Should GOP Senator caught DUI be forced to resign?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Normally i'd say yes but then again - Obaboon refuses to deport his illegal alien uncle even after he was convicted of DUI.

Crapo 'Deeply Sorry' After Drunk Driving Arrest

Wednesday, 26 Dec 2012 09:44 AM

Idaho Sen. Mike Crapo has issued a heartfelt apology after his arrest on charges of driving under the influence and says he is ready to accept the consequences.

“I made a mistake for which I apologize to my family, my Idaho constituents and any others who have put their trust in me. I accept total responsibility and will deal with whatever penalty comes my way in this matter.’’

Crapo was arrested Sunday morning in Alexandria, Va., after he was pulled over for running a red light.

A police spokesman told Politico that Crapo failed a sobriety test, registering a blood alcohol level of .110. Drivers who register .08 or more are considered intoxicated.

Hell no, republican politicians get to ask God for forgiveness, their voters automatically forgive them and........the end.

The last Democrat President's name that didn't claim to absolutely believe in God escapes me, maybe you can help me out on this one. If fact now I wonder if Obama put his hand on the bible when he was sworn in, maybe he even went to church! I seem to remember something about a well known racist church that Obama used to just love.

Last edited:
Hell no, republican politicians get to ask God for forgiveness, their voters automatically forgive them and........the end.

The last Democrat President's name that didn't claim to absolutely believe in God escapes me, maybe you can help me out on this one.

That's pretty simple at least, republicans get to use the pious act of contrition as an out, democrats hound their own from office on a regular basis.

Granny says make him go to the Betty Ford clinic first...
:eusa_shifty:
Statesman: Mike Crapo’s no Larry Craig
12/25/12 - Idaho newspaper urges readers to give Sen. Mike Crapo a second chance
The editorial page of the most widely read newspaper in Idaho on Tuesday urged readers to give Sen. Mike Crapo a second chance, several days after the GOP senator was busted for driving under the influence. “It would be unfair to judge Crapo, or anybody else, on one mistake,” read a Christmas Day editorial in the Boise-based Idaho Statesman, which says it reaches nearly 125,000 readers a day. “But it is totally fair to evaluate him according to where he goes from here and what he does to turn this matter from a negative to a positive.”

Crapo, a conservative politician and Mormon, was arrested Sunday for driving under the influence of alcohol in Alexandria, Va., and is slated for a Jan. 4 court date. He had previously said that as a Mormon he abstains from alcohol. The editorial compared Crapo favorably to another Idaho politician — former GOP Sen. Larry Craig — who experienced a major scandal following an incident in 2007 in which he allegedly solicited sex in an airport bathroom.

“Crapo’s ‘mistake’ was not on the same level as Craig’s ‘mistake’at a Minneapolis airport bathroom in 2007,” the Statesman said. “It was worse. Crapo could have killed himself, or somebody else — which is a lot more serious than toe-tapping in a restroom stall. “But there is a difference in how they handled their mistakes,” the editorial continued. “Craig blamed everybody but himself; Crapo knows the DUI arrest was nobody’s fault but his own, and took responsibility for his actions.”

The editorial board, which noted that “[some] of us here have known Crapo since his days as an up-and-coming state senator from Idaho Falls in the 1980s,” argued that “one mistake does not erase an otherwise honorable career” and said that Crapo should use the situation to send a message about drunken driving. “He could hire a lawyer who would ask for leniency based on his record as a senator and a ‘good Mormon,’” the editorial said. “We’d be more impressed if he did not, and instead used his standing as an example of the personal costs associated with such a mistake and to speak up about the dangers of drinking and driving.”

Read more: Statesman: Mike Crapo?s no Larry Craig - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

No.

It's got nothing to do with his job. No more than Monica Lewinsky did. We have a forced-to-resign-happy culture. It's past time to drop the phony PC bullshit.
Actually the title of this thread should be simply "senator", not "GOP senator". His politics should have absolutely no bearing on the question whatsoever.

Wikipedia says his name is pronounced KRAY-poh.

Wikipedia can say what it likes, but I know what I see.

Last edited:
Normally i'd say yes but then again - Obaboon refuses to deport his illegal alien uncle even after he was convicted of DUI.

Idaho Sen. Mike Crapo has issued a heartfelt apology after his arrest on charges of driving under the influence and says he is ready to accept the consequences.

“I made a mistake for which I apologize to my family, my Idaho constituents and any others who have put their trust in me. I accept total responsibility and will deal with whatever penalty comes my way in this matter.’’

Crapo was arrested Sunday morning in Alexandria, Va., after he was pulled over for running a red light.

A police spokesman told Politico that Crapo failed a sobriety test, registering a blood alcohol level of .110. Drivers who register .08 or more are considered intoxicated.
Personally, I'm not for "forcing" anyone to resign (unless they work for me).

But, I know if I were a lawmaker who cannot follow the laws that the People have entrusted me to make, yeah, I would resign.

But, I know if I were a lawmaker who cannot follow the laws that the People have entrusted me to make, yeah, I would resign.

How many Senator speed when driving?

Dunno. I know I wouldn't if I were a lawmaker.

But, politicians and I are a very different breed.

I'm not really sure about this but I thiiiiiiiink Idaho Senators don't really write the traffic laws for Alexandria, Virginia. Check me on that though.

I'm not really sure about this but I thiiiiiiiink Idaho Senators don't really write the traffic laws for Alexandria, Virginia. Check me on that though.
Of course there is no federal law about BAC content while driving.

Nah, can't be. :lmao:

[

They all do. One of these days people will smarten up and treat speeding the same as DUI.

And once we get to that pont ... murder and treason, right?? Kill 'em all! Boil 'em in oil!

I'm not even a speeder and I find this logic hilarious. :rofl:
Not to mention I'm really really impressed you've been in a car with all 100 senators at various times. Or was it all one time?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back