Should illegal immigrants be granted amnesty?

I am creating this thread as a final project for a college class on diversity. I chose this immigration forum because it sparked the most interest in me. I know there is a lot of controversy right now surrounding the Presidents new program to protect millions of illegal immigrants from deportation and I was wondering about everyone's opinion. Please be respectful in this discussion as it is for a class project.

I think if the illegal immigrants can pass a criminal background check and are willing to work and pay taxes like everyone else then they should be allowed to stay.
College class on diversity, oh how enlightening. Diversity is good but creating diversity through violating the law is not. The Constitution is 'the law of the land' The INS and surprisingly the Homeland Security Dept (DHS) is charged with carrying out the tenets of law in regards to immigration and naturalization. The USCIS ,a part of DHS, is tasked with conducting the tasks required for of citizenship and immigration. Now the USCIS is an entity which is funded as a self funding bureau and receives no direct budget funding from the Congress. Congress therefore, having the power of the purse, is not able to control the bureau by cutting funding. It can only have an effect by changing law and doing that is sure to garner a veto by the President. Should this Executive Order been issued, I think not; for the system should have been funded to work as it is intended to. Hire sufficient personnel and acquire systems to enable the processing of all illegals for citizenship through the front door not jumping ahead of others.

We have a legal immigration system that doesn't even equate to diversity as most of them are from Mexico and one ethnic group. Illegal aliens should never be able to gain citizenship in our country.

I am creating this thread as a final project for a college class on diversity. I chose this immigration forum because it sparked the most interest in me. I know there is a lot of controversy right now surrounding the Presidents new program to protect millions of illegal immigrants from deportation and I was wondering about everyone's opinion. Please be respectful in this discussion as it is for a class project.
I think if the illegal immigrants can pass a criminal background check and are willing to work and pay taxes like everyone else then they should be allowed to stay.

Illegal Immigration Hurts Both U.S., Mexico, Study Finds -- Researchers Believe Migration May Have Peaked, Pressures Behind The Flow May Ease

For years, Mexico has done virtually nothing to stop illegal emigration, tending to view it as a major source of foreign exchange - remittances are estimated between $2.5 billion and $3.9 billion a year - and as an important "safety valve" for a job-scarce economy.

`Loss of human capital'

However, the study said, the immigration also costs Mexico heavily in a "loss of human capital," especially working-age people with some education and good health, which in turn discourages investment and the training of workers in Mexico.

It also tends to keep their communities mired in poverty. In addition, it said, migration is commonly "accompanied by serious problems of family disintegration."

Business Illegal Immigration Hurts Both U.S. Mexico Study Finds -- Researchers Believe Migration May Have Peaked Pressures Behind The Flow May Ease Seattle Times Newspaper

The billions going out of US economy into Mexico.
Lost of Mexico's young healty educated workforce hurts mexico's economy resulting in more illegal immigration
llegal immig separate families

Go to the back of the line pay all fees and become good citizen by renouncing their former countries citizenship and taking an oath to defend the U.S Constitution, no welfare for the first five years as a citizen..
That is my one an only compromise on this
Where is the back of the line? Mexico,etc.
Pay all fees? What fees and how do you calculate?
Good ciitzens? Do you know how many illegal aliens are in our prisons costing tax payers. How many illegal aliens gangs in this country.??
You don't even have a clue.

Citizenship is a priviledge earned and not stolen. Illegal aliens are criminals to began with. Do the crime pay the fine. Go the hell home and get in line

They can't pass a criminal background check. They are considered illegal because they committed a crime. Perhaps the moron that teaches your class should explain that concept to you or maybe they support rewarding criminals, too.

Forum List

Back