Should Male Circumcision Be Done For Religious Reasons Or For Health?

PoopSweet

Rookie
Jun 29, 2011
I'm French, and intact, but now I have become an American Citizen. I know the Jewish people do this fore religious reasons. We french don't go in for this sort of thing. I now belong to an American church and they told me Jesus was circumcised, and died for our sins, the least we could do is get circumcised or burn in hell forever.

I'm not doing it for the church mind you, I'm just doing it for my very religious girlfriend. She's from Texas. I feel as if God and my girlfriend are looking down at it frowning.

Thats why my girlfriend bought me the "Mini Mohel Guillotine" by Lop-It-Off® and some rubbing alcohol.
It's a home circumcision kit approved by God's FDA and America. Has Anyone tried these?
I don't want to burn in Hell, but i do want to have sex with by girlfriend.

Any Suggestions?

I'm French, and intact, but now I have become an American Citizen. I know the Jewish people do this fore religious reasons. We french don't go in for this sort of thing. I now belong to an American church and they told me Jesus was circumcised, and died for our sins, the least we could do is get circumcised or burn in hell forever.

I'm not doing it for the church mind you, I'm just doing it for my very religious girlfriend. She's from Texas. I feel as if God and my girlfriend are looking down at it frowning.

Thats why my girlfriend bought me the "Mini Mohel Guillotine" by Lop-It-Off® and some rubbing alcohol.
It's a home circumcision kit approved by God's FDA and America. Has Anyone tried these?

Any Suggestions?

You know, I thought you'd already been circumcised and they threw away the wrong bit.

BTW, if you are concerned about what God thinks, why don't you ask Him? I think He'd be alittle more concerned that your showing off your package to your girlfriend before you are married than he would be about a little foreskin. But I could be wrong on this matter. To be honest it's never concerned me enough for me to ask Him about it.

I would say hell is more likely for fornication than foreskin though. Do you really want to know God? Study the scriptures and talk with Him. He will make things very clear.

ak-dont-make-me-say-it.jpg

Have you read the new testament. Circumcision is in the heart. If you are not physically cut then you will not go to hell. What kind of church does your girlfriend go to?

Look up these bible verses

Since we are no longer under the Old Testament Law as Christians, circumcision is no longer required. This is brought out in a number of New Testament passages, among which are the following: Acts 15; Galatians 2:1-3; 5:1-11; 6:11-16; 1 Corinthians 7:17-20; Colossians 2:8-12; Philippians 3:1-3. As these passages proclaim, being saved from our sins is received through faith in Christ to save us from our sins, and it is this act of turning from our sin and self-righteousness and turning instead to reliance upon Christ’s finished work on the cross that makes us “circumcised of heart” and that the works of the flesh accomplish nothing.

Any Suggestions?

Yeah, find a new girlfriend. Doing that just to get laid is ridiculous. Also, as far a "burning in hell" goes, Christians aren't bound by Mosaic Law.

Have you read the new testament. Circumcision is in the heart. If you are not physically cut then you will not go to hell. What kind of church does your girlfriend go to?

Look up these bible verses

Since we are no longer under the Old Testament Law as Christians, circumcision is no longer required. This is brought out in a number of New Testament passages, among which are the following: Acts 15; Galatians 2:1-3; 5:1-11; 6:11-16; 1 Corinthians 7:17-20; Colossians 2:8-12; Philippians 3:1-3. As these passages proclaim, being saved from our sins is received through faith in Christ to save us from our sins, and it is this act of turning from our sin and self-righteousness and turning instead to reliance upon Christ’s finished work on the cross that makes us “circumcised of heart” and that the works of the flesh accomplish nothing.

I could not have said it better.. Paul had one heck of a fight with jewish christians at that time.. because they wanted all new converts to the christian faith to follow the mosaic law.

any " church" that is enforcing circumcision are not following the doctrines set forth in the new testament.. they are legalistic not redemptive.

Last edited:

Any Suggestions?

The most circumsized group in the world is the Muslims.

Other methods more cost-effective...
:cool:
Economists say adult circumcision not best anti-HIV tactic
28 Sept.`11 - A group of top world economists said Wednesday that adult male circumcision, a global priority for preventing HIV infection, is not nearly as cost-effective as other methods of prevention.
A successful adult male circumcision effort would require "a large public campaign to get people into the clinic," said Bjorn Lomborg, director of the Copenhagen Consensus Center, a Danish think tank focused on cost-effective public spending that commissioned the panel. Getting men to volunteer to be circumcised would not be easy and "it could cause more risky behavior," Lomborg said. The economists conducted a first-ever cost-benefit analysis of the top AIDS-fighting approaches by comparing the costs of prevention and treatment options per lives saved.

The group told representatives of global organizations at Georgetown University that more cost-effective ways to prevent the spread of the disease are an HIV vaccine, infant male circumcision, preventing mother-to-child transmission of the disease and making blood transfusions safe. Each year 2.5million people are infected with the disease and 2million die, about 70% of them in Africa, according to the Copenhagen center. Marelize Gorgens, HIV prevention coordinator at the World Bank, disagreed with the economists, saying male circumcision is like a vaccine because it reduces the risk of infection by 60%. "We need to spend money on things we know work," Gorgens said.

The World Bank and the U.S. State Department support a major push for adult male circumcision. But the economists estimated the cost-benefit ratio for such circumcisions at 23:1. The economists said increasing annual spending on an AIDS vaccine by $100million would be a better investment because it could potentially eradicate the disease, even though the cost-benefit ratio, 12:1, is lower, Lomborg said. Other improvements "are so cheap and effective" they jumped to the top of the list, he said. Preventing mother-to-child transmission by treating HIV-positive pregnant women with medication and improving the blood supply had a cost-benefit ratios of 95:1 and 393:1, respectively. "Making blood transfusions safe costs almost nothing, but we're not doing it," Lomborg said.

Source

Any Suggestions?

Yeah -

Go fuck yourself.

Forum List

Back