Should he stay or should he go.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Again,

While we are busy cannibalizing ourselves, the rest of the wrold laughs at us and plans it's next move. Who need's enemies when we enjoy falling on our own sword so much.....

The ABB crowd is obviously going to milk this for all it's worth.

Hey man, peoplefucked up and must be punished. The world may be laughing at us, but we usually get the last laugh.

As Chris Rock often is quoted on his show:

"I'm rich, BIATCH!!!!!" :D

Also, the problem is not that we are cannibalizing ourselves, NOW, it is that our actions have further jeopardized our standing in the world community. Perhaps.

The question of whether he "should" go is irrelevent. Legally the President doesn't have to fire him, nor does public opinion seem to demand it here enough for him to consider his re-election impact.

Nor does any sensitivity to the Arab media need to be catered to when their agenda is ruthlessly anti-American and essentially so.

Originally posted by Comrade

Nor does any sensitivity to the Arab media need to be catered to when their agenda is ruthlessly anti-American and essentially so.

Agreed.
You talking about AL-Jazeera, specificly?

I also suspect that the press would like to seem him go because Rummy is aware of thier slant and has made some enemies among the press. No need to pacify them. They will slant anyway

That along with a large portion of the editors at AP, Rueters. BBC and CBC to some degree as well.

What problems do you hae with the AP and Reuters, I've always foundthem to be rather unbiased.

Originally posted by nycflasher/other user names
Hey man, peoplefucked up and must be punished. The world may be laughing at us, but we usually get the last laugh.

As Chris Rock often is quoted on his show:

"I'm rich, BIATCH!!!!!" :D

1. Not a man :D
2. Someone did fuck up, we can debate about who.

Also, the problem is not that we are cannibalizing ourselves, NOW, it is that our actions have further jeopardized our standing in the world community. Perhaps.

Huh? We don't have much of a standing in the world if you listen to the ABB's. If they put as much energy into helping to win this war as they do trying to divide this country, we would all be better off. Perhaps.

Originally posted by nycflasher
What problems do you hae with the AP and Reuters, I've always foundthem to be rather unbiased.

Selective quoting of US sources over unquoted text of alternative sources.

Failing to refer to alternate sources, especially their middle east reporters. They often use, for example, a report issued by a "reporter" in the field of the enemy. For example, recent reports from inside Fallujah and directly among the supporters are picked up and used by these giants without consideration for disclosure or offsetting accounts.

flasher, here's basically an example of what I'm talking about, from AP's White House Correspondent, which I imagine is one of their most esteemed reporters.

Here's how they wrote up the developing story on the Abu Prison photos.

AP: More Bad News May Be on the Way for Bush

Posted on 05/08/2004 12:09:20 PM PDT by jern

By TERENCE HUNT, AP White House Correspondent

WASHINGTON - In one of the darkest weeks of his administration, President Bush (news - web sites) saw America's reputation sullied, the U.S. effort in Iraq (news - web sites) damaged and his own campaign for re-election clouded. And more bad news may be on the way.

While the world already has been horrified by pictures of American soldiers abusing Iraqi prisoners, the Pentagon (news - web sites) warns there are many more photos and videos that have not been disclosed.

Actually the polls at the time clearly showed little reaction, and the link to Bush directly not in evidence. It's "bad for Bush" only because they want to defeat his politics.

And our reputation being sullied is an interesting opinion.And our effort in Iraq is "damaged", as in broken? Kaput?

It's like a fucking weather report this tripe.

"Well as I stand here in the white house, Bob, I see clouds have formed above Bush but jeezus LOOK AT THAT TORNADO coming his way! It's absolutely horrifying! Look now it's taken the President and spun him violently into pieces!"

If America should win the war and keep it's reputation(?), it won't be anything A.P. has ever projected with their phantasmagoric crystal ball.

flasher, here's basically an example of what I'm talking about, from AP's White House Correspondent, which I imagine is one of their most esteemed reporters.

Here's how they wrote up the developing story on the Abu Prison photos.

AP: More Bad News May Be on the Way for Bush

Posted on 05/08/2004 12:09:20 PM PDT by jern

By TERENCE HUNT, AP White House Correspondent

WASHINGTON - In one of the darkest weeks of his administration, President Bush (news - web sites) saw America's reputation sullied, the U.S. effort in Iraq (news - web sites) damaged and his own campaign for re-election clouded. And more bad news may be on the way.

While the world already has been horrified by pictures of American soldiers abusing Iraqi prisoners, the Pentagon (news - web sites) warns there are many more photos and videos that have not been disclosed.

Actually the polls at the time clearly showed little reaction, and the link to Bush directly not in evidence. It's "bad for Bush" only because they want to defeat his politics.

And our reputation being sullied is an interesting opinion.And our effort in Iraq is "damaged", as in broken? Kaput?

It's like a fucking weather report this tripe.

"Well as I stand here in the white house, Bob, I see clouds have formed above Bush but jeezus LOOK AT THAT TORNADO coming his way! It's absolutely horrifying! Look now it's taken the President and spun him violently into pieces!"

If America should win the war and keep it's reputation(?), it won't be anything A.P. has ever projected with their phantasmagoric crystal ball.

You make a good point. I'll have to read these sources with a more critical eye, and a chunky grain of salt handy.:rolleyes:

It wouldn't be so bad if they kept from putting negative spin on any good news for America as well... never a clear sky and a light breeze in the forecast for our war. It's defeatest, leftist propganda, or otherwise why the use of such negative imagery?

Rummy should prob. go. Because of his leadership, other countries will likely not feel obligated to follow rules laid out by the Geneva Convention. It's a distinct possibilty, anyway.

What other countries (belligerent toward the USA) follow them?

NONE!

I kinda doubt Rummy loses his office, but I wouldn't cry if he did. Anyone read Seymour Hersch's New Yorker article this week? VERY interesting reading!

Regarding your Hersh article:

May 20, 2004, 9:43 a.m.
Hersh’s History
Ted Kennedy, take note.

By Barbara Comstock

This week we saw the first court martial in connection with the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuses. As the investigations continue and legal actions proceed — as they should — it is important for our soldiers in the field that information about these actions be sober, factual, and accurate. We simply still don't know what we don't know.

As we proceed through this process, one place we shouldn't look to for reliable information is the sensationalized reporting of Seymour Hersh. A little walk down memory lane will serve to show his history of questionable reporting — a history that had been virtually ignored of late (outside of the likes of the Media Research Center) until the Washington Post's Howie Kurtz took note this week.

But before that, guess who said the following about the 1997 Sy Hersh book, The Dark Side of Camelot, which is critical of former President John Kennedy? "This book is a fiction and we don't intend to comment any further on this maliciousness and innuendo." That would be the same Senator Ted Kennedy who now virtually echoes Hersh's allegations. Kennedy historian Arthur Schlesinger called Hersh, "the most gullible investigative reporter I've ever encountered."

The rest is here:
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comstock200405200943.asp

Don't drink the KoolAde..............:cof:

Forum List

Back