Should Islamic Marriages be recognized in the US?

In Islam there is no such thing as a wife being raped by her husband.

Both partners have rights to each others body that cannot be withheld or denied.

btw Impotence is legal grounds for divorce by the woman in Islam

So if they get in an argument, she wants to leave him, he holds her down and rapes her, this is ok?

Both partners have rights to each others body that cannot be withheld or denied.

So if they get in an argument, she wants to leave him, he holds her down and rapes her, this is ok?

Agam, there is no such thing as rape between a husband and wife in Islam.

So I take that as "yes this is ok."

Disgusting.

What you're saying is that it is not rape as long as you don't call it rape.

I had a Pakistani friend who said he was shocked when he found out that polygamy was illegal in America. He couldn't understand why America would prohibit something that was fundamental to Muslim life.

And the husband merely has to say "I divorce you, I divorce you, I divorce you" and the marriage is over.

Is that really much different then an American man telling his wife "I don't want you anymore and I want a divorce"?

At least in Islam you do not have to pay a lawyer thousands of dollars toget a divorce. :cool:

and of course, if they wanted the legal divorce, they'd still have to pay for the lawyers.

just like i can get a church anullment but legally it doesn't mean squat.

I had a Pakistani friend who said he was shocked when he found out that polygamy was illegal in America. He couldn't understand why America would prohibit something that was fundamental to Muslim life.

America really has such perverted and decadent veiws.

Hugh Hefner has three live in mistresses and it's celebrated as a hit show. And most Americans see nothing wrong with it.

Yet a Muslim man marries a second, third or even fourth wife. Totally provides for them and raises children with them. But this is somehow looked at as disgusting.

Go figure

America really has such perverted and decadent veiws.

Hugh Hefner has three live in mistresses and it's celebrated as a hit show. And most Americans see nothing wrong with it.

Yet a Muslim man marries a second, third or even fourth wife. Totally provides for them and raises children with them. But this is somehow looked at as disgusting.

Go figure

I have no issue with many wives. Considering how much work goes into one, I can only assume that person is a glutten for punishment.

You can also have as much random sex as you want. There's nothing wrong unless money directly changes hands. :lol:

Even the Bible says: " Wives submit to your husband and all things"

( Except modern Christians like to throw that verse out)

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

There is no "all things" so it's open to interpretation.

Depends on which of the many translations of the Bible that you want to quote.

But they all say for wives to "submit" to their husbands.

That part is not left up to interpretation. :cool:

Considering marriage in Islam is often just a "contract" between the man and his wife/wives, and sometimes those marriages are only temporary, should they be legally recognized?

Especially considering polygamy is illegal in the US, how can any government, Federal or State, give recognition to such "marriages"?

In these "contracts" the Muslim woman essentially gives up all her rights. She doesn't need to be present for a wedding or a divorce, and adultry commited by the man is not considered grounds for divorce on the woman's part. In fact, in Islam a married woman cannot technically be raped, she must have sex with the husband whenever he wants it.

To top it off, there is no age limit in Islam for marriage. It is perfectly legal to marry under-aged girls. Their great Prophet, Muhammed, in fact married a 6-year old.

Islamic Law of Marriage

Is this what liberals will be pressing for once they get "gay marriage" fully recognized?

Not if they are contrary to US laws.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

submission is not slavery.

by your broad implecation, it's ok for a man to beat his wife. after all, she must submit.

Yep you're right, the Bible and the Quran both have some pretty horrifying things in them (great things also).

However, and call me crazy, I'm not morally ok with anyone forcing anyone to have sex with them when they don't want to.

You brought up this sentence in the Bible to defend the Muslim practice of forced sex (which you say is not rape since it is permitted in Islam). Since this sentence in the Bible is open to interpretation, it does not prevent the development of women’s equality in the Christian world, something that would seem to be impossible in Islam.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back