Should i buy suspenders or not?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
12 € in Eurospar here in my town. They are beige or dark grey(or black im terrible at telling colours apart). So light or dark and yes or no?

Hosenträger.jpg

i use both belt and suspenders . i use Black but mine clip or hook or attach to Bachelor pound on buttons on the jeans . I like them , been using them for a few years , i like them but wouldn't use those with clips like shown Mort .

Suspenders were popular when I was in my very early 20's.....and I'm now in my 50's.

Im very conservative styled. Maybe thats why. I have hats like old guys who are 60-70, I have button up collar shirts, ties, neckties. I have no tattoos, no piercings, not dyed hair in pink or green or anything. A little bit skinhead style too (bomber jacket, boots, poloshirts etc.). But Im not a racist or skinhead but i wear that style because its conservative. But many skins have tattoos which I dont like either.

Vor3Jahren.jpg
IMG_2080.JPG
turkish2.jpg
IMG_2040.JPG

Last edited:
i use both belt and suspenders . i use Black but mine clip or hook or attach to Bachelor pound on buttons on the jeans . I like them , been using them for a few years , i like them but wouldn't use those with clips like shown Mort .

"i use both belt and suspenders ."

No. I now think should I or should I not be putting pismoe on Ignore :poke::popcorn:

Suspenders (or braces) are only a good look on slim men and are less than flattering on the more portly.

The suspenders you pictured has clips that attach to the waist of the trousers, these should NEVER be worn. Proper suspenders have button holes that attach to buttons inside the waistband of the trousers specifically for them.

Suspenders traditionally only come in two fabrics, grosgrain or smooth silk, the first being for everyday wear, the second only for formal evening wear.

And NEVER, under any circumstances, wear suspenders with a belt.

BOOTS you say , you need some WESCO's . They are simply Engineer boots . Mine are Boss Boots and are hand made in Ory Gun [oregon] . Expensive at about 500 to 700 for a pair . Mine are about 25 years old . Before the WESCO'S i wore Chippewa's , same engineer style since i was 14 or 15 and i'm 68 now .

Suspenders (or braces) are only a good look on slim men and are less than flattering on the more portly.

The suspenders you pictured has clips that attach to the waist of the trousers, these should NEVER be worn. Proper suspenders have button holes that attach to buttons inside the waistband of the trousers specifically for them.

Suspenders traditionally only come in two fabrics, grosgrain or smooth silk, the first being for everyday wear, the second only for formal evening wear.

"the second only for formal evening wear"

These are the only ones men I know wear, silk for evening wear this only for Black Tie never for White Tie situations.

"And NEVER, under any circumstances, wear suspenders with a belt."

You have to comment this to pismoe.

"the second only for formal evening wear"

These are the only ones men I know wear, silk for evening wear this only for Black Tie never for White Tie situations.

"And NEVER, under any circumstances, wear suspenders with a belt."

You have to comment this to pismoe.

Suspenders enjoyed a very brief popularity in the 80's among the Wall Street crowd. They are, in my opinion, an affectation in most non-formal situations.

Forum List

Back