Should I join Facebook?

Anguille may or may not join, if she has to show her REAL pic,, probably not! :lol:
I figured out what to do. I joined under an alias and used my real pic. That way no one can search me out by name unless they know my alias.

I'm glad I did that too because it freaked me out when it gave me a list of people I know in real life to request as friends. It got the names from my email contact list. Not sure I like that.

Yes dear, you'll have NO PRIVACY on Facebook. It gets hacked all the time, and if someone wants to find you, they will.

You should use a different email address too then, along with your fake name! Then YOU can just add who you want, instead of those you don't want tracking you down.

Yeah, I'll think I'll change that now, set up a throw away email account.

Except then I won't get notifications when someone adds a comment to my Facebook page .....

:eusa_think:

I joined linked in to keep up with many of my buddies, old colleagues, vendors reps and even customers! I think its a great networking site for professional (however its still a little over-rated)!

But my wife loves facebook. She swears by it. It's a good way for her to keep in touch with her friends (esp friends across the country and the globe), get in touch with long lost acquaintances, let people know what's going on in her life and to make plans!

My contention is she has something like 300-350 "friends" on there and something like 100 of them are guys, some of them who I don't know. She tells me that she doesn't request or accept friendships with anyone she doesn't know. Many of them are guys I know, and husband of her friends or even some of my friends, but there is a good chunk I have no idea who they are! She tells me its a highschool or college friend! I trust her, but still have a problem with it for some reason, I guess its an insecurity!

Anguille may or may not join, if she has to show her REAL pic,, probably not! :lol:
I figured out what to do. I joined under an alias and used my real pic. That way no one can search me out by name unless they know my alias.

I'm glad I did that too because it freaked me out when it gave me a list of people I know in real life to request as friends. It got the names from my email contact list. Not sure I like that.

Yes dear, you'll have NO PRIVACY on Facebook. It gets hacked all the time, and if someone wants to find you, they will.

You should use a different email address too then, along with your fake name! Then YOU can just add who you want, instead of those you don't want tracking you down.

I've heard that there isn't a way to delete your page from either myspace or facebook. It's just a weird place.

I've heard that there isn't a way to delete your page from either myspace or facebook. It's just a weird place.

From what I know there isn't either. Facebook was thrown together, the designers know too little about web design much less security. Even Yahoo had better groups when they had them. But yeah, if you do sign up, be very very careful.

Sarah is NOT on Facebook, she just gets sick of the emails requesting her to join,or be friends to those who are members.
I'm thinking of asking Sarah to be my very first Facebook friend. :razz:

Since neither Sarah nor I are on facebook, we are officially non-facebook friends.
It's the antithesis of friendship.

We must be the only ones in the world not on facebook. You're still my friend though.

I was just looking at facebook and saw a picture of one of my Ex girlfriends from HS.

The years have not been kind.

Should I join Facebook?

Glad you joined Facebook, but be careful what you write next time.

Q6umM-500x392.jpg

THIS is how you put the Face in the Book | Emails From Crazy People

Will boring old boyfriends want to reconnect with me?

Will I feel inadequate if my Friends list is not very big?

Will it take over my life?

All of these things worry me but I would like to see and share pics.

Any advice?

I didn't join for a long time but I am glad I did, I am friends with lots of family member and it is nice to hear what they are up to and no it won't take over your life. I check mine only every couple of days.
And if you need a friend let me know.:razz:

Last edited:
I am YUKON and my advice to you is in bold-type following each of your questions. Good luck "teeny-bopper".

Will boring old boyfriends want to reconnect with me?
HIGHLY UNLIKELY. THEY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE LIKE

Will I feel inadequate if my Friends list is not very big?
YOU ARE INADEQUATE OR YOU WOULDN'T BE ASKING THESE OUTRAGEOUS QUESTIONS.

Will it take over my life?
WHAT LIFE? IF YOU NEED FACEBOOK YOU HAVE NO LIFE !

All of these things worry me but I would like to see and share pics.
THEN WHY ASK ADVICE? YOU SEEM TO HAVE MADE UP YOUR FEABLE MIND !

Any advice?
GET HELP IMMEDIATELY YOU NEED IT !

So everybody declined your Facebook friends requests, eh?

Don't worry about Yukon. He's after crack. You're safe. It ain't the right sort of crack. Not unless you're really a choirboy.

Forum List

Back