Should Illegal immigrants be allowed in the Country?

I’m inclined to believe that we should prohibit illegal immigrants from remaining in America. Yet, I understand the pro-illegal immigrant points. There is the humanitarian argument. If there is an anchor baby, then what is to become of it if we toss its parents out? What about the cheap labor that they provide (keeping produce cheap as a result). They do work for cheap compensation that Americans won’t do. There are probably other points too. There is the time, trouble, and cost in shipping them back.

Would anyone play devil’s advocate and give some reasons why we should allow them to stay.

I am more worried about stopping more from coming than the ones here already. I would gladly give all the ones here Citizenship if we stopped the flow of new ones. From Everywhere. Not just Mexico.

What do you think?

No one really knows how many illegals there are here, but estimates run between 11 and 20 Million. I have no doubt, some can make very compelling arguments for amnesty based on reasonable fears of torture if they are deported, etc.

Well, so mebbe what we need is some sort of ginormous immigration judiciary to hear appeals. And I'd favor sending deportees wherever they want to go...some nations actively recruit immigrants, and mebbe they'll both end up happy.

But for 99% of the illegals, NO. Deport them. We do not reward criminals with citizenship.

What do you think?

No one really knows how many illegals there are here, but estimates run between 11 and 20 Million. I have no doubt, some can make very compelling arguments for amnesty based on reasonable fears of torture if they are deported, etc.

Well, so mebbe what we need is some sort of ginormous immigration judiciary to hear appeals. And I'd favor sending deportees wherever they want to go...some nations actively recruit immigrants, and mebbe they'll both end up happy.

But for 99% of the illegals, NO. Deport them. We do not reward criminals with citizenship.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMa8b4vUtRY"]YouTube - The New Adventures Of Madeline Intro[/ame]

Wow, it's been days since we've had this debate!

It would be great if newby's would check before posting a new topic.... just so we don't end up with the same moronic drivel again and again and again.

Fine and jail those who employ illegals.
Boot out any illegals already here. If they have children under the age of 18, the kids either go with the parents or can remain here with legal relatives.
Secure the fucking border.
If legally entering the U.S. is a years-long endeavor, maybe look at changing that.
Any illegal criminal caught in the U.S. should be shot.

Forum List

Back