Should Health Insurers be Exempt from Anti-Trust Laws?

Contumacious said:
There is no such thing as a free lunch.

You will pay for Obama hellcare either through yet another income tax, an indirect tax through currency inflation or poor healthcare.

Of course if you are a parasite another tax won't bother you in the least.

Nobody denies that this will cost something, fool. It's so typical of a Con to want it all and not have to pay for any of it.

And who the fuck are you to assume anything personal about me? Do you think that kind of insult makes you more credible?

Let me ask you a few questions:

Can Aetna or any oif the insurance companies print money at will ; the federal government can and will.

Can the insurance companies sent IRS goons to loot and plunder? The federal government can.

Imagine how much car insurance would cost if they had to reimburse you for tires, windshield wipers, oil changes..........

.:eek:

As a resident of Puerto Rico who enjoys all the federal benefits of the United States but pays no income taxes, I have to wonder just what your problem is anyway. Perhaps THAT'S a US policy you should be griping about. Why should commonwealths of the US get a free pass?
Maggie, you seem to be saying that personal self interest or advantage should trump one's underlying personal philosophy.

In the age of greed, it usually does, doesn't it?

Can Aetna or any oif the insurance companies print money at will ; the federal government can and will.

Can the insurance companies sent IRS goons to loot and plunder? The federal government can.

Imagine how much car insurance would cost if they had to reimburse you for tires, windshield wipers, oil changes..........

As a resident of Puerto Rico who enjoys all the federal benefits of the United States but pays no income taxes, I have to wonder just what your problem is anyway. Perhaps THAT'S a US policy you should be griping about. Why should commonwealths of the US get a free pass?

My soul is in Puerto Rico, my body is in Houston.

Let me remind you that over a hundred years ago my ancestors REJECTED US citizenship. The fuckers in DC responded by saying too bad you are citizens and Puerto Rico is US soil. So talk to your congresscritter.

The issue of statehood is put before Puerto Ricans every few years, and they continue to vote against it. It's not up to Congress to declare PR a state. Except for the language barrier, I would like to retire there. It's a much cheaper place to live. Just saying...

Stupid ass. The simple equation is that we are paying twice as much and recieving far less for our health care dollar than any other industrialized nation. Japan covers all of it's citizens and pays out only 8% of it's GDP on health. They live longer, healthier, and have a far better rate of infant mortality than we do. We pay over 16%, and rapidly rising, do not cover all of our citizens, and have third world statistics.

If you like paying twice as much for far less, then go ahead and defend what we have now. As for me, I like the better product at a lessor price.

Last I looked Japan doesn't have a large portion of their population overweight, nor do they have tens of millions of illegal immigrants putting a burden on their health care system.

And yet any attempt to control obesity receives equal shrieks from the right. The burden of providing health care for illegals is a huge problem that could be dealt with, in part, by hospitals instituting a tier system: Real emergencies and checkups performed by physicians assistants and nurses (take a number) until the separate issue of illegal immigration is dealt with.

Stupid ass. The simple equation is that we are paying twice as much and recieving far less for our health care dollar than any other industrialized nation. Japan covers all of it's citizens and pays out only 8% of it's GDP on health. They live longer, healthier, and have a far better rate of infant mortality than we do. We pay over 16%, and rapidly rising, do not cover all of our citizens, and have third world statistics.

If you like paying twice as much for far less, then go ahead and defend what we have now. As for me, I like the better product at a lessor price.

Last I looked Japan doesn't have a large portion of their population overweight, nor do they have tens of millions of illegal immigrants putting a burden on their health care system.

Don't be silly. Bad things NEVER happen to people as a result of their own stupid choices. They only happen as a result of too little benevolent government protection.

Now don't make me explain this simple fact of leftist life to you again, understand? :eusa_angel:

Let me remind you that over a hundred years ago my ancestors REJECTED US citizenship. The fuckers in DC responded by saying too bad you are citizens and Puerto Rico is US soil. So talk to your congresscritter.

The issue of statehood is put before Puerto Ricans every few years, and they continue to vote against it. It's not up to Congress to declare PR a state. Except for the language barrier, I would like to retire there. It's a much cheaper place to live. Just saying...

Of course it is.

Congress is the only entity responsible for territories.

In the case of Hawaii the US deposed their government is simply annexed the territory . In 1993 the US apologized , but Hawaii still remains a state.

Last edited:

Of course it is.

In the case of Hawaii the US deposed their government is simply annexed the territory . In 1993 the US apologized for Hawaii still remain a state.

Regardless of any proposed bill by Congress for PR statehood, it still must be ratified by the voters of Puerto Rico in order for it to move forward. The last attempt was in 2007, and prior to that 1998, both House bills were thereafter expunged.

Of course it is.

In the case of Hawaii the US deposed their government is simply annexed the territory . In 1993 the US apologized for Hawaii still remain a state.

Regardless of any proposed bill by Congress for PR statehood, it still must be ratified by the voters of Puerto Rico in order for it to move forward. The last attempt was in 2007, and prior to that 1998, both House bills were thereafter expunged.

The issue has been debated for more than a hundred years. And I guess it will take another hundred years for them to decide.

Maggie, you seem to be saying that personal self interest or advantage should trump one's underlying personal philosophy.

In the age of greed, it usually does, doesn't it?

... bad behavior justifies more bad behavior ... hmmh

Forum List

Back