christian? Look to the words of Christ himself:

25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
]

Eh. Women are not allowed to be great and preach.

You are good at saying how great to women men should be as they rule over them.

Regards
DL

Women are great in the bible.
Miriam lead the Jews into Israel.
Christ was closest to women, and appeared first to them when he was resurrected
The bible is full of the stories of wonderful, strong, amazing women.
Naomi, Ruth, Sara...Samuel's mother...all amazing stories, and it is obvious that women are admired and treasured in the bible.

No, they aren't supposed to preach, we have different roles in the church. Big whoop.

This is a joke right? Women are smarter, and without women, men wouldn't be adequately socialized, nor civilized.

Nor, happy, living alone. Most just cannot do it. The tracks of the last woman will be replaced in no time, by another. Men, especially ambitious, working men, NEED a woman at home, or close by, as they don't have and don't want, the time to "date."

I've always liked this reasoning
:cool:

So, what's the deal with the wife and the rib? To find the answer, let's take a look at the make-up and function of the rib. The rib is:

1. located on the man's side
  2. delicate, yet strong at the same time
  3. covers the two most vital organs of man:

• his heart
  • his lungs

Now, with what we know for certain about our awesome and purposeful God and with what we know about the make up and function of the rib, we can see clearly why God used the rib out of the man to form the wife.

God used the rib to show both the man and the woman that the woman was made to be by the man's side. To walk alongside him, to bless, support and protect him, to be the closest thing to his heart. God made the woman delicate in nature (that's why we get our feelings hurt more easily than men and even get physically injured more easily than men). But we are also strong. We are stubborn (sometimes in a good way and sometimes bad). Our strength gives us the ability to fight for our families and all that we believe in. And last but not least, we protect the two most vital organs of man, his heart and lungs. The heart pumps the very life-blood of the man throughout his entire body and the lungs give the man the ability to have breath. Without these two organs protected and functioning well, it is impossible for a man to function at his optimum and may even cause his death.
My Second Love: A Proverbs 31 Study: The Wife and The Rib

Forum List

Back