Should Islamic Marriages be recognized in the US?

Yeah it takes legal papers for this event to happen

Husband: "Let's have sex"

Wife: "No"

Husband: "Too bad, we're doing it anyway." (grabs her, holds her down, forces himself into her)

Don't you see where the papers came into play?

I always thought if a woman says no to sex, and you take it anyways, thats considered rape, regardless if you are married or not. Didn't know that made a difference.

Thankfully there isn't one in american law.

But as we're seeing here, forcing a woman to have sex with you isn't a problem with the most morally radical types in our country.

I don't get the whole forcing sex thing anyways, if a woman doesn't want to have sex with you let her go, plenty of fish in the sea.

I always thought if a woman says no to sex, and you take it anyways, thats considered rape, regardless if you are married or not. Didn't know that made a difference.

But as we're seeing here, forcing a woman to have sex with you isn't a problem with the most morally radical types in our country.

I don't get the whole forcing sex thing anyways, if a woman doesn't want to have sex with you let her go, plenty of fish in the sea.

Right on, or if she's your wife, give it another shot tomorrow. Sunni is working under the assumption that hormones and horniness are on the same clock and at the same level for both partners all the time.

What if she's on her period and doesn't want to do it then? Rape ok to him?

Right on, or if she's your wife, give it another shot tomorrow. Sunni is working under the assumption that hormones and horniness are on the same clock and at the same level for both partners all the time.

Maybe anal sex?:eek:

Anal sex is 100% forbidden in Islam.

To do so would be considered a grave sin.

Also you do not touch a woman when she is on her monthly cycle.

During this time she is considered unclean and impure.

And is not allowed to pray at the mosque or touch a Quran.

Anal sex is 100% forbidden in Islam.

To do so would be considered a grave sin.

Also you do not touch a woman when she is on her monthly cycle.

During this time she is considered unclean and impure.

And is not allowed to pray at the mosque or touch a Quran.

So basically no sex during the period than.

It's really very simple.

When you marry a woman you own her vagina.

Since it is your property you have access to it 24 / 7 :cool:

Actually we ended slavery in this country a long time ago, so we don't talk about people as property anymore.

Well some of those things don't sound like she has much consent to the contract. If she signs a document of her own free will that says she can't terminate the marriage if the hubby is chasing after burkas with higher thread counts, that's her deal.

The argument for gay marriage has been about two consenting adults, which rules out a mentally-retarded vegetable child in a toaster, or whatever slope the opponents try to conjure up. If there are elements of Islamic marriage law that ignore or prevent consent from either party, I don't believe those elements should be recognized by our courts.

The "arguement for gay marriage" has never been that its about "two consenting adults". If that were the case then why wouldn't "three consenting adults" have their poligamy marriages recognized? Or for that matter "five consenting adults" as can be found in Islam?

What does gay marriage have to do with poligamy?

Why not? We allow marriage between same-sex couples, so why not just throw out all the rules and be done with it? Wanna marry your horse.... Go right ahead. Wanna marry 4 other people.... Go right ahead. Wanna marry your 12 year old cousin who you've never met..... Go right ahead.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything; and that's where I think we are on the marriage issue here in the United States at this point.

How's your marriage doing? Good enough to qualify you to tell law-abiding, tax-paying adult citizens what they can do?

Why not? We allow marriage between same-sex couples, so why not just throw out all the rules and be done with it? Wanna marry your horse.... Go right ahead. Wanna marry 4 other people.... Go right ahead. Wanna marry your 12 year old cousin who you've never met..... Go right ahead.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything; and that's where I think we are on the marriage issue here in the United States at this point.

Lol all I can do is laugh anymore when people STILL try to equate gay marriage to pedophilia.

Good ol' fashioned 1930's style fearmongering.

Yeah...as if keeping gay marriage illegal has stopped pedophiles in any way....mostly straight men on girls....often their own family members.

However, and call me crazy, I'm not morally ok with anyone forcing anyone to have sex with them when they don't want to.

This is the last time that I will address this.

There is no such thing as rape in a Muslim marriage between husband and wife.

Islam specifically addresses this:

" Even if a woman is cooking at the stove. And the man wants her in his bed. She is to leave the stove and go to him"

And

" Any woman who denies her husband is rights will have Angels over her head cursing her all night"

In Western culture women use sex as a weapon or a tool to get their way.

Islam in its infinite logic has denied this abuse of power by women against their husbands.

So....no matter what the woman is doing, if he wants her, she HAS TO GO??? So what happens if she refuses?

You call it ABUSE if a woman denies you sex? But it's not abuse if he makes her have sex with him? This is unbelievable!

Forum List

Back