Should I get a Tatoo???

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Im thinking of a guardian angel on my tailbone which I know is going to be painful, but I like that area as it is well hidden most of the time? Do tatoos look good on women??

opinions???

a guardian angel on your tailbone......does your arse need guarding?

hate tats on women.....

I like the tattoo idea, but on the tailbone part, I dunno if I'd go for it in that area. Maybe somewhere on your back where it's constantly (supposedly, I don't know you in person enough to know for certain) hidden or even on the very top of your arm (unless you where sleeveless shirts).

What ever you do...Don't get it on your boob....
By the time your 80, it will be stretched down to your knees......:happy2:

Thanks for that oh so wonderful image, Steph.

But like Robin Williams said: When you're 18 and you get a tattoo of a barbed wire, it'll be a picket fence when you're 80.

Thanks for that oh so wonderful image, Steph.

But like Robin Williams said: When you're 18 and you get a tattoo of a barbed wire, it'll be a picket fence when you're 80.

Glad I could do that for you.....:laugh:

I'd say no, but again, it's your decision. If it's something you want, then don't worry about what other people think. But, yeah, I have heard that that's a very painful area to get a tattoo.

I offer you two quotes about tattoos (though I'm not trying to use them as a reference to your particular situation):

"If you ever want to get a tattoo, get one that says 'I'm dumb', that way in ten years, when you're wondering why you got it, you can look at it and say 'oh, yeah, I'm dumb!'" - Daniel Tosh, from his standup act

"F*ck, dude, at least I don't have to look at it!" - Steve-O on the tattoo of himself that takes up his entire back

Im thinking of a guardian angel on my tailbone which I know is going to be painful, but I like that area as it is well hidden most of the time? Do tatoos look good on women??

opinions???

I am one of a small percentage of Marines who never got a tattoo. It is an identifying mark, for one thing. The other is I have never seen the tattoo I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.;)

I have one on my ankle that I got when I turned 30 that I still love. No one ever sees it except during the summer.

I wouldn't get one on my back, I know they're very popular right now, but I think they look tacky.

1.Well besides the cost, pain of the location and I suspect that in time they will be able to be removed with less pain due to bleaching the skin. Just why are you getting one?

2. Not that you asked, but when I was much younger I was in the Navy and all us guys were talking about tats and what not and drinking, see I never got one because I thought it through even while on the piss, so I say what is it really worth?

3. And lastly if you have to ask us, then maybe you know the anwser.

opinions???

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find tattoos tacky, trashy and tawdry.

Gee Bonnie, you're a good looking lady. Why do you want to do that to yourself? Why do women think they're going to improve themselves by marking themselves for life? What God has made, let no tattoo artist tear asunder!

And this from the Bible...
Leviticus 19:28

28 " 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

A tattoo is something you should be sure of and if you were sure of it you wouldn't be asking us what you should do.

But as far as the debate, sometimes they do look nice on women.

opinions???
i think it depends on how you feel about it being there forever. even if you laser it off, you'll have a little scarring, so it won't entirely be gone.

a guardian angel is something symbolic, something spiritual, so if it means something to you, i doubt you'll regret it. Not only that, is you waited this long, so your choice would be more out of your own willingness to do that, rather than to look cool and being a stupid kid just wanting to rebel and be noticed now that they are 18.

I have mine on my lower back (just above tailbone). Mine is of Fawkes the Phoenix. Not just because I like Harry Potter, but because of what the phoenix represents, for example, it rises from its' own ashes (kind of describes my life), they're loyal, tears have healing powers, carries a great deal of weight many times of its' own (however you want to interperet that).

I got mine about 18 months ago (so I wasn't doing it to rebel), and I still love it. I got it on my back because of a few reasons:
-If I got it where I could see it all the time, I would get sick of it. Half the time I forget that I have it until I get a glimpse of it in the mirror.
-It is in a place that when I wear normal, office or even nice casual clothes, it is not visible. It isn't visible 99% of the time.
-The sun will fade it if exposed a lot, and since I have mostly red in my design, certainly don't want a pink bird and have to retouch often.

I guess I have a different attitude towards tattoos because nearly all the adults in my family have one, even my grandma, who has the name of the country band she played in years ago, on her shoulder. I think the other former members do too. My grandfather has his Air Force division on his chest. My dad has a black panther head on his forearm, my mom has a tribal armband on her right arm, and a baby devil wearing a diaper on her shoulder, etc...I could go on and on about my whole family's tattoos, but I think the point is there.

Forum List

Back