Should GOP Senator caught DUI be forced to resign?

Last edited:
"Romney's French accident"??
Do tell :popcorn:

He had an accident in France..killing his passenger Leola Anderson.

You didn't know?

:cool:

No, never heard that one before.
Didn't mean to make light, I thought it had something to do with French - the language.

Of course you wouldn't know about it.

Most of the media didn't even bring it up.

Which puts a rest to the notion that the media is controlled by Liberals.

:lol:

I don't think we should have elected representatives who can't follow the laws they make and force on the rest of us. Yes, I think he should resign or the Senate should expel him if he doesn't.

You mean like affordable health care that we pay for congress to have while they want to stop us from buying for ourselves?

Normally i'd say yes but then again - Obaboon refuses to deport his illegal alien uncle even after he was convicted of DUI.

Crapo 'Deeply Sorry' After Drunk Driving Arrest

Wednesday, 26 Dec 2012 09:44 AM

Idaho Sen. Mike Crapo has issued a heartfelt apology after his arrest on charges of driving under the influence and says he is ready to accept the consequences.

“I made a mistake for which I apologize to my family, my Idaho constituents and any others who have put their trust in me. I accept total responsibility and will deal with whatever penalty comes my way in this matter.’’

Crapo was arrested Sunday morning in Alexandria, Va., after he was pulled over for running a red light.

A police spokesman told Politico that Crapo failed a sobriety test, registering a blood alcohol level of .110. Drivers who register .08 or more are considered intoxicated.

Once upon a time, anyone exhibiting such poor judgement would step down. Now that stupid actions have become the norm, people shrug it off. Sad, but we no longer look to Washington for leadership and no longer count on the integrity of elected officials. This whole country is becoming a joke.

We should have consistency regarding acceptable/unacceptable behavior from our elected officials and should draw a line and neither party should be allowed to cross it. Won't ever happen, but I can dream.

While making such an idiotic move at one time would have ended a career, now he just fits in with the rest of them.

Normally i'd say yes but then again - Obaboon refuses to deport his illegal alien uncle even after he was convicted of DUI.

Crapo 'Deeply Sorry' After Drunk Driving Arrest

Wednesday, 26 Dec 2012 09:44 AM

Idaho Sen. Mike Crapo has issued a heartfelt apology after his arrest on charges of driving under the influence and says he is ready to accept the consequences.

“I made a mistake for which I apologize to my family, my Idaho constituents and any others who have put their trust in me. I accept total responsibility and will deal with whatever penalty comes my way in this matter.’’

Crapo was arrested Sunday morning in Alexandria, Va., after he was pulled over for running a red light.

A police spokesman told Politico that Crapo failed a sobriety test, registering a blood alcohol level of .110. Drivers who register .08 or more are considered intoxicated.

Once upon a time, anyone exhibiting such poor judgement would step down. Now that stupid actions have become the norm, people shrug it off. Sad, but we no longer look to Washington for leadership and no longer count on the integrity of elected officials. This whole country is becoming a joke.

We should have consistency regarding acceptable/unacceptable behavior from our elected officials and should draw a line and neither party should be allowed to cross it. Won't ever happen, but I can dream.

While making such an idiotic move at one time would have ended a career, now he just fits in with the rest of them.

Sure does..

George W. Bush DUI Arrest Record | The Smoking Gun

The last Democrat President's name that didn't claim to absolutely believe in God escapes me, maybe you can help me out on this one.

That's pretty simple at least, republicans get to use the pious act of contrition as an out, democrats hound their own from office on a regular basis.

Hardly.

Anthony Weiner was it.

This is why rw's shouldn't be allowed to make big decisions.

They actually believe that sending photos to another consenting adult is as bad as driving drunk or even a full fledged affair.

I think he should be forced to pay the fines, attend whatever classes and do whatever community service is dictated by law. But lose his job over a DUI? I don't think so.

to be fair, lots of people would lose their job over a dui - even people that don't drive for a living.

on the other hand, that's really up to his employers.

Only goes to show Senators and Representatives are human after all. Did he lack judgment, yes, but then again he does work in Washington, which amounts to being par for the course.

really? nobody going to touch this one?
;)

and rightwinger's like to feign injury when anyone ever says some of them are racist.

We're about to appoint as SecState a genuine traitor who would have gotten enemy combatant treatment from either FDR or Truman

Last edited:

Forum List

Back