Should I call the police and report it?

I mean you could call the police but really it would just be a waste of time. If it persist than you should call them.

Typically if they don't get the person during the comission of the crime, it gets passed onto the Detectives and I guarantee they would put this at the bottom of the pile since it's not a priority case.

I was out of town for a few days. I've been back home for a few days, but something that happened while I was gone has been bugging me. I'm wondering if I should call the police and report it.

While I was gone, somebody left a a bag of trash on my front doorstep. It's kind of odd in a way. It was in a plastic bag, not loose trash, but it was trash nevertheless. I also know who did it, and can prove it. In fact, I could prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt in a court of law.
I talked to a few of my neighbors and they all had a bag of trash left on their doorstep by the same person. None of them think its that big of a deal, but when I asked them if they would be ok if I tossed my given bag of trash into the middle of the street we live on, none of them thought that was ok.
Trash on my doorstep (and theirs), no big deal to them, that same bag of trash in the street, they don't like it.
Should I call the police and report it? I threw the trash into my garbage can, but I can retrieve it if I call the police.
I'm looking for advice here, what do you think I should do?

It's your thing, do what you want to do,
I can't tell you who to sock it to...

I'm not a very good singer and I don't remember the rest of the words but seriously, I'd take a couple of deep breaths and write it off as just one of those dumb ass odd things that happens now and then to good people who have odd neighbors. If you do nothing, you win. If you make a big deal out of it, the person responsible has pushed your buttons which is probably what he or she intended to do in the first place. Write it off... Move on.

They will actually go through the bag of garbage to find identification of the asshole who dumped it. That's how ppl who dump garbage on the side of the road get busted.
Trust me on this, the person that left the trash didn't hide who they are, in fact, they advertised it.

What is your beef with him? What is the message he is trying to send by leaving the trash? Do you see it as a real threat? Can you turn him in to the complex instead?

is this guy a jokester?

Or is he a creep that your inner gut is afraid of...?

I remember back in the day when I was in High School how I dealt with people I had a beef with when they went out of town. I would take two or three hoses and run them down their chimney after they left and leave them on full blast until they got home lol.

I was out of town for a few days. I've been back home for a few days, but something that happened while I was gone has been bugging me. I'm wondering if I should call the police and report it.

While I was gone, somebody left a a bag of trash on my front doorstep. It's kind of odd in a way. It was in a plastic bag, not loose trash, but it was trash nevertheless. I also know who did it, and can prove it. In fact, I could prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt in a court of law.
I talked to a few of my neighbors and they all had a bag of trash left on their doorstep by the same person. None of them think its that big of a deal, but when I asked them if they would be ok if I tossed my given bag of trash into the middle of the street we live on, none of them thought that was ok.
Trash on my doorstep (and theirs), no big deal to them, that same bag of trash in the street, they don't like it.
Should I call the police and report it? I threw the trash into my garbage can, but I can retrieve it if I call the police.
I'm looking for advice here, what do you think I should do?

It's your thing, do what you want to do,
I can't tell you who to sock it to...

I'm not a very good singer and I don't remember the rest of the words but seriously, I'd take a couple of deep breaths and write it off as just one of those dumb ass odd things that happens now and then to good people who have odd neighbors. If you do nothing, you win. If you make a big deal out of it, the person responsible has pushed your buttons which is probably what he or she intended to do in the first place. Write it off... Move on.

:lol: You've got a great singing voice, but he just said it was the Yellow Pages! :lol:

Forum List

Back