CDZ Should Homosexual People Be Allowed To Legally Adopt Children?

Absolutely not! I've read no findings that gay couples' kids grow up well adjusted. Just the opposite. These kids are not isolated from the ration they ultimately get from peers once they learn their background. Nor do these kids have traditional (in the sense) home environment with parents who parent differently because of what they are, homosexuals. The parents' influence is so powerful and kids are undoubtedly affected.

This gay couple's kid certainly turned out a mess, right?

Once in a blue moon someone wins the lottery. Once in a blue moon a kid manages to overcome his environment. Does it happen often? Nope! It happens way less often than a blue moon, but why not subject him to a great environment from the start. Why take that chance with a human life?

There are many kids in homes with a mother and father that are terrible homes. Kids are abused under all kinds of different circumstances. A kid that has two loving and caring parents is going to do better than a kid with abusive parents.

Please read my most recent post to Progressive Patriot.

Absolutely not! I've read no findings that gay couples' kids grow up well adjusted. Just the opposite. These kids are not isolated from the ration they ultimately get from peers once they learn their background. Nor do these kids have traditional (in the sense) home environment with parents who parent differently because of what they are, homosexuals. The parents' influence is so powerful and kids are undoubtedly affected.

Once in a blue moon someone wins the lottery. Once in a blue moon a kid manages to overcome his environment. Does it happen often? Nope! It happens way less often than a blue moon, but why not subject him to a great environment from the start. Why take that chance with a human life?

Basically you are saying you don't want kids to be raised by homosexuals- because- ta da- they are homosexuals. How very circular.

We could stipulate many things that would be optimal for raising a child- a stable home, a stable income, both parents of the same religion, both parents of the same race, both parents healthy, both parents actually wanting a child.

But in the United States we don't require that 'parents' do anything more than get drunk and have a one night stand, get pregnant and have a kid. We don't have any requirement that heterosexuals provide a 'great environment'.

As I have pointed out before- 100,000 children a year in the United States are awaiting adoption-virtually all of them abandoned by their biological parents. 33,000 of them will wait 3 or more years to be adopted.

I think a 'great environment' for these kids would be a home where they have at least one parent who wants to be their family for the rest of their lives- regardless of whether that parent is straight or gay- or whether the couple is straight or gay- black or white- rich or poor.

fogetaboutit You not exactly dealing with a member of Mensa here. Not even someone with the integrity to defend their equine excrement. She keeps dropping these stink bombs and disappearing.

Still here. Thank you for your "compliments". It's interesting you feel it necessary because we happen to disagree to find it necessary to resort to name calling. I didn't try to degrade you or call you names, did I? Being perfectly clear, my interests are for the well being of the child, always. Yes, a couple of homosexuals can adopt the same way drunks and drug addicts or emotionally detached individuals can "parent", but is that the best environment for a kid? Even kids that are in these less than ideal circumstances can manage to survive it and grow up to be functioning members of society. Kids are tougher than we typically give them credit for, and despite what all they are exposed to, manage to mature in spite of our shortcomings. Need they weather the storm? Naw, I vote for attempting to do the best for them rather than tossing them into the sea and hoping they'll swim. Not all kids make it through that stuff, which is perhaps why we have so many dysfunctional adults today. I take it from your posts you are a Mensa graduate, so speak some words of wisdom and solve the problems of the world.

So what is 'attempting to best' then- in your opinion?

Now apply that standard to both homosexual and heterosexual parents.

Basically you are saying you don't want kids to be raised by homosexuals- because- ta da- they are homosexuals. How very circular.

We could stipulate many things that would be optimal for raising a child- a stable home, a stable income, both parents of the same religion, both parents of the same race, both parents healthy, both parents actually wanting a child.

But in the United States we don't require that 'parents' do anything more than get drunk and have a one night stand, get pregnant and have a kid. We don't have any requirement that heterosexuals provide a 'great environment'.

As I have pointed out before- 100,000 children a year in the United States are awaiting adoption-virtually all of them abandoned by their biological parents. 33,000 of them will wait 3 or more years to be adopted.

I think a 'great environment' for these kids would be a home where they have at least one parent who wants to be their family for the rest of their lives- regardless of whether that parent is straight or gay- or whether the couple is straight or gay- black or white- rich or poor.

fogetaboutit You not exactly dealing with a member of Mensa here. Not even someone with the integrity to defend their equine excrement. She keeps dropping these stink bombs and disappearing.

Still here. Thank you for your "compliments". It's interesting you feel it necessary because we happen to disagree to find it necessary to resort to name calling. I didn't try to degrade you or call you names, did I? Being perfectly clear, my interests are for the well being of the child, always. Yes, a couple of homosexuals can adopt the same way drunks and drug addicts or emotionally detached individuals can "parent", but is that the best environment for a kid? Even kids that are in these less than ideal circumstances can manage to survive it and grow up to be functioning members of society. Kids are tougher than we typically give them credit for, and despite what all they are exposed to, manage to mature in spite of our shortcomings. Need they weather the storm? Naw, I vote for attempting to do the best for them rather than tossing them into the sea and hoping they'll swim. Not all kids make it through that stuff, which is perhaps why we have so many dysfunctional adults today. I take it from your posts you are a Mensa graduate, so speak some words of wisdom and solve the problems of the world.

Read what's been written, you can figure it out with your brain, but I get that you just want to argue and I'm not interested in that activity. Also, not interested in drawing pictures for people who already know the answers, all of them, as they'll happily tell you.

Let’s be clear. I did not call you anything. I was simply making an observation about your propensity to say inflammatory things about gays and their effectiveness and appropriateness as parents and then run away-seemingly unable to defend yourself. Furthermore, you are still doing it. While the fact that you seem to really care about the children is commendable, you’re comparing gays to alcoholics and drug addicts’ amounts to nothing more than inane, bigoted blathering with nothing to back it up.

You have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to parenting by gays and if you think that you do you’re seriously delusional. Throughout this thread I and others have posted factual and logical information on the issue. All that you have done is to pull horseshit out of your ass and present it as truth. Unless you can come up with some factual evidence that children are harmed or even at any disadvantage having gay parents you might as well stifle yourself and go away

Read what's been written, you can figure it out with your brain, but I get that you just want to argue and I'm not interested in that activity. Also, not interested in drawing pictures for people who already know the answers, all of them, as they'll happily tell you.

Got it- you just want to complain and offer no actual solutions.

100,000 children await adoption each year in the United States- virtually all of them abandoned by their biological parents.
33,000 of them will wait 3 or more years to be adopted.
Thousands of them age out of the system with no parents- no family.

So- allow otherwise qualified homosexuals to adopt some of the 33,000 children-
Or tell those kids they can wait.

Let’s be clear. I did not call you anything. I was simply making an observation about your propensity to say inflammatory things about gays and their effectiveness and appropriateness as parents and then run away-seemingly unable to defend yourself. Furthermore, you are still doing it. While the fact that you seem to really care about the children is commendable, you’re comparing gays to alcoholics and drug addicts’ amounts to nothing more than inane, bigoted blathering with nothing to back it up.

You have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to parenting by gays and if you think that you do you’re seriously delusional. Throughout this thread I and others have posted factual and logical information on the issue. All that you have done is to pull horseshit out of your ass and present it as truth. Unless you can come up with some factual evidence that children are harmed or even at any disadvantage having gay parents you might as well stifle yourself and go away

I have very good friends that are in this category, thank you. So, STFU, already.

I have very good friends that are in this category, thank you. So, STFU, already.
Friends? In what "category" ? You are just proving again that you have nothing factual-not actual data or documentation- nothing logical -to support your position. You don't even realize what a colossal fool your making of yourself.

100,000 children await adoption each year in the United States- virtually all of them abandoned by their biological parents.

Can't help it that you're gay and have work experience with underprivileged kids. You obviously just have an ax to grind, so grind away if you must. I'll just ignore it because the pitch is getting to my ears. Try comprehending when you read instead of getting all emotionally charged and reacting like a bitch, huh?

Friends? In what "category" ? You are just proving again that you have nothing factual-not actual data or documentation- nothing logical -to support your position. You don't even realize what a colossal fool your making of yourself.

Okay, if I'm making a fool out of myself, so be it. Is that honestly the best you can do?

Can't help it that you're gay and have work experience with underprivileged kids. You obviously just have an ax to grind, so grind away if you must. I'll just ignore it because the pitch is getting to my ears. Try comprehending when you read instead of getting all emotionally charged and reacting like a bitch, huh?

The fact that you will make assumptions about my sexuality and my emotional state speaks volumes about you. Is that really all you have? Apparently so.

Okay, if I'm making a fool out of myself, so be it. Is that honestly the best you can do?

Did you have something new to post, or is copying and pasting what you already said all you're capable of now?

Did you have something new to post, or is copying and pasting what you already said all you're capable of now?

Which just confirms what I have said- all you want to do is whine.

you just want to complain and offer no actual solutions.

Or tell those kids they can wait

:desk:

I can tell she is.

Forum List

Back