Should Gov. Walker be prosecuted for accepting a bribe?

LOL
1. I'm not corrupt.
2. I didn't "attack" Walker as corrupt, I asked a question.
3. "The Fall"? Maybe it's time for you to repent, having made a false witness against me.

I've not lied at all concerning you.

You've lied in every one of your points.

I've lied in everyone of my posts? Please post everyone of my posts and point out the lie. Otherwise, there will be proof that you have violated God's Commandments.
I await you apology; keep in mind your very soul is at stake.

He did not say you lied in every post, he said you lied in your points. If you insist on the lie in every post I can simply point to this post and how you are lying about what he said though.

It seems both sides of the aisle, thus far, agree such behavior is both common and unacceptable. Isn't the investigaton of a high profile Governor the first step in a process to bring intergrity to elected office?

Think President Clinton.

then get back to us.:lol::lol::lol:

It would be nice if the people criticizing would look in their own lives and fix the corruption there before worrying about others. But wait, that might involve admitting they are wrong and making an effort to change bad habits.

You think you can attack Walker as being corrupt while you support some of the most corrupt people this nation has ever seen. That doesn't excuse any bad behavior on Walker's part, if there is any. But if you show evidence that he is corrupt, how exactly does it justify your corruption? How does it justify the corrupt unions? How does it make him wrong to cut the budget and fix the serious fiscal problems we are facing before they destroy us?

I'd rather have a corrupt person working to make things better than a corrupt person working to make things worse. Of course, I'd rather not have corrupt people at all. But unfortunately, humanity is corrupt from the Fall and until people repent and become redeemed from the Fall, we have to deal with what we have.

LOL
1. I'm not corrupt.
3. "The Fall"? Maybe it's time for you to repent, having made a false witness against me.

if this constitutes a bribe you have a major issue with the English language and Merriam and Websters...I think can think of several pithy descriptive terms to use for this that I in fact would agree with, but bribery is waaaaay out there.

I'm not sure it would meet the test for a felony indictment, I simply asked a question. However, I believe there is sufficient information to pursue an investigation.

My English is quite good, and I am very familiar with Ballentine's Law Dictionary which defines Bribery, as:

"bribery. A crime; the voluntary giving or receiving of anything of value in corrupt payment for an official act done or to be done or with the corrupt intent to influence the action of a public official or any other person professionally concerned with the administration of public affairs."

Last edited:
It seems both sides of the aisle, thus far, agree such behavior is both common and unacceptable. Isn't the investigaton of a high profile Governor the first step in a process to bring intergrity to elected office?

And you just happened to pick the governor who is on the unions' hit list for standing up to their strong arm tactics and threats.
That somehow lacks credibility. This looks, smells, and acts like a hit job.

If it looks like a birbe ... I guess to you it's the way things work; I find that reprehensible, no matter what letter (R) or (D) follows the name of the elected offical.

I find that incredibly difficult to believe considering your history here of rabid partisanship. I don't recall you falling apart over the "Cornhusker Kickback" or the "Louisiana Purchase."

If it looks like a birbe ... I guess to you it's the way things work; I find that reprehensible, no matter what letter (R) or (D) follows the name of the elected offical.

I find that incredibly difficult to believe considering your history here of rabid partisanship. I don't recall you falling apart over the "Cornhusker Kickback" or the "Louisiana Purchase."

I'm not a rabid partisan, it only seems that way because I detest callous conservatives, racists, reactionaries and hate mongers.
You suggest politics is the same as bribery. I see a distinct difference in a Governor using leverage in securing a benefit for a state and a Governor accepting money for a personal political campaign and then paying off the donar with a job for the donar's underqualified son. I suppose that is too nuanced for you to understand.

I'm not a rabid partisan, it only seems that way because I detest callous conservatives, racists, reactionaries and hate mongers.
You suggest politics is the same as bribery. I see a distinct difference in a Governor using leverage in securing a benefit for a state and a Governor accepting money for a personal political campaign and then paying off the donar with a job for the donar's underqualified son. I suppose that is too nuanced for you to understand.

:lol: Wry, your a rabid partisan. You declare war on conservatives and never on the liberals....that's a rabid partisan.

LOL
1. I'm not corrupt.

if this constitutes a bribe you have a major issue with the English language and Merriam and Websters...I think can think of several pithy descriptive terms to use for this that I in fact would agree with, but bribery is waaaaay out there.

I'm not sure it would meet the test for a felony indictment, I simply asked a question. However, I believe there is sufficient information to pursue an investigation.

My English is quite good, and I am very familiar with Ballentine's Law Dictionary which defines Bribery, as:

"bribery. A crime; the voluntary giving or receiving of anything of value in corrupt payment for an official act done or to be done or with the corrupt intent to influence the action of a public official or any other person professionally concerned with the administration of public affairs."

your problem is comprehension.

Big Donors & Bundlers Among Obama's Ambassador Picks
By Michael Beckel on May 28, 2009 10:42 PM
| More
U.S. presidents have long rewarded big campaign donors, fundraisers and other loyalists with ambassadorships, and Democratic President Barack Obama seems to be no exception. Yesterday, he officially announced his intent to nominate a dozen individuals to ambassadorships around the globe. That list included a handful of career Foreign Service officers, but it also included several big contributors and bundlers, who, along with their spouses, have given nearly $1 million almost exclusively to Democrats since the 1990 election cycle. These donations include $34,600 to Obama himself, on top of the hundreds of thousands of dollars they steered toward Obama's presidential campaign and inauguration committees as bundlers.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2009/05/big-donors-bundlers-among-obam.html

Last edited:

You are so rabidly partisan you foam at the mouth.

And you just happened to pick the governor who is on the unions' hit list for standing up to their strong arm tactics and threats.
That somehow lacks credibility. This looks, smells, and acts like a hit job.

That would be because it is a hit job.

If he had any desire to actually fight corruption, he'd be cleaning his own party first.

What bribe was that dry preacher? Oh did you happen to see that thew silent majority apparently did vote for the right person in wis?

When you're screaming to investigate a Democrat governor, then perhaps someone might believe your lament is something other than pure partisan whining.

There is nothing illegal about this. Walker and any other governor can hire who ever they want for what ever reason they want. If the voters don't like it then they'll vote against him in the next election.

This kind of thing goes on in Congress all the time. They attach some special earmark for a Congressman's district or state in order to get him to vote for a bill they may be on the fence about. When the government does this, though, it's not called bribery, it's called compromising.

Many members of Congress hire family members as staffers. These are often six figure jobs. You don't see libs screaming to investigate Democrats who indulge in this practice. The Dims lost in Wisconsin, so now they are trying the to criminalize any objection to their agenda.

Some things never change.

Beware of the person that starts a sentence with "not saying its wrong or right but..."

That person is a liar and a waffler

So is the person who says "never mind what we did. Now we are only concerned with what you are doing."

See, until there is no corruption from the dems the repubs will never see this as wrong. I thought repubs were for ppl obtaining positions through hard work and determination? At least that's what they say jn every affirmative action thread.

We see it for what it is: pure partisan whining. When liberals can't win at the polls, they attempt to criminalize opposition to their agenda.

Nothing ever changes.

Forum List

Back